Vancouver-shot pilots have dominated San Diego Comic-Con’s Preview Night for years, largely because Warner Bros. Television has such a big presence here. 2013 is no exception with pilots Almost Human and The 100 and the New York-shot pilot The Tomorrow People — which has shifted production to Vancouver — all to be screened in Ballroom 20 on Wednesday night, July 17th.
Almost Human — Part-robot human Detective John Kennex and part-human robot Dorian are a buddy cop duo in future Los Angeles, where all cops must partner with androids known as synthetics. The pilot was filmed all over in Vancouver this past March in some familiar Fringe locations. It stars Karl Urban (John Kennex), Michael Ealy (Dorian), Minka Kelly, Mackenzie Crook, Michael Irby and Lili Taylor and is produced by uber-producer J.J. Abrams, Fringe showrunner J.H. Wyman and others. And if you miss the Wednesday night screening, you can catch the pilot at the Almost Human panel on Friday, July 19th, followed by a Q&A with cast and showrunners. The series begins filming in Vancouver after Comic-Con and FOX plans to debut it on Monday nights after the World Series, starting November 4th.
Panel: Friday, July 19th – 4:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. in Ballroom 20.
The 100— A nuclear apocalypse kills humanity on Earth but fortunately not everyone is on the ground. Twelve space stations are in orbit and come together to form the Ark. Read More »COMIC-CON SKED: Sneak Peeks of Pilots & Panels for ALMOST HUMAN, THE 100 & THE TOMORROW PEOPLE
- Sunday, June 30th – The Killing 3×06 Eminent Domain airs on AMC – Linden (Mireille Enos) & Holder (Joel Kinnaman) talk to the victim who got away; Seward (Peter Sarsgaard) faces his past; Bullet (Bex Taylor Klaus) struggles with the truth while in “The Jungle”.
- Sunday, June 30th – Falling Skies 3×05 Search and Recover airs on TNT – Frenemies Tom (Noah Wyle) & Pope (Colin Cunningham) on their own in fight against Skitters.
- Saturday, June 29th – Primeval: New World 1×04 airs on Syfy in the U.S.: B.C. Bud, Leggy & guest star Patrick Gilmore.
- Saturday, June 29th – Stunt Team for The Tomorrow People with Robbie Amell (same Stunt Team as Arrow with Stephen Amell) has first concept meeting ahead of the start of filming on July 17th. #AmellWednesdays
- Saturday, June 29th – Final day (June 27-29) of AFCI Locations Show in Los Angeles where the Hollywood Reporter says more than 100 film commissions from around the world go to lure American productions to their cities using beautiful locations and tax incentives as bait.
- Friday, June 28th – Continuum 2×04 airs on Syfy in the U.S. Who’s wearing the other super suit? Guest star Patrick Gilmore.
- Friday, June 28th – The CW airs Cult final episodes 1×08 and 1×09, starring Matt Davis, in a two-hour block.
- Friday, June 28th – Psych films inside CBC Vancouver in the afternoon and evening.
- Friday, June 28th – Psych’s season 8 of filming in Vancouver extended to August 23rd via BC production list.
- Friday, June 28th – Arrow stunt team has its first concept meeting for season 2 ahead of the start of filming on July 10th.
- Friday, June 28th – EW reports that Once Upon a Time in Wonderland will be more than 13 episodes but less than 22 as showrunners plot a season-long arc with a beginning, middle and end. And if that works there’ll be a second season-long arc. Filming starts July 31st.
- Friday, June 28th – Bates Motel showrunner Carlton Cuse tweets that Season 1 Blu-ray and DVD will be available September 17th. Filming of second season here starts July 24th.
- Friday, June 28th – Deadline NY reports Terence Stamp joining the Tim Burton movie Big Eyes, starring Amy Adams and Christoph Waltz as the painter Margaret Keane and her husband Walter. Filming begins July 8th.
- Friday, June 28th – Hollywood Reporter article on new Canadian indie film about Eadweard Muybridge. which starts filming next week in Vancouver, with a stellar BC Film cast led by Michael Eklund, Sara Canning, Jodi Balfour, Ian Tracey, Christopher Heyerdahl and Torrance Combs. Directed by Kyle Rideout and produced by Josh Epstein.
- Thursday, June 27th – Vancouver whydunnit Motive 1×04 Against All Odds airs on ABC in the U.S. with guest star Peter New.
- Thursday, June 27th – Psych has night shoot inside CBC Vancouver.
- Thursday, June 27th – King & Maxwell films at Belkin House downtown.
- Thursday, June 27th – U.S. Military vs Godzilla moves on from Vancouver Area & Vancouver Island as main unit wraps a three-month-plus shoot here.
- Thursday, June 27th – IGN interview with Almost Human showrunner J.H. Wyman reveals the new sci-fi series’ Vancouver crew is the same, to a person, as former Fringe crew. Read More »WEEK: June 24-30, 2013