- Sunday, April 21st – Continuum 2×01 debuts on Showcase. Invisible fighting at CBC Vancouver parking garage. Shown to be Kiera (Rachel Nichols) in her black high-tech cat suit. Mayor shot at Vancouver Public Library. Kiera meets Carlos (Victor Webster) at Vanier Park with the Burrard Bridge and West End as backdrop. And the crime scene for mayor shot at Vancouver Public Library with Kiera & Carlos on set. Kiera later investigates the kill shot with her head tech and points to the apartment it came from. Kiera and Alec (Erik Knudsen) talk at Vanier Park. And the final VFX by Artifex: a time lapse of sea level rising in English Bay and dam being built while West End skyline changes.
- Sunday, April 21st – Once Upon a Time 2×19 Lacey: Father-and-son (Bae & Henry) have play swordfight watched by grandfather Rumplestiltskin, who chooses that moment to tell Regina that Henry is his grandson. Regina takes revenge by turning Belle into her cursed self, the scantily-clad barfly Lacey. Plus unexpected guest star Jorge Garcia back as Anton and introducing Tom Ellis as Robin Hood and Wil Traval as the Sheriff of Nottingham.
- Sunday,April 21st – Deadline’s Primetime Pilot Panic: The Latest Buzz gives CBS pilot Intelligence a nod because of its “hunky actor” Josh Holloway & deems CBS pilot Backstrom with Rainn Wilson “a wild card”. Fox pilot Human with Karl Urban is called “strong”. ABC pilot Big Thunder & presentation OnceWonderland have buzz & preliminary good notices because in house. The CW pilot The 100 has lost steam but still in contention, Deadline says. But no mention of NBC pilot I Am Victor with John Stamos or The CW pilot Blink.
- Sunday, April 21st – Second day of Fan Expo Vancouver at Canada Place.
- Sunday, April 21st – Lord of the Rings actor & Fan Expo Vancouver guest Sean Astin wears Boston shirt in Vancouver Sun Run to honour the Boston Marathon victims
- Sunday, April 21st – Arrow wraps filming of its first hit season early in the morning.
- Saturday, April 20th – Arrow films fight scene with Stephen Amell on the Hudson’s Bay rooftop overnight. Photos to come.
- Saturday, April 20th – Simon Pegg’s Hector and the Search for Happiness wraps filming here after a three-day shoot (April 18-20) in a Yaletown penthouse.
- Saturday, April 20th – First day of Fan Expo Vancouver at Canada Place. YVRShoots series: Continuum panel & Cosplay.
- Friday, April 19th – Godzilla films at old paper recycling plant in Coquitlam on Fraser River.
- Thursday, April 18th – Supernatural wraps filming of season eight.
- Thursday, April 18th – Bravo pilot Rita with Anna Gunn films at the University of British Columbia.
- Thursday, April 18th – Continuum films at CBC Vancouver.
- Thursday, April 18th – PaleyFest announces Bates Motel evening on May 10th – Reimagining a Cinema Icon – with cast Vera Farmiga, Freddie Highmore, Max Thieriot, Nestor Carbonell, Olivia Cooke, Nicola Peltz and showrunners Carlton Cuse and Kerry Ehrin.
- Wednesday, April 17th – Season two finale of Arctic Air goes interactive on CBC. Krista (Pascale Hutton) breaks up with Bobby (Adam Beach) at the airport. Read More »WEEK: April 15-21, 2013
Published April 21, 2013 on Vancouver is Awesome
A year ago, Fan Expo Vancouver hosted the first panel for Vancouver-cop-from-the-future series Continuum. And what a year it’s been. Continuum debuted on Showcase as an out-of-the-box hit. Almost one million Canadians watched, making it 2012’s number one cable drama here. Since sold to more than fifty countries around the world. Canadian Screen Award, Writers Guild Canada and Saturn Award nominations racked up. A debut in January on Syfy in the U.S. which led to rave reviews from The New York Times and Entertainment Weekly TV critics. A second Continuum panel at Fan Expo Vancouver yesterday. And the premiere of a second season tonight on Showcase at 6 p.m. PT/9 p.m. ET. No wonder the cast and creator got giddy yesterday in Ballroom A at Canada Place.
Continuum is part sci fi, part police procedural about a future police officer Kiera Cameron (Rachel Nichols) who travels back in time from Vancouver in the year 2077 to Vancouver today, swept up in an escape by a group of terrorists — Liber8 — who plan to change the future from the past by targeting the corporations that will come to rule the world. Cameron ends up being partnered with Vancouver police detective Carlos Fonnegra (Victor Webster) and tasked with bringing down Liber8, with the unexpected help of teen tech genius Alec Sandler (Erik Knudsen), a boy who will grow up to become the head of mega-corp SadTech and seemingly the man responsible for sending Kiera and Liber8 back in time in the first place.