Two weeks from today, Warner Bros. Pictures and Legendary Pictures preview their upcoming blockbuster films at San Diego Comic-Con on Saturday, July 20th. Godzilla is the one that intrigues me most, having just wrapped three months of filming in Vancouver. As expected, the new Godzilla is a re-imagining of Toho’s iconic Godzilla, but this time it’s “humanity’s scientific arrogance” which creates the radioactive monster and these ones cross the Pacific Ocean to terrorize San Francisco not Tokyo. It’s not clear which cast will be on the panel — Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Ken Watanabe, Elizabeth Olsen, Juliette Binoche, David Strathairn or Bryan Cranston — but director Gareth Edwards is expected to screen footage from Vancouver. Whatever is shown, I can’t wait to see it online. The 3D Godzilla reboot is scheduled for release on May 16th next year.
Published June 27, 2013 on Vancouver is Awesome After a three month-plus shoot here, the 3D Godzilla reboot wraps filming this week in Vancouver and moves on… Read More »BIG READ: U.S. Military Vs GODZILLA Moves On From Vancouver Area & Vancouver Island
Gozilla returned to Oceanic Plaza dressed as San Francisco in Vancouver’s Business District on Sunday to film more scenes of Elizabeth Olsen doused by rain… Read More »SHOOT: Elizabeth Olsen Drenched by Rain Tower at GODZILLA in Downtown Vancouver – Day 2
- Sunday, June 23rd – The Killing 3×05 Scared and Running airs on AMC: Bullet (Bex Taylor Klaus) works with Sarah Linden (Mireille Enos) and Stephen Holder (Joel Kinnaman) to find girl on the run before killer does; Seward (Peter Sarsgaard) isn’t happy to see his son’s adoptive mother.
- Sunday, June 23rd – Falling Skies 3×04 At All Costs airs on TNT. President meets President.
- Sunday, June 23rd – Godzilla‘s main unit films in Vancouver’s Business District for second day on Everleigh Street off Thurlow and then the 1000 block of West Hastings (Oceanic Plaza) dressed as San Francisco BART station. Elizabeth Olsen on set under rain tower again but this time in action scene. 2nd unit films returns to debris-strewn Thurlow Street overnight but no controlled jump from crane this time.
- Sunday, June 23rd – YVRShoots Series – The Killing’s Mireille Enos & Joel Kinnaman Investigate Street Kid Deaths in S3
- Saturday/Sunday, June 22nd/23rd – Godzilla‘s second unit films massive SPFX explosions overnight at Watchmen’s Main Street set in Burnaby dressed as San Francisco’s Chinatown. Explosions much bigger than expected. Click on link for photo.
- Saturday, June 22nd – Godzilla‘s main unit films in Vancouver’s Busines District on Everleigh Street off Thurlow and then the 1000 block of West Hastings (Oceanic Plaza) dressed as a San Francisco BART station. Elizabeth Olsen gets drenched by rain tower.
- Saturday, June 22nd – Canada’s Constellation Awards in Toronto: Vancouver-cop-from-the-future series Continuum wins best sci-fi series and best female performance for Rachel Nichols and Vancouver-dinosaurs-run-amok series Primeval: New World wins best male performance for Niall Matter. Complete list of winners.
- Saturday, June 22nd – Primeval: New World 1×03 airs on Syfy in the U.S.
- Friday, June 21st – Continuum 2×03 airs on Syfy in the U.S. Drugs from the future and old- fashioned biker gangs.
- Friday, June 21st – Almost Human, Bates Motel, Once Upon a Time in Wonderland and Supernatural filming start dates appear on BC production list. Summer start dates in Vancouver for these American 2013-14 season series plus Arrow, Once Upon a Time and The Tomorrow People announced earlier.
- Friday, June 21st – New YTV teen sitcom Some Assembly Required gets start date of July 21st on BC production list.
- Friday, June 21st – Warner Bros. TV announces Arrow’s Stephen Amell; Supernatural’s Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles and Misha Collins; Almost Human’s Karl Urban (Star Trek) and Michael Ealy; The 100’s Henry Ian Cusick (Lost); The Tomorrow People‘s Robbie Amell and showrunners will be at ComicCon 2013 in San Diego, July 17th to 21st.
- Friday, June 21st – Movie World War Z in theatres, featuring The Killing‘s Mireille Enos as Brad Pitt’s wife.
- Friday, June 21st – The Killing films season 3 finale at a house near Queens Park in New Westminster. Mireille Enos, Joel Kinnaman & Elias Koteas on set.
- Friday, June 21st – The Province’s Alex Strachan interviews Hugh Dillon of The Killing and Continuum.
- Thursday, June 20th – ABC Studios announces Once Upon a Time and Once Upon a Time in Wonderland casts and showrunners will be at ComicCon 2013 in San Diego on Saturday, July 20th. Read More »WEEK: June 17-23, 2013
Elizabeth Olsen got drenched by rain tower in take after take today on the set of Godzilla in Vancouver’s Business District dressed as San Francisco. She reportedly plays the wife of Aaron Taylor-Johnson (Kick-Ass)’s lead character Lieutenant Ford. And since she’s wearing hospital scrubs seems to be some kind of doctor or EMR. Crew filmed scenes of vehicles in gridlock near Oceanic Plaza dressed as a BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit) station. Olsen got out of an ambulance in the rain and joined others looking up at something north of the street — [a fight between Godzilla and the two MUTO (massive unidentified terrestrial organisms)].
- Sunday, May 12th – Once Upon a Time season two finale. Hook (Colin O’Donoghue) rescues young Baelfire from the water in Neverland. Back in Storybrooke, Rumple (Robert Carlyle) and Henry (Jared Gilmore) learn from the Charmings (Ginnifer Goodwin, Jennifer Morrison & Josh Dallas) in the Kuno Garden that grownup Baelfire/Neal (Michael Raymond-James) is lost. Greg (Ethan Embry) and Tamara (Sonequa Martin-Green) activate the trigger in the curse. Hook sails away from Storybrooke on his ship after stealing a magic bean. Back in Neverland, Hook gives Baelfire to the Lost Boys. In Storybrooke, the Charmings and Regina (Lana Parrilla) stop the trigger but Henry is captured. They rush to the docks in time to see him taken through a portal to Neverland. Hook comes back with the Jolly Roger and magic bean and they set off through a portal too to rescue Henry. Meanwhile, the Lost Boys row young Baelfire ashore but let him live because he’s not the right boy. Who is? Turns out Peter Pan wants Henry. Oh and grownup Baelfire/Neal is alive.
- Sunday, May 12th – Vancouver-cop-from-the-future series Continuum 2×04 Kiera (Rachel Nichols) races to track down what she thinks is another time traveler and finds her but that’s not who’s wearing a high-tech suit from the future. SGU’s Patrick Gilmore is but as a costume.
- Sunday, May 12th – Leo Award Nominations: Film Becoming Redwood with 14 & TV series Continuum with 16 top the nominations. Arctic Air picks up 14; Arrow, 8 and Primeval: New World, 6.
- Sunday, May 12th – Movie Robocop fims inside the Vancouver Convention Centre dressed as OmniCorp. and has night shoot in alley off Victory Square downtown.
- Saturday, May 11th – Movie Robocop films inside the Vancouver Convention Centre dressed as OmniCorp in night shoot.
- Friday, May 10th – Joel Kinnaman as Robocop on his motorcycle near Olympic Cauldron at Vancouver Convention Centre dressed as OmniCorp in night shoot.
- Friday, May 10th – Bates Motel evening at Paley Center — Reimagining a Cinema Icon – with cast Vera Farmiga, Freddie Highmore, Max Thieriot, Nestor Carbonell, Nicola Peltz and showrunners Carlton Cuse and Kerry Ehrin.
- Friday, May 10th – Aaron Taylor-Johnson & Elizabeth Olsen film Godzilla in Massey Heights house in New Westminster.
- Friday, May 10th – The Killing films on Terminal Avenue and Station Street near Pacific Central Station.
- Friday, May 10th – Psych films on private property between Whiterock and Crescent Beach.
- Friday, May 10th – ABC orders Once Upon a Time in Wonderland to series with John Lithgow now voicing the White Rabbit but passes on pilot Big Thunder and Read More »WEEK: May 6-12, 2013
Update: MUTO (massive unidentified terrestrial organism) contained at Janjira nuclear power plant breaks free. Japanese monster 3D reboot Godzilla has started its fourth week of filming in… Read More »SHOOT: GODZILLA Films Overnight at Paper Recycling Plant in Coquitlam as Nuclear Power Plant
Update: “Earthquake Rocks Eastern Japan” says news crawl on set screen.
Japanese monster 3D reboot Godzilla with Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Elizabeth Olsen, Bryan Cranston, David Straitharn and Ken Watanabe from a script by The Walking Dead’s Frank Darabont has begun filming here and on Vancouver Island. Godzilla crew transformed the Vancouver Convention Centre into what looks like the [Honolulu International Airport in Hawaii] last weekend. And on Vancouver Island, crew transported WRail train cars and a locomotive from New Westminster to tracks near Shawnigan Lake and started filming in Nanaimo. Aaron Taylor-Johnson could be on set inside the Convention Centre but Bryan Cranston is not expected here until he wraps filming of the Breaking Bad series finale.
6.3 Earthquake Rocks Eastern Japan, says newsreel.
- Sunday, February 17th – Once Upon a Time 2×14 Manhattan airs on ABC/CTV with Rumple (Robert Carlyle), Henry (Jared Gilmore) and Emma (Jennifer Morrison) in Gastown turned into Manhattan. And Emma chases and tackles a grey-hoodie man she thinks is Rumple’s son Bae.
- Sunday, February 17th- Vancouver crime drama Motive 1×3 airs on CTV, filmed in Queen Elizabeth Theatre as cruise ship terminal.
- Friday, February 15th – Godzilla reboot with Bryan Cranston, Eliabeth Olsen and Aaron Johnson and a script by The Walking Dead’s Frank Darabont gets filming dates on BC Production list. March 1st to June 1st
- Friday, February 15th – American TV pilots Backstrom (CBS), Big Thunder (ABC), Blink (The CW), Joel Wyman’s InHuman (FOX) and Rita (Bravo), appear on BC Production List. For details click here.
- Thursday, February 14th – Arrow films in the 1800 block Franklin Street and inside the Terminal City Ironworks complex in east Vancouver.
- Thursday, February 14th – Supernatural films inside the Ivanhoe Hotel and outside on Station Street.
- Thursday, February 14th – Motive films in North Vancouver near Marine Way & Capilano.
- Thursday, February 14th – Continuum creator Simon Barry nominated for Writers Guild of Canada Screenwriter Award. Also on cover of Screenwriter magazine.
- Thursday, February 14th – Continuum films on Kellogg’s yacht, inside the police station set and in the trees next to Edgewater Casino.
- Wednesday, February 13th – A polar bear on Arctic Air 2×6. And she’s big and cranky. Read More »WEEK: February 11-17, 2013
UPDATED June 30, 2013 From famine to feast. B.C.’s film and TV production industry is bouncing back from a dismal start to the new year.… Read More »Famine to Feast: GODZILLA, DAWN OF THE PLANET OF THE APES & American TV Pilots – Updated