- Sunday, February 3rd – The Murder is Just the Beginning. An unprecedented ad campaign for Vancouver crime drama Motive, starring Kristin Lehman and Louis Ferreira, ahead of its debut on CTV after the Superbowl. My post for Vancouver is Awesome.
- Friday, February 1st- Supernatural films for a second afternoon and evening in Queensborough on Duncan Street at a riverfront industrial property.
- Friday, February 1st – Vancouver’s cop-from-the corporate-future series Continuum films in Squamish.
- Friday, February 1st – EW’s Inside TV gets First Look at creepy new Bates Motel poster & Motherly Love teaser featuring Bates mother-and-son Vera Farigma and Freddie Highmore. Series debuts March 18th on A&E.
- Thursday, January 31st – Supernatural films in Queensborough on Duncan Street at a riverfront industrial property. Impala spotted on set.
- Thursday, January 31st – Bates Motel films on its motel/house set in Aldergrove for fourth day.
- Wednesday, January 30th – CBC airs Arctic Air 2×04, with lots of hookups, including one — Bobby & Krista — I didn’t expect to see so early in the season.
- Wednesday, January 30th – The CW airs Supernatural 1×12 As Time Goes By about time-travelling Grandpa Winchester and a demon played by Alaina Huffman filmed partly in a Gastown alley off Cambie and the Cambie Pub.
- Wednesday, January 30th – The CW airs Arrow 1×12 Vertigo featuring Seth Gabel as “The Count” with key scenes filmed on the Front Street Parkade in New Westminster.
- Wednesday, January 30th – ABC picks up Vancouver crime drama Motive to air this summer.
- Wednesday, January 30th – Once Upon a Time films high speed car chase with Jamie Dornan and Lana Parrilla in Steveston. After his Storybrooke flashbacks, Sheriff Graham posed for photos with some lucky fans.
- Wednesday, January 30th – Bates Motel films on its motel/house set in Aldergrove for thirdRead More »WEEK: January 28 – February 3, 2013
Meet Sam & Dean Winchester’s paternal grandfather Henry. He looks pretty damn young to be a grandfather but that’s because he’s travelled forward in time from 1958 to get help from his son John to stop a demon Abbadon. Instead he meets his demon-hunting grandsons.
Henry (Gil McKinney), while an important part of the family mythology, is someone Sam (Jared Padalecki) and Dean (Jensen Ackles) knew nothing about. Until now. Through him they will learn about the life and legacy of the Winchesters as they hunt the demon Read More »PROMOS: SUPERNATURAL 8×12 As Time Goes By Promo Images & Video of Grandpa Winchester
- Sunday, January 20th – The Giant is Back. Once Upon a Time promo for 2×13 Tiny & my photos of Jorge Garcia as the Giant in Steveston. Airs in three weeks on February 10th.
- Sunday, January 20th – Once Upon a Time airs 2×12 In the Name of the Brother featuring black-and-white Frankenstein flashbacks and the present-day problem of an outsider in Storybrooke
- Friday, January 18th – Fringe‘s stunning 2-hour series finale. 5×12 Liberty features Broyles (in Harbour Green Park) telling Fringe team that boy being held in detention at Liberty Island; Olivia suggesting she bypass security by crossing over to alt-universe Liberty Island; Walter hauling out cracked Window into Another World to see what Liberty Island (in Coal Harbour) looks like in alt-universe 2036; Olivia getting painful injections of cortexiphan and then crossing over & getting unfriendly welcome at Fringe Division HQ (Vancouver Public Library); Fauxlivia getting call about Olivia while out to dinner (at Rice ‘N Spice) with her husband Lincoln Lee; and Olivia & Fauxlivia bringing the boy back from Liberty Island to Battery Park (Coal Harbour) where Olivia & boy will cross back over. 5×13 features Broyles captured (under Cambie Bridge) by Observers & Loyalist soliders; an explosive battle against Windmark & Co. (on Port Metro Vancouver land) and final scenes at a POlivia house (in Burnaby) all directed by Fringe showrunner Joel Wyman.
- Friday, January 18th – Once Upon a Time films more of big fight inside Mr. Gold’s in Steveston.
- Friday, January 18th – Vancouver detective series Motive films near Granville and King Edward.
- Friday, Janary 18th – Commercial films at Broadway Plaza.
- Thursday, January 17th – Once Upon a Time films on its floating pirate ship set at Britannia Heritage Shipyard Park and inside Mr. Gold’s in Steveston.
- Thursday, January 17th – TVLine gets Sneak Peek at The CW promo images of Supernatural 1×12 As Time Goes By featuring Gil McKinney as Sam & Dean’s paternal grandfather Henry
- Thursday, January 17th – TVLine gets First Look at The CW promo images of Arrow 1×12 Vertigo featuring Seth Gabel as “The Count”, a nefarious drug dealerRead More »WEEK: January 14-20, 2013
Tonight a light high on a hoist above Cambie Street in Gastown lit up the alley that runs diagonally to West Cordova where two 1950s era vehicles were parked. Add smoke machines and a strobe light to simulate lightning and it looks like we have the setting for a Cary Grant-style cult member named Henry to travel from 1958 to 2013 when episode 8×12 — As Time Goes By — will air. Supernatural crew added the Arlene’s Golden Comb beauty salon neon sign to the alley for the night shoot.
Debonair and charming, Henry is said to be a rookie member of an anti-demonic cult who hurtles through the time portal, followed by a Katherine Hepburn-style dame named Josie Sands. I didn’t see who was cast in either of these roles tonight. [SPOILER UPDATE: HuffPost TV reports that Gil McKinney is Henry who happens to be Sam and Dean’s grandfather on their father John’s side. And Alaina Huffman was spotted in Vancouver for her role as the demon Abbadon in the body of Josie Sands.]
But the Impala was parked in the same alley this morning for the day shoot, implying Jared Padalecki’s Sam and Jensen Ackles’s Dean Winchester were two of the three actors talking while standing by the same large door our time traveller entered in the night shoot. Unfortunately this scene was hidden behind scrims.
In between the morning and night shoots in the alley, Supernatural filmed inside The Cambie Pub on the corner.