- Sunday, March 31st – Red Widow,1×06 The Captive. Irwin tries to comfort his Dad’s young girlfriend outside Lana Lou’s restaurant in the Downtown Eastside. It won’t end well. And after Marta’s daughter Natalie goes missing, Marta, her eldest son Gabriel and her youngest son Boris go searching for Natalie at the Terminal City Ironworks complex.
- Sunday, March 31st – Feature film Hector & the Search for Happiness films scenes of Simon Pegg, Toni Collette & Christopher Plummer in the Life Sciences Centre at UBC with volunteer extras in lecture hall from 1 pm to 7 pm.
- Sunday, March 31st – Josh Holloway, Marg Helgenberger and Meghan Ory film CBS pilot Intelligence on Easter Sunday. Helgenberger’s photo with Holloway.
- Sunday, March 31st – Arrow panel at WonderCon with sunburned Stephen Amell (The Red Arrow), Colin Donnell, Willa Holland & Paul Blackthorne
- Saturday, March 30th – CBS pilot Backstrom turns Marine building downtown into Portland Police station and soaks star Rainn Wilson with a huge rain tower.
- Saturday, March 30th – Feature film Hector & the Search for Happiness with Simon Pegg, Christopher Plummer & Toni Collette starts filming.
- Saturday, March 30th – Falling Skies panel with Drew Roy, Sarah Carter and others at WonderCon in Anaheim.
- Friday, March 29th – Tomorrowland starring George Clooney & Hugh Laurie appears on BC production list with rough filming schedule of Aug 2013 -Jan 2014
- Friday, March 29th – OnceWonderland presentation (not quite a pilot) appears on BC production list with filming dates of April 8 to 12th.
- Friday, March 29th – AMC announces 2-hour premiere on June 2nd of third season of The Killing with Mireille Enos & Joel Kinnaman.
- Friday, March 29th – Cult 1×06 airs on The CW. Sky (Jessica Lucas)e is in a coma treated by a doctor (Geoff Gustafson)..EJ (Stacey Farber) tries to track down the drug dealer filmed at Victory Square.
- Thursday, March 28th – Vancouver whydunit Motive airs 1×08 about young man beaten & suffocated.
- Thursday, March 28th – Once Upon a Time films its season finale inside the cannery in Steveston with Captain Hook and stunt double spotted on set and then two beach scenes in Garry Point Park — the last one of the Lost Boys in Neverland.
- Thursday, March 28th – Movie Words & Pictures with Clive Owen & Juliette Binoche wraps a second week (Monday to Thursday) of filming inside St. George’s school.
- Thursday, March 28th – Supernatural films at Boston Pizza on Marine Way in Burnaby.
- Thursday, March 28th – NBC pilot I am Victor wraps filming in Vancouver with a final day of filming in Yaletown of ground floor scenes of the L.A. law firm of John Stamos’s divorce attorney.
- Thursday, March 28th – FOX Pilot Human with Karl Urban & Michael Ealy films on Annacis Island.
- Thursday, March 28th – Rainn Wilson & Dennis Haysbert film CBS pilot Backstrom in a downtown alley off Cambie.
- Thursday, March 28th – Syfy sets premiere date of June 8th for first season of Primeval: New World Read More »WEEK: March 25-31, 2013
Published February 10, 2011 on Vancouver is Awesome
Supernatural`s vociferous fan base is both a blessing and a curse. Jensen Ackles and Jared Padalecki share a bodyguard named Clif who helps keep the fans at bay and block photographers` shots of the actors (recently Clif took to wearing a panda toque which is now featuring in many photos). And when filming at urban locales, producers often structure scenes so that only one lead is visible at a time (in very short exterior scenes) and even then, is often standing with his back to the fans and their cameras.
So I was surprised this week to be tipped that “Jensen and Jared” would be filming many outdoor scenes for episode 6.18 near lower Lonsdale in North Vancouver. And it turned out to be true. Some fans standing near the pair`s parked “star car” on West 1st Street even snagged photos of themselves with Jensen Ackles. Both actors remained on the open street during takes and seemed remarkably loose on location: entertaining the crew with stories, perhaps of their much talked-about Superbowl party with their TV father Jeffrey Dean Morgan at the Red Card Sports Bar last Sunday.
If you’ve watched any of the series’ six seasons then you`ll know that most Supernatural scenes take place at night with a spooky fog swirling about. The first night shoot I photographed last September proved to be classic Supernatural: from half a block away through dense smoke on Hamilton Street I captured Padalecki’s Sam pretending to chop off a vampire’s head with a huge knife in several extremely grainy photos. Crew had transformed an old bank building nearby into a Vampire Nest Read More »BIG READ: SUPERNATURAL’s Jared and Jensen Let Loose on Lonsdale