Fan Matthew Nagra got a rare photo with Stephen Amell in costume as the green-leathered hero Arrow outside New Westminster’s Paramount Gentleman’s Club on Tuesday.… Read More »SHOOT: ARROW Season 3 with Stephen Amell in New Westminster
[sz-youtube url=”http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIu85WQTPRc&feature=youtu.be” /] Godzilla’s new trailer features the big scene of Aaron Taylor-Johnson and Bryan Cranston inspecting a nuclear quarantine zone on New Westminster’s Front… Read More »TRAILER: Official Trailer for GODZILLA in Theatres this May 16th
Does the 3D Godzilla movie reboot reflect the real world event of Japan’s 2011 earthquake/tsunami and the resulting nuclear crisis at some of the country’s older nuclear power plants? Is that the “contemporary issue” screenwriter Frank Darabont spoke of? It would seem so. “6.3 Earthquake Rocks Eastern Japan” said the news crawl on set screens at the Vancouver Convention Centre dressed as the Honolulu airport at the start of filming here in mid-March.
Janjira appears to be the fictional nuclear power plant in this modern-day re-imagining of the radioactive Japanese sea monster as a “terrifying force of nature”.
Godzilla used an abandoned Coquitlam paper recycling plant on the Fraser River to film a couple of weeks of scenes of the Janjira nuclear power station at risk of meltdown with radioactive leaks. Is this what wakes Godzilla (plural) from their slumber?
Since Coquitlam, the Janjira plant has been played by an industrial building on Annacis Island and its offices by Nokia in Burnaby’s Glenlyon Business Park. Godzilla also used Steveston’s Japanese Cultural Centre to double as the Janjira International School Read More »SHOOT: GODZILLA’s Japanese Nuclear Power Plant & its Quarantine Zone (in New Westminster)
- Sunday, June 23rd – The Killing 3×05 Scared and Running airs on AMC: Bullet (Bex Taylor Klaus) works with Sarah Linden (Mireille Enos) and Stephen Holder (Joel Kinnaman) to find girl on the run before killer does; Seward (Peter Sarsgaard) isn’t happy to see his son’s adoptive mother.
- Sunday, June 23rd – Falling Skies 3×04 At All Costs airs on TNT. President meets President.
- Sunday, June 23rd – Godzilla‘s main unit films in Vancouver’s Business District for second day on Everleigh Street off Thurlow and then the 1000 block of West Hastings (Oceanic Plaza) dressed as San Francisco BART station. Elizabeth Olsen on set under rain tower again but this time in action scene. 2nd unit films returns to debris-strewn Thurlow Street overnight but no controlled jump from crane this time.
- Sunday, June 23rd – YVRShoots Series – The Killing’s Mireille Enos & Joel Kinnaman Investigate Street Kid Deaths in S3
- Saturday/Sunday, June 22nd/23rd – Godzilla‘s second unit films massive SPFX explosions overnight at Watchmen’s Main Street set in Burnaby dressed as San Francisco’s Chinatown. Explosions much bigger than expected. Click on link for photo.
- Saturday, June 22nd – Godzilla‘s main unit films in Vancouver’s Busines District on Everleigh Street off Thurlow and then the 1000 block of West Hastings (Oceanic Plaza) dressed as a San Francisco BART station. Elizabeth Olsen gets drenched by rain tower.
- Saturday, June 22nd – Canada’s Constellation Awards in Toronto: Vancouver-cop-from-the-future series Continuum wins best sci-fi series and best female performance for Rachel Nichols and Vancouver-dinosaurs-run-amok series Primeval: New World wins best male performance for Niall Matter. Complete list of winners.
- Saturday, June 22nd – Primeval: New World 1×03 airs on Syfy in the U.S.
- Friday, June 21st – Continuum 2×03 airs on Syfy in the U.S. Drugs from the future and old- fashioned biker gangs.
- Friday, June 21st – Almost Human, Bates Motel, Once Upon a Time in Wonderland and Supernatural filming start dates appear on BC production list. Summer start dates in Vancouver for these American 2013-14 season series plus Arrow, Once Upon a Time and The Tomorrow People announced earlier.
- Friday, June 21st – New YTV teen sitcom Some Assembly Required gets start date of July 21st on BC production list.
- Friday, June 21st – Warner Bros. TV announces Arrow’s Stephen Amell; Supernatural’s Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles and Misha Collins; Almost Human’s Karl Urban (Star Trek) and Michael Ealy; The 100’s Henry Ian Cusick (Lost); The Tomorrow People‘s Robbie Amell and showrunners will be at ComicCon 2013 in San Diego, July 17th to 21st.
- Friday, June 21st – Movie World War Z in theatres, featuring The Killing‘s Mireille Enos as Brad Pitt’s wife.
- Friday, June 21st – The Killing films season 3 finale at a house near Queens Park in New Westminster. Mireille Enos, Joel Kinnaman & Elias Koteas on set.
- Friday, June 21st – The Province’s Alex Strachan interviews Hugh Dillon of The Killing and Continuum.
- Thursday, June 20th – ABC Studios announces Once Upon a Time and Once Upon a Time in Wonderland casts and showrunners will be at ComicCon 2013 in San Diego on Saturday, July 20th. Read More »WEEK: June 17-23, 2013
How spooky is this? One week after this throwback to The Exorcist wrapped in 2011 all of the props, including the prop antique wooden box which… Read More »PREMIERE: Don’t Mock the Box. Jeffrey Dean Morgan & Natasha Calis Film THE POSSESSION