Family Law season 3, with Jewel Staite, starts filming in Vancouver this summer. Filming will wrap this August.
The Murder is Just the Beginning. It’s no surprise that CTV ordered a third season of Motive this week. The hit procedural-with-a-twist is unusual for… Read More »RENEWED: CTV Orders Third Season of Vancouver Whydunit MOTIVE
Vancouver whydunit Motive’s season 2 cast: Lauren Holly, Warren Christie, Kristin Lehman, Louis Ferreira, Brendan Penny and Valerie Tian. Cast @kristinlehman1, @TheLuigi_F, @LaurenHolly, @BrendanJPenny and… Read More »PREMIERE: MOTIVE Season 2 Debuts Tonight on CTV
Vancouver’s own crime drama Motive is set for its season two Canadian premiere on CTV on Thursday, March 6th. The hit procedural-with-a-twist is unusual for… Read More »SEASON PREMIERE: MOTIVE S2 with Kristin Lehman & Louis Ferreira Debuts March 6th on CTV
Ahead of a new episode of hit Vancouver crime drama Motive on CTV tonight, here’s Lauren Holly (NCIS) as lead medical examiner Dr. Betty Rogers on set for last week’s Out of the Past at the Ash Market downtown. I didn’t know she was in the cast then or that I’d photographed her in an egg blue rain slicker in the October rain on my way to the Vancouver Film Festival.
Dr. Betty Rogers determines that the killer slashed shop owner Hank Cousineau’s throat when he was sitting in a chair at the back of his news shop and then watched as the victim bled to death. A particularlyunpleasant killer.
- Sunday, March 24th – Red Widow 1×05 The Recorder airs, starring Radha Mitchell & Goran Visnijic. Marta wears a wire.
- Sunday, March 24th – Once Upon a Time 2×18 Selfless, Brave and True about the return of August airs. Eion Bailey & Michael Raymond-James film Manhattan flashbacks in Gastown for it. And there were later scenes filmed in Fort Langley of wooden August turned back into live boy Pinocchio by magic
- Sunday, March 24th – Joel Wyman’s FOX pilot Human films downtown in the Business District with Karl Urban & Minka Kelly on set as futuristic L.A. police officers.
- Saturday, March 23rd – Joel Wyman’s FOX pilot Human films an armoured vehicle heist downtown in the Business District.
- Friday, March 22nd – Feature film Words and Pictures with Clive Owen & Juliette Binoche wraps a week of filming (Monday to Friday) at St. George’s school in Vancouver.
- Friday, March 22nd – Vancouver cop from the future series Continuum wraps a week (Monday to Friday) of filming inside and outside of CBC Vancouver.
- Friday, March 22nd – Supernatural films at the Ridge Theatre/Bowling Alley with Mark Shepherd & Misha Collins spotted going into set.
- Friday, March 22nd – Japanese monster reboot Godzilla films in south Nanaimo. Morning shoot of WRail locomotive with USAF missiles and military extras on railroad tracks. And an afternoon shoot in front of a bigger crowd of a burnt out vehicle and downed helicopter in flames and military extras running to the scene.
- Friday, March 22nd – Casting call for Asian Men in Vancouver including some with military experience for Godzilla from March to June on Craigslist.
- Friday, March 22nd – CBS pilot Backstrom starring Rainn Wilson, Mamie Gummer, Dennis Haysbert & Kristoffer Pohala gets revised filming dates of March 26th to April 12th
Read More »WEEK: March 18-24, 2013
The murder is just the beginning. There’s always a motive and Vancouver homicide detective Angie Flynn (Kristin Lehman) will find it. Filming wrapped last Friday on Motive’s thirteen-episode first season.
Motive debuted in a prime but delayed post-Super Bowl slot on CTV to 1.23 million Canadians, the culmination of an unprecedented publicity campaign by CTV for a Canadian show. Normally, only CTV’s American simulcast shows get this scale of rollout. And in a sweet twist, American network ABC has picked up the Vancouver crime drama for broadcast this summer.
Ratings held steady after Motive’s move to its regular 9 p.m. on Sundays slot, dipping for the second episode but rising back over one million for the third episode, to give Canada’s #1 new drama a series-to-date average of 1.06 million viewers.
Instead of a regular whodunit that focuses on who did the crime, Motive is a whydunit that focuses on why the crime was committed in the first place. The Killer and The Victim are revealed to the audience at the top of the show and we follow detectives Angie Flynn (Kristin Lehman) and Oscar Vega (Louis Ferreria) as they uncover the reasons behind the murder.