CBS teases its new Justin Hartley drama Tracker during March Madness this month. Adapted from Jeffrey Deaver’s thriller The Never Game, the new series filmed its pilot in Vancouver last Fall and is expected to go into production this summer.
This is Us star Justin Hartley returns to Vancouver, where he spent several seasons as Smallville’s Green Arrow, to shoot CBS pilot The Never Game this Fall
- Sunday, February 10th – Once Upon a Time 2×13 Tiny airs with Jorge Garcia’s Anton the Giant held captive on Hook’s pirate ship and then rampaging through Storybrooke. Plus we learn Charming’s real name.
- Sunday, February 10th – Motive 1×2 airs on CTV with scenes of Kristin Lehman filmed in the Olympic Village.
- Sunday, February 10th – Battlestar Galactica prequel pilot Blood and Chrome starring Ben Cotton finally airs on Syfy. #ThereWillBeCylons.
- Saturday, February 9th – New survey says 3 out of 4 British Columbians strongly support government tax incentives to help the BC film & TV production industry. Global TV report #SaveBCFilm
- Saturday, February 9th – Vancouver-filmed hunting-accident-gone-wrong A Single Shot with Sam Rockwell debuts at Berlin International Film Festival
- Friday, February 8th – New York Times paid a set visit to Continuum in Squamish last week and came away impressed with Vancouver’s cop from the future series.
- Friday, February 8th – Deadline Hollywood confirms Chin Han (The Dark Knight) cast on Arrow as Frank Chen, an old friend of the Queen family and part of the nefarious group The Undertaking. This is the mysterious Asian man spotted at the Westin Bayshore Hotel shoot.
- Friday, February 8th – CW pilot The Hundred–100 juvenile delinquents sent back to Earth after nuclear war–appears on BC Production List. To film from March 14th to April 4th.
- Friday, February 8th – Once Upon a Time films in Lynn Canyon Park in North Vancouver.
- Friday, February 8th – TV Line reports Max Fowler (The Hour) cast as Twitch on season 3 of The Killing
- Thursday, February 7th – Once Upon a Time turns Gastown into Manhattan again to film scenes for 2×18 Selfless, Brave and True.
- Thursday, February 7th – Mayor Gregor Robertson talks #SaveBCFilm on Breakfast Television.
- Thursday, February 7th – Once Upon a Time films in Lynn Canyon Park in North Vancouver.
- Wednesday, February 6th – Psycho prequel Bates Motel with Freddie Highmore & Vera Farmiga wraps filming of its first season in Vancouver.
- Wednesday, February 6th – Arctic Air 2×5 has big fight scenes filmed in Langley Airport hangar with former amateur boxer Aleks Paunovic in the ring. Read More »WEEK: February 4-10, 2013
It looks like Emily (Mamie Gummer) will make a choice between Will (Justin Hartley) and Micah (Michael Rady) in the series finale tomorrow night. Fans… Read More »PROMOS: EMILY OWENS M.D. Series Finale Preview — Will or Micah?
- Friday, January 25th – Continuum films scenes of Victor Webster at Vanier Park near Burrard Bridge and of Rachel Nichols in her black hi-tech cat suit doing a stunt kick at a night shoot with rain towers at the CBC Vancouver parking garage Later a green skin-suited double performs more stunts.
- Friday, January 25th – Vancouver sitcom Package Deal wraps taping of its first season in front of live studio audience in Burnaby, starring Randal Edwards, Julia Voth, Harland Williams and Jay Malone.
- Friday, January 25th – FOX orders JJ Abrams/Joel Wyman robot cops pilot, which could be filmed in Vancouver this March with former Fringe crew.
- Friday, January 25th – TVLine gets scoop of John Pyper-Ferguson casting as widower on Once Upon a Time.
- Thursday, January 24th – EW magazine gets First Look at Cult‘s creepy-cool key art, featuring Matt Davis, Jessica Lucas, Alona Tal and Robert Knepper
- Thursday, January 24th – TVLine gets First Look at Once Upon a Time‘s “Jack” of Beanstalk Fame.
- Thursday, January 24th – Supernatural films for 3rd & final day at Vancouver westside warehouse on 4th & Alberta. All inside.
- Thursday, January 24th – The CW releases an extended promo of Seth Gabel as “The Count” for Arrow 1×12 Vertigo
- Wednesday, January 23rd – Filmed-in-Vancouver-and-Yellowknife Arctic Air airs 2×3 Open Season, featuring the return of Nelson.
- Wednesday, January 23rd – Supernatural airs 8×11 LARP and the Real Girl with Sam & Dean in facepaint & cosplay in Coquitlam’s Mundy Park.
- Wednesday, January 23rd – Arrow airs 1×11 Trust and Verify guest-starring Ben Browder with key scenes filmedRead More »WEEK: January 21-27, 2013
- Sunday, November 18th – Once Upon a Time pre-empted by American Music Awards. New episode 2×08, Into the Deep, airs next Sunday.
- Sunday, November 18th – The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn 2 boasts a US$349 million global opening weekend via Deadline.com.
- Saturday, November 17th – Bates Motel films at the HI Vancouver Jericho Beach Hostel.
- Friday, November 16th – Red Widow wraps filming of its first order of eight episodes set to premiere early next year on ABC.
- Friday, November 16h – On Fringe‘s ep. 5×07 Joshua Jackson’s Peter tracks Observer lieutenants on Hastings West and Blair Brown returns as silver-haired Nina Sharp in her wheelchair filmed on the Olympic Village seawall.
- Friday, November 16th – Fringe films pickup scenes with the panelled blue mini-van in Chinatown.
- Friday, November 16th – Battlestar Galactica prequel Blood and Chrome with Ben Cotton – third & fourth webisodes online.
- Friday, November 16th – Mr. Cranky Pants lives. CBC releases season two teaser for Yellowknife and Vancouver-filmed Arctic Air which moves to Wednesday nights in its second season next year.
- Thursday, November 15 – Midnight screenings of blockbuster The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn 2. which was filmed in Vancouver, Squamish and Whistler.
- Thusrday, November 15th – Arrow films police chase & shootout featuring Seth Gabel as season one’s big bad Vertigo on the second level of the Front Street parkade in New Westminster.
- Thursday, November 15th – Sitcom Package Deal films its fourth episode in front of a live studio audience in Burnaby.
- Thursday, November 15th – Bates Motel films on its permanent motel and Bates house set in Aldergrove, a replica of the Alfred Hitchcock set from his classic horror film Psycho.
- Thursday, November 15th – Vancouver detective series Motive films out in Aldergrove.
- Thusrday, November 15th – Red Widow films near Victory Square.
- Wednesday, November 14th – Misha Collins’s Castiel returns on Supernatural 8×07 & meets with Amanada Tapping (Stargate/Sanctuary)’s angel Naomi. Watch your back Cas.
- Wednesday, November 14th – The Royal Flush Gang robs Starling Trust Bank on Arrow‘s ep. 1×06 filmed in the Read More »WEEK: November 12-18, 2012
Tonight on hospital dramedy Emily Owens M.D., Emily (Mamie Gummer) vies with her high-school nemesis Cassandra (Naomi King’) to be Dr. Bandari’s research assistant and to stop Cassandra from getting more time with Emily’s crush Will (Justin Hartley) in episode four. But will it work? Cassandra will do anything in her pursuit of Will and seems to be succeeding, as we see from a scene for upcoming episode eleven filmed last week at the University of British Columbia’s Life Sciences Centre dressed as Denver Memorial Hospital.
Emily Owens M.D. crew filmed a tracking shot last Thursday of Emily and her friend Tyra (Kelly McCreary), the lesbian daughter of the chief of surgery, standing in line at the prop Get Your Fix coffee cart as background performers carried floral arrangements from the prop Kiss and a Rose flower company van into the Life Sciences Centre, where other crew was setting up a gala set in the atrium. Emily and Tyra are joined in line by Cassandara and Will, also carrying garment bags. So of the main cast, I got a chance to see everyone on location but surgical resident Dr. Mica Barnes (Michael Rady) and rock star surgeon Dr. Gina Bandari (Necar Zadegan). If I’d stayed for the night shoot inside the atrium of the Life Sciences Centre, I might have seen the cast all dressed up to film the hospital gala scenes but hopefully will get the chance to see it on screen.
- Sunday, November 11th – Once Upon a Time‘s Red Riding Hood/Ruby-centric episode 2×07 Child of the Moon.
- Sunday, November 11th – Glen Schaefer (The Province)’s feature on Brent Butt’s big movie No Clue — No Bogart in this Joint
- Friday, November 9th – Fringe reveals the child Observer whom Walter hid in a pocket universe in the sixth episode of the final season, Through the Looking Glass and What Walter Found.
- Friday, November 9th – Red Widow films on the North Vancouver waterfront.
- Friday, November 9th – Bates Motel films in Fort Langley.
- Friday, November 9th – Battlestar Galactica prequel Blood and Chrome with Ben Cotton debuts first and second webisodes
- Thursday, November 8th – Sitcom Package Deal tapes its pilot in front of live studio audience in Burnaby.
- Thursday, November 8th – Brent Butt’s No Clue films in Coal Harbour on a yacht with a follow boat and a technocrane photographed by Rusty Deluce.
- Thrusday, November 8th – Emily Owens M.D.’s Mamie Gummer & Justin Hartley film at UBC’s Life Sciences Centre,
- Thursday, November 8th – Fringe films episode eleven on the platform for the West Coast Express at the Waterfront station with Loyalist soldiers, Peter, Olivia, Walter and the child Observer.
- Thursday, November 8th – News of AMC and Netflix nearing deal for surprise third season of The Killing via Deadline.com.
- Thursday, November 8th – News of Twilight fans already lining up for Monday’s Los Angeles premiere of The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn 2 Read More »WEEK: November 5-11, 2012
Mamie Gummer’s Emily Owens, her crush, Justin Hartley’s Will Collins and her nemesis Naomi King’s Cassandra Kopelson filmed scenes for the tenth episode outside UBC’s… Read More »SHOOT: Mamie Gummer & Justin Hartley Film EMILY OWENS M.D. at the University of British Columbia