Published May 16, 2013 on Vancouver is Awesome Update: The Tomorrow People, which shot its pilot in New York City, moves production here to film… Read More »TV PILOTS: Shows ONCE UPON A TIME IN WONDERLAND, ALMOST HUMAN, INTELLIGENCE & THE 100
- Sunday, May 12th – Once Upon a Time season two finale. Hook (Colin O’Donoghue) rescues young Baelfire from the water in Neverland. Back in Storybrooke, Rumple (Robert Carlyle) and Henry (Jared Gilmore) learn from the Charmings (Ginnifer Goodwin, Jennifer Morrison & Josh Dallas) in the Kuno Garden that grownup Baelfire/Neal (Michael Raymond-James) is lost. Greg (Ethan Embry) and Tamara (Sonequa Martin-Green) activate the trigger in the curse. Hook sails away from Storybrooke on his ship after stealing a magic bean. Back in Neverland, Hook gives Baelfire to the Lost Boys. In Storybrooke, the Charmings and Regina (Lana Parrilla) stop the trigger but Henry is captured. They rush to the docks in time to see him taken through a portal to Neverland. Hook comes back with the Jolly Roger and magic bean and they set off through a portal too to rescue Henry. Meanwhile, the Lost Boys row young Baelfire ashore but let him live because he’s not the right boy. Who is? Turns out Peter Pan wants Henry. Oh and grownup Baelfire/Neal is alive.
- Sunday, May 12th – Vancouver-cop-from-the-future series Continuum 2×04 Kiera (Rachel Nichols) races to track down what she thinks is another time traveler and finds her but that’s not who’s wearing a high-tech suit from the future. SGU’s Patrick Gilmore is but as a costume.
- Sunday, May 12th – Leo Award Nominations: Film Becoming Redwood with 14 & TV series Continuum with 16 top the nominations. Arctic Air picks up 14; Arrow, 8 and Primeval: New World, 6.
- Sunday, May 12th – Movie Robocop fims inside the Vancouver Convention Centre dressed as OmniCorp. and has night shoot in alley off Victory Square downtown.
- Saturday, May 11th – Movie Robocop films inside the Vancouver Convention Centre dressed as OmniCorp in night shoot.
- Friday, May 10th – Joel Kinnaman as Robocop on his motorcycle near Olympic Cauldron at Vancouver Convention Centre dressed as OmniCorp in night shoot.
- Friday, May 10th – Bates Motel evening at Paley Center — Reimagining a Cinema Icon – with cast Vera Farmiga, Freddie Highmore, Max Thieriot, Nestor Carbonell, Nicola Peltz and showrunners Carlton Cuse and Kerry Ehrin.
- Friday, May 10th – Aaron Taylor-Johnson & Elizabeth Olsen film Godzilla in Massey Heights house in New Westminster.
- Friday, May 10th – The Killing films on Terminal Avenue and Station Street near Pacific Central Station.
- Friday, May 10th – Psych films on private property between Whiterock and Crescent Beach.
- Friday, May 10th – ABC orders Once Upon a Time in Wonderland to series with John Lithgow now voicing the White Rabbit but passes on pilot Big Thunder and Read More »WEEK: May 6-12, 2013
Update May 10, 2013 – ABC cancelled this limited series so last Sunday’s season finale is the series ender.
So it wasn’t Nicholae Schiller (Goran Visnjic) who made Marta Walraven (Radha Mitchell) a Red Widow by killing her husband. It was her cold, cruel, ruthless father who couldn’t stand the idea of losing his grandkids. But the grandkids don’t know that yet. And so young Natalie (Erin Moriarity) pulls a gun on Schiller as he’s leaving his office, filmed at the Guiness Tower in Vancouver’s Business District, in what turns out to be the final scene of the season finale.
What happens next? That depends on whether this limited series is renewed or not.
- Sunday, April 28th – Vancouver cop-from-the -future series Continuum 2×02 airs on Showcase. Some of it filmed in Squamish with Rachel Nichols in a big helicopter scene. New York Times’s Neil Genzlinger wrote about his Squamish set visit in TV article praising the series.
- Sunday, April 28th – Red Widow 1×07 The Coke airs on ABC. Marta (Radha Mitchell) learns new information about her husband’s killer. Photos of one of the deaths filmed in Downtown Eastside alley.
- Sunday, April 28th – Once Upon a Time 2×20 The Evil Queen airs on ABC. Hook pretends to help Regina (Lana Parilla) with a plan to transport her and Henry (Jared Padalecki) back to Fairytale land. Big scene of Regina talking to Henry filmed in Steveston. And in flashbacks, the Evil Queen gets Rumplestiltskin to transform her into a peasant so she can kill Snow White (Ginnifer Goodwin). Village scenes were filmed in Robert Burnaby Park in Burnaby in front of visiting #EvilRegals fans (one from Mozambique). Look for opening scene of The Dark one (Robert Carlyle) & The Tramp (Emilie de Ravin) staggering out of the “Rabbit Hole” pub in Steveston too.
- Sunday, April 28th – Latest buzz from Deadline’s Primetime Pilot Panic says Wonderland (Once Upon a Time spinoff) “penciled in” and Big Thunder a “major contender” at ABC; I Am a Victor with John Stamos has a shot at NBC; Human with Karl Urban”still solid” at FOX; Intelligence with Josh Holloway and Backstrom with Rainn Wilson in the mix at CBS; The 100 still under consideration at The CW but no mention of Blink.
- Sunday, April 28th – Upcoming TNT series King & Maxwell preps Incendio in Gastown for before and after explosion shoots next week.
- Saturday, April 28th – Arrow‘s Colton Haynes attends the White House Correspondents Dinner. WHCD’s hilarious & apt hashtag is #nerdprom.
- Saturday, April 27th – King & Maxwell films downtown at two locations, the last at the Queen Elizabeth Theatre.
- Saturday, April 27th – ABC Christmas movie Christmas Bounty wraps three nights (April 25-27th) of overnight filming in holiday-decorated Coquitlam Centre mall.
- Friday, April 26th – Vancouver director Jeff Renfroe’s new Ice Age thriller The Colony opens nationwide in Canada. YVRShoots series interview with Renfroe.
- Friday, April 26th – Vancouver director Jesse James Miller’s endearing 1970s-set film Becoming Redwood premieres in Toronto at Cineplex Yonge & Dundas. YVRShoots series interview with Miller.
- Friday, April 26th – Robert Redford’s Weather Underground film The Company You Keep starring Shia LaBeouf and Redford opens in theatres. Filmed at Vancouver Art Gallery, Georgia Hotel and other locations around Vancouver.
- Friday, April 26th – Continuum films inside CBC Vancouver.
- Friday, April 26th – Arrow actors Byron Mann and Celina Jade featured in Vancouver Sun article about actors making it big in China.
- Friday, April 26th – Entertainment Weekly scoop about season 3 of Falling Skies.
- Friday, April 26th – Entertainment Weekly’s excusive season 3 trailer for The Killing features Peter Sarsgaard as death-row inmate.
- Thursday, April 25th – Joel Kinnaman & Mireille Enos film a walk-and-talk for The Killing near Cobalt Hotel on Main Street. Then moved into parking lot behind for scene in car.
- Thursday, April 25th – Continuum films inside CBC Vancouver and on Cambie Street.
- Thursday, April 25th – Vancouver whydunit Motive 1×10 airs. Dustin Milligan guest-stars Read More »WEEK: April 22-28, 2013
SHOOT: ONCE UPON A TIME’s Robert Carlyle & Emilie de Ravin at The Rabbit Hole In Steveston for 2×20 – Updated
Update April 28 2013. Greg and Tamara hold Hook captive in the clock tower of the Storybrooke Library. To get Hook to help them with their plan they show him Rumplestiltskin is alive and happy coming out of The Rabbit Hole below.
Once Upon a Time set up cameras on the roof of the Storybrooke Public Library in Steveston early this March to film a scene of Mr. Gold in a dark suit and Belle’s cursed self, barfly Lacey in a sequined blue, tight, short, backless dress, stumbling and weaving out of The Rabbit Hole pub, arms round one another. Is this after Mr. Gold beats and rips the tongue out of the Sheriff of Nottingham (Red Widow’s Wil Traval) cursed self Keith to Lacey’s delight? The same tongue which had just been shoved down her throat.
Mr. Gold and Lacey are definitely not RumBelle. More like The Dark One and the Tramp. But fun characters for Robert Carlyle and Emilie de Ravin to play.
- Sunday, March 31st – Red Widow,1×06 The Captive. Irwin tries to comfort his Dad’s young girlfriend outside Lana Lou’s restaurant in the Downtown Eastside. It won’t end well. And after Marta’s daughter Natalie goes missing, Marta, her eldest son Gabriel and her youngest son Boris go searching for Natalie at the Terminal City Ironworks complex.
- Sunday, March 31st – Feature film Hector & the Search for Happiness films scenes of Simon Pegg, Toni Collette & Christopher Plummer in the Life Sciences Centre at UBC with volunteer extras in lecture hall from 1 pm to 7 pm.
- Sunday, March 31st – Josh Holloway, Marg Helgenberger and Meghan Ory film CBS pilot Intelligence on Easter Sunday. Helgenberger’s photo with Holloway.
- Sunday, March 31st – Arrow panel at WonderCon with sunburned Stephen Amell (The Red Arrow), Colin Donnell, Willa Holland & Paul Blackthorne
- Saturday, March 30th – CBS pilot Backstrom turns Marine building downtown into Portland Police station and soaks star Rainn Wilson with a huge rain tower.
- Saturday, March 30th – Feature film Hector & the Search for Happiness with Simon Pegg, Christopher Plummer & Toni Collette starts filming.
- Saturday, March 30th – Falling Skies panel with Drew Roy, Sarah Carter and others at WonderCon in Anaheim.
- Friday, March 29th – Tomorrowland starring George Clooney & Hugh Laurie appears on BC production list with rough filming schedule of Aug 2013 -Jan 2014
- Friday, March 29th – OnceWonderland presentation (not quite a pilot) appears on BC production list with filming dates of April 8 to 12th.
- Friday, March 29th – AMC announces 2-hour premiere on June 2nd of third season of The Killing with Mireille Enos & Joel Kinnaman.
- Friday, March 29th – Cult 1×06 airs on The CW. Sky (Jessica Lucas)e is in a coma treated by a doctor (Geoff Gustafson)..EJ (Stacey Farber) tries to track down the drug dealer filmed at Victory Square.
- Thursday, March 28th – Vancouver whydunit Motive airs 1×08 about young man beaten & suffocated.
- Thursday, March 28th – Once Upon a Time films its season finale inside the cannery in Steveston with Captain Hook and stunt double spotted on set and then two beach scenes in Garry Point Park — the last one of the Lost Boys in Neverland.
- Thursday, March 28th – Movie Words & Pictures with Clive Owen & Juliette Binoche wraps a second week (Monday to Thursday) of filming inside St. George’s school.
- Thursday, March 28th – Supernatural films at Boston Pizza on Marine Way in Burnaby.
- Thursday, March 28th – NBC pilot I am Victor wraps filming in Vancouver with a final day of filming in Yaletown of ground floor scenes of the L.A. law firm of John Stamos’s divorce attorney.
- Thursday, March 28th – FOX Pilot Human with Karl Urban & Michael Ealy films on Annacis Island.
- Thursday, March 28th – Rainn Wilson & Dennis Haysbert film CBS pilot Backstrom in a downtown alley off Cambie.
- Thursday, March 28th – Syfy sets premiere date of June 8th for first season of Primeval: New World Read More »WEEK: March 25-31, 2013
- Sunday, March 24th – Red Widow 1×05 The Recorder airs, starring Radha Mitchell & Goran Visnijic. Marta wears a wire.
- Sunday, March 24th – Once Upon a Time 2×18 Selfless, Brave and True about the return of August airs. Eion Bailey & Michael Raymond-James film Manhattan flashbacks in Gastown for it. And there were later scenes filmed in Fort Langley of wooden August turned back into live boy Pinocchio by magic
- Sunday, March 24th – Joel Wyman’s FOX pilot Human films downtown in the Business District with Karl Urban & Minka Kelly on set as futuristic L.A. police officers.
- Saturday, March 23rd – Joel Wyman’s FOX pilot Human films an armoured vehicle heist downtown in the Business District.
- Friday, March 22nd – Feature film Words and Pictures with Clive Owen & Juliette Binoche wraps a week of filming (Monday to Friday) at St. George’s school in Vancouver.
- Friday, March 22nd – Vancouver cop from the future series Continuum wraps a week (Monday to Friday) of filming inside and outside of CBC Vancouver.
- Friday, March 22nd – Supernatural films at the Ridge Theatre/Bowling Alley with Mark Shepherd & Misha Collins spotted going into set.
- Friday, March 22nd – Japanese monster reboot Godzilla films in south Nanaimo. Morning shoot of WRail locomotive with USAF missiles and military extras on railroad tracks. And an afternoon shoot in front of a bigger crowd of a burnt out vehicle and downed helicopter in flames and military extras running to the scene.
- Friday, March 22nd – Casting call for Asian Men in Vancouver including some with military experience for Godzilla from March to June on Craigslist.
- Friday, March 22nd – CBS pilot Backstrom starring Rainn Wilson, Mamie Gummer, Dennis Haysbert & Kristoffer Pohala gets revised filming dates of March 26th to April 12th
Read More »WEEK: March 18-24, 2013
[sz-youtube url=”http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7m657-K0hyk&feature=youtu.be” /]
- Sunday, March 10th – Red Widow 1×03 The Consignment starring Radha Mitchell and Goran Visnjic has scene of youngest cast member Jakob Salvati doing own stunt near Victory Square dowtown.
- Sunday, March 10th – Motive 1×05 Public Enemy about murder of health food guru starring Kristin Lehman and Louis Ferreira.
- Sunday, March 10th – Once Upon a Time 1×16 The Miller’s Daughter. Emma, Bae, Henry and the dying Rumple sail from Manhattan to Storybrooke, aka Steveston pirate ship set. Big sword fight showdown — Good vs Evil — inside Mr. Gold’s in Steveston. Who will die? #onewilldie.
- Sunday, March 10th – TV movie Window Wonderland with Chyler Leigh of Grey’s Anatomy films outside Holt Renrew downtown for 3rd day in a row.
- Saturday, March 9th – Arrow panel at PaleyFest with Stephen Amell, Katie Cassidy, David Ramsey, Susannah Thompson & executive producers. From panel: Amell cast with his shirt on! Malcolm Merlyn (John Barrowman) is “evil Bruce Wayne”. Expect slow build to Black Canary and Speedy (Colton Haynes). Mysterious genre guest star coming. Not as much as VFX as you’d think except for the arrows — all CGIed.
- Saturday, March 9th – Stunt rehearsals with Josh Holloway on Fraser River for CBS pilot Intelligence.Photo from @SidneySewell.
- Saturday, March 9th – TV movie Window Wonderland with Chyler Leigh of Grey’s Anatomy films outside Holt Renfrew downtown
- Friday, March 8th – Arrow‘s David Ramsey films in The Pinnacle hotel and then at night Paul Blackthorne and Colton Haynes on The Pier aka Burrard Dry Dock Pier in North Vancouver.
- Friday, March 8th – The Killing films a night shoot in Gastown.
- Friday, March 8th – Cult airs on its new night. 1×03 has big stunt of train on Langley tracks hitting a car plus scenes of Matt Davis & Jessica Lucas at UBC.
- Friday, March 8th – Movie Robocop to do reshoots in Vancouver not Toronto this May to accomodate star Joel Kinnaman who is filming season 3 of The Killing here. Via latest BC Production List.
- Friday, March 8th – Isaiah Washington (Dr. Burke from Grey’s Anatomy) joins cast of CW pilot The 100.
- Friday, March 8th – TV movie Winter Wonderland with Chyler Leigh of Grey’s Anatomy films outside Holt Renfrew downtown
- Thursday, March 7th – Once Upon a Time films Fairy Tale Land scenes in Robert Burnaby Park with Lana Parrilla Read More »WEEK: March 4-10, 2013
Are we ready for a female version of Tony Soprano (The Sopranos) or Walter White (Breaking Bad) on American broadcast TV? Red Widow is about San Francisco widow Marta Walraven (Radha Mitchell) forced to replace her husband in the Russian mob after his murder in order to repay his debt and protect her family — son Gabriel (Sterling Beaumon),daughter Natalie (Erin Moriarty) and son Boris (Jakob Salvati).
Her husband was killed by the mafia. In order to erase a [$1.5 million] debt and protect her family, she is willing to work with his killers. How far would you go? For one mother, the only way out is deeper in. No time to mourn.
That debt is owed to crime lord Nicholae Schiller (Goran Visnjic). “I don’t play games Mrs. Walraven. Ever.” – Schiller
By the end of the first set of eight episodes, Marta Walraven won’t be as bad as Tony Soprano or Walter White but she will have gone from packing lunches to packing guns — with room to go darker.