iZombie Wraps. ByeZombie. Bye stir-fried brains. iZombie has wrapped five seasons of filming in Vancouver. Wrap party last weekend. We’ll miss zombie Liv Moore (Rose… Read More »BYE ZOMBIE: iZOMBIE With Rose McIver Has Wrapped Filming in Vancouver
Linc-ety Linc. Looks like your brother just might be alive. — T-Bag. If you’re playing me, I’ll kill you. — Linc. Seven years after his… Read More »PREMIERE: PRISON BREAK Ride Starts Again Tonight With T-Bag’s Photo Of Michael Alive
SHOOT | PRISON BREAK’s Lincoln (Dominic Purcell) & T-Bag (Robert Knepper) & Creator Paul Scheuring Together Again in Vancouver
Updated May 16th with screen caps from the official trailer. T-Bag gives Lincoln a photo of Michael still alive in prison. Prison Break revival is… Read More »SHOOT | PRISON BREAK’s Lincoln (Dominic Purcell) & T-Bag (Robert Knepper) & Creator Paul Scheuring Together Again in Vancouver
This time it’s Lincoln’s turn to break his brother Michael out of prison. Lincoln, Sara,, Sucre, T-Bag and C-Note team up to break Michael out… Read More »REUNION: PRISON BREAK Cast Reunites for Revival Filming in Vancouver This Spring
- Sunday, April 7th – Feature film Words & Pictures with Clive Owen & Juliette Binoche spends weekend filming at St. George’s private school in Vancouver.
- Saturday, April 6th – Once Upon a Time season two wrap party attended by showrunners Adam Horowitz & Eddy Kitsis.
- Saturday, April 6th – Arrow films 1×22 in the Telus Tower with Stephen Amell, John Barrowman, Willa Holland, Colton Haynes, Colin Donnell, Paul Blackthorne, Emily Bett Rickards on set.
- Saturday, April 6th – CBS pilot Backstrom films in The Regent Hotel in the downtown eastside and in the Vancouver Art Galley downtown with star Rainn Wilson on set.
- Saturday, April 6th – Early edition of Deadline’s Primetime Pilot Panic features six Vancouver-shot pilots: I Am Victor with John Stamos, Human with Karl Urban, Intelligence with Josh Holloway, Backstrom with Rainn Wilson, Big Thunder and The 100.
- Friday, April 5th – Once Upon a Time wraps filming of its second season in Vancouver very late Friday/early morning Saturday.
- Friday, April 5th – Dawn of the Planet of the Apes films in Golden Ears Park with Andy Serkis as Caesar, Jason Clarke, Keri Russell and motion-capture apes spotted on set.
- Friday, April 5th – Video of Godzilla in Golden Ears Park filming military rappelling down from helicopter to recover nuclear missile after Godzilla wrecks train carrying it.
- Friday, April 5th – TNT series King & Maxwell wtth Jon Tenney & Rebecca Romijn films driving scene near the Queen Elizabeth Theatre and more scenes inside The Centre.
- Friday, April 5th – CBS pilot Backstrom wraps three days of filming (Wednesday to Friday) inside the old Pappas Fur building downtown.
- Friday, April 5th – BC Production List says ABC pilot Big Thunder and CW pilots The 100 and Blink wrapped filming in Vancouver.
- Friday, April 5th – Cult 1×07 airs on The CW. Contains scene of Billy Grimm (Robert Knepper) speaking at Vancouver Art Gallery while Kelly Collins (Alona Tal) inspects his signature red car looking for evidence of an abduction.
- Friday, April 5th – Paul Reubens, aka Pee Wee Herman, cast as White Rabbit on Once Upon a Time‘s pilot presentation OnceWonderland, joining Sophie Lowe as Alice, Peter Gadiot as Cyrus, Michael Socha as the Knave of Hearts and Emma Rigby as the Red Queen. Filming is scheduled from April 8th – 12th.
- Thursday, April 4th – Vancouver whydunit Motive 1×09 airs on CTV with a young art lover as the victim.
- Thutsday, April 4th – Supernatural‘s Jensen Ackles & Jared Padalecki film an establishing shot with the Impala at the Holy Trinity Cathedral in New Westminster after filming scenes inside and then at the law courts.
- Thursday, April 4th – TNT series King & Maxwell films Jon Tenney & Rebecca Romijn at The Centre.
- Thursday, April 4th – CBS pilot Intelligence with Josh Holloway, Marg Helgenberger and Meghan Ory wraps filming in Vancouver.
- Thursday, April 4th – FOX pilot Human with Karl Urban, Michael Ealy, Minka Kelly & more wraps filming in Vancouver overnight in the Terminal City Ironworks complex in Read More »WEEK: April 1-7, 2013
What happens when a rabid, obsessed fandom crosses the line between the imagined and reality? We’ll get to see in three weeks when the buzzed-about meta series Cult debuts on The CW. The pilot episode introduces us to journalist Jeff (Matt Davis from the Vampire Diaries) searching for his brother whose disappearance may be linked to the fans of a TV series called Cult recreating what they’ve seen on the show. Jeff enlists the help of production assistant Skye (Jessica Lucas) from the show-within-a-show to examine the dark influence of its cult leader character Billy (Robert Knepper) on the fans and how the show-within-a-show’s creator might be purposefully manipulating them. The next twelve episodes track the fan reaction to twelve episodes of the show-within-a-show, culminating in season finales for both.
[sz-youtube url=”http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F65Zw_BLtqA” /]
[Update: A new promo asks What is Real? One is TV. One is Reality. As it cuts back and forth between scenes from the show-within-a-show and “reality”. Cult filmed the scene of car vs train on railroad tracks in Langley and caused traffic gridlock on a Friday afternoon as drivers slowed down to stare.]
[sz-youtube url=”http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22aMECBzGUc” /]
Showrunner Rockne O’Bannon of Farscape fame told the Television Critics Association (TCA) winter press tour that Cult puts a magnifying glass on the potential dangers of a passionate fan base of a dark show. Executive producer Josh Swartz elaborated, saying today’s fans feel like they have an emotional ownership of their show and get so much more access to the people who create, write and star in it that they “may feel they control that conversation as well. And when things don’t go the way they have tweeted, there’s a certain level of animosity Read More »Crazed Fandom Show CULT Debuts February 19th on The CW – Updated
- Friday, January 25th – Continuum films scenes of Victor Webster at Vanier Park near Burrard Bridge and of Rachel Nichols in her black hi-tech cat suit doing a stunt kick at a night shoot with rain towers at the CBC Vancouver parking garage Later a green skin-suited double performs more stunts.
- Friday, January 25th – Vancouver sitcom Package Deal wraps taping of its first season in front of live studio audience in Burnaby, starring Randal Edwards, Julia Voth, Harland Williams and Jay Malone.
- Friday, January 25th – FOX orders JJ Abrams/Joel Wyman robot cops pilot, which could be filmed in Vancouver this March with former Fringe crew.
- Friday, January 25th – TVLine gets scoop of John Pyper-Ferguson casting as widower on Once Upon a Time.
- Thursday, January 24th – EW magazine gets First Look at Cult‘s creepy-cool key art, featuring Matt Davis, Jessica Lucas, Alona Tal and Robert Knepper
- Thursday, January 24th – TVLine gets First Look at Once Upon a Time‘s “Jack” of Beanstalk Fame.
- Thursday, January 24th – Supernatural films for 3rd & final day at Vancouver westside warehouse on 4th & Alberta. All inside.
- Thursday, January 24th – The CW releases an extended promo of Seth Gabel as “The Count” for Arrow 1×12 Vertigo
- Wednesday, January 23rd – Filmed-in-Vancouver-and-Yellowknife Arctic Air airs 2×3 Open Season, featuring the return of Nelson.
- Wednesday, January 23rd – Supernatural airs 8×11 LARP and the Real Girl with Sam & Dean in facepaint & cosplay in Coquitlam’s Mundy Park.
- Wednesday, January 23rd – Arrow airs 1×11 Trust and Verify guest-starring Ben Browder with key scenes filmedRead More »WEEK: January 21-27, 2013
- Sunday, January 13th – Once Upon a Time 2×12 The Outsider has Rumple finding a way to cross the town border without losing his memory of his son Bae, Hook stealing Bae’s cloak, a Rumple vs Hook showdown and then a big twist involving Rumple’s beloved Belle.
- Sunday, January 13th – CTV airs a promo for Vancouver detective series Motive during the Golden Globes with the tagline: The Murder is Just the Beginning. Debuts on February 3rd after the Superbowl on CTV.
- Sunday, January 13th – Cult panel at the Television Critics Association (TCA) winter press tour, with cast Matt Davis, Jessica Lucas, Robert Knepper and Alona Tal and Farscape creator Rockne O’Bannon. Debuts February 19th on The CW.
- Sunday, January 13th – The CW president Mark Pedowitz says new version of Vancouver-filmed pilot The Selection still in contention for pilot order. Tells TCA winter press tour that he loves the new script.
- Friday, January 11th – Fringe 5×11 The Boy Must Live – the third-to-last episode features naked Walter in deprivation tank and father-son bonding between Walter and Peter and between September and his son, the child Observer! Oh, and someone must die for the plan to work.
- Friday, January 11th – Arrow Fraturday: star Stephen Amell steals a motorcyle in a scene at Portal Park as news breaks of his Christmas wedding to longtime girlfriend Cassandra Jean; his stunt double rides the motorcycle down the stairs at Oceanic Plaza and over a prop Starling City cab into prop traffic on West Hastings. Arrow crew then moves to underground parking at the Vancouver Convention Centre to film overnight scenes until Saturday morning.
- Friday, January 11th – Supernatural Fraturday: films overnight again inside Century House in downtown Vancouver.
- Friday, January 11th – City releases promo image of sitcom Package Deal, featuring Randal Edwards, Julia Voth, Harland Williams and Jay Malone.
- Thursday, January 10th – Sitcom Package Deal tapes in front of live studio audience in Burnaby.
- Thursday, January 10th – Once Upon a Time films at Deer Lake Park with Charming, Snow & Henry on set.
- Thursday, January 10th – Arrow films at the PNE
- Thursday, January 10th – Supernatural films inside Century House in downtown Vancouver.
- Thursday, January 10th – Red Widow panel at TCA winter press tour. Debuts March 3rd on ABC.
- Thursday, January 10th – News via @Lemon_Buzz that feature film Ninja Turtles closed its Vancouver production office and opened a NYC production office = Vancouver loses another feature film.
- Thurday, January 10th – Premier Christy Clark’s BC Jobs Plan boosts several industries but not our declining film & TV biz. Click on the SAVE BC FILM petition and sign it to let her know the cost to the province of losing film & TV productions to places with better tax credits.
- Wednesday, January 9th – Fringe showrunner Joel Wyman and cast Lance Reddick present early screening Read More »WEEK: January 7-13, 2013