- Sunday, February 10th – Once Upon a Time 2×13 Tiny airs with Jorge Garcia’s Anton the Giant held captive on Hook’s pirate ship and then rampaging through Storybrooke. Plus we learn Charming’s real name.
- Sunday, February 10th – Motive 1×2 airs on CTV with scenes of Kristin Lehman filmed in the Olympic Village.
- Sunday, February 10th – Battlestar Galactica prequel pilot Blood and Chrome starring Ben Cotton finally airs on Syfy. #ThereWillBeCylons.
- Saturday, February 9th – New survey says 3 out of 4 British Columbians strongly support government tax incentives to help the BC film & TV production industry. Global TV report #SaveBCFilm
- Saturday, February 9th – Vancouver-filmed hunting-accident-gone-wrong A Single Shot with Sam Rockwell debuts at Berlin International Film Festival
- Friday, February 8th – New York Times paid a set visit to Continuum in Squamish last week and came away impressed with Vancouver’s cop from the future series.
- Friday, February 8th – Deadline Hollywood confirms Chin Han (The Dark Knight) cast on Arrow as Frank Chen, an old friend of the Queen family and part of the nefarious group The Undertaking. This is the mysterious Asian man spotted at the Westin Bayshore Hotel shoot.
- Friday, February 8th – CW pilot The Hundred–100 juvenile delinquents sent back to Earth after nuclear war–appears on BC Production List. To film from March 14th to April 4th.
- Friday, February 8th – Once Upon a Time films in Lynn Canyon Park in North Vancouver.
- Friday, February 8th – TV Line reports Max Fowler (The Hour) cast as Twitch on season 3 of The Killing
- Thursday, February 7th – Once Upon a Time turns Gastown into Manhattan again to film scenes for 2×18 Selfless, Brave and True.
- Thursday, February 7th – Mayor Gregor Robertson talks #SaveBCFilm on Breakfast Television.
- Thursday, February 7th – Once Upon a Time films in Lynn Canyon Park in North Vancouver.
- Wednesday, February 6th – Psycho prequel Bates Motel with Freddie Highmore & Vera Farmiga wraps filming of its first season in Vancouver.
- Wednesday, February 6th – Arctic Air 2×5 has big fight scenes filmed in Langley Airport hangar with former amateur boxer Aleks Paunovic in the ring. Read More »WEEK: February 4-10, 2013
If you meet Sam Rockwell coming out of his trailer for the film A Single Shot, he’s a pleasant, genial guy, happy to sign autographs and pose for photos with fans. But as he crosses the street to set he turns into his surly character John Moon, a hunter who’s being tracked by hardened backwater crooks after stumbling into a deep woods campground filled with drugs, cash and the body of a young woman that Moon just killed by accident with a single fatal shot.
Outside Dot’s Diner turned Puffy’s Diner in old town Langley, Sam Rockwell walked head down around and around in a circle before going in the diner door and brushing past a Devon County Sheriff (West Virginia) for the scene. Later Rockwell kicked a garbage can again and again before doing a take of entering the diner. And even later, Rockwell picked up an umbrella and started whacking plastic cartons to get into character. I’d never seen someone method acting like this on location before. It was fascinating to watch.
Here he is coming out of the diner after a take. Is that the hint of a smile? It was one of the few times I caughtRead More »SHOOT: A SINGLE SHOT’s Sam Rockwell method-acting in Langley