- Sunday, December 2nd – Once Upon a Time mid-season finale. Queen of Hearts, 2×09, features Snow & Emma vs Cora & Hook in a fight for the compass. A Charming family reunion in Storybrooke. And two villains heading into Storybrooke on a pirate ship.
- Sunday, December 2nd – Whistler Film Festival wraps.
- Sunday, December 2nd – Glen Schaefer interview with Twilight scribe and Red Widow showrunner Melissa Rosenberg in the Province reveals Camille Sullivan is FBI agent in the Russian mob series.
- Saturday, December 1st – Fringe showrunner Joel Wyman reveals series finale episode title – An Enemy of Fate.
- Saturday, December 1st – 100th episode party for Fringe at Fairmont Pacific Rim with JJ Abrams, Joel Wyman, Anna Torv, Joshua Jackson, John Noble, Jasika Nicole, Seth Gabel, Blair Brown and crew. Video of the party with interviews.
- Saturday, December 1st – Arrow Christmas Party. Photo by fight coordinator James Bamford.
- Saturday, December 1st – Twilight scribe and Red Widow showrunner Melissa Rosenberg honoured for her screenwriting at Whistler Film Festival.
- Friday, November 30th – American TV critics visit Stephen Amell in costume as Hood for Arrow on top of Bentall parkade downtown. Filming police raid overnight.
- Friday, November 30th – American TV critics visit Supernatural on set at start of filming episode 8×13.
- Friday, November 30th – HuffPost TV reports Gil McKinney cast as time traveller Henry in Supernatural episode 8×12 filmed partly in Gastown alley on Tuesday.
- Friday, November 30th –Arrow casts Spartacus star Manu Bennett as the man behind Deathstroke in the Island flashbacks.
- Friday, November 30th – Battlestar Galactica prequel Blood and Chrome with Ben Cotton — seventh and eighth webisodes online.
- Friday, November 30th – A&E releases two short teasers of Bates Motel to TVLine.
- Thursday, November 29th – Arrow films Katie Cassidy and Colin Donnell in Oceanic Plaza and a police station night shoot on Eveleigh near the Bentall Centre.
- Wednesday, November 28th -Filming of Supernatural‘s cartoontastic episode 8×8 featured new demon-hunting trio Sam & Dean & Cas photographed laughing in the Impala and a cartoon suicide off the Lumbermens’ Building.
- Wednesday, November 28th – So that was the Huntress`s stunt double on a motorcycle roarring towards me on a downtown sidewalk for Arrow episode 1×7. And Stephen Amell`s foot chase was done in two separate shoots.
- Wednesday, November 28th – Whistler Film Festival begins. Runs until December 2nd.
- Wednesday, November 28th – Sarah McLachlan holiday classic debuts on radio. My photos of music video shoot for Read More »WEEK: November 26 – December 2, 2012
The Twilight Saga
ACTOR: Christopher Heyerdahl Isn’t Scary But His Characters Are Like His Upcoming TRUE BLOOD Vampire
B.C.’s own 6′ 4″ actor Christopher Heyerdahl isn’t scary but his characters sure are: from a wraith on Stargate: Atlantis to a triple role as a bigfoot… Read More »ACTOR: Christopher Heyerdahl Isn’t Scary But His Characters Are Like His Upcoming TRUE BLOOD Vampire
Published April 28, 2011 on Vancouver is Awesome
Popular romantic-vampire movie franchise The Twilight Saga is famous for a certain kind of hysterical fandom known as Twi-hards. During the ten weeks that Breaking Dawn, Parts 1 and 2, have been filming in the Vancouver area, I did encounter some unbalanced Twi-hards on Twitter but never heard of them disrupting production here. It would be too difficult.
Director Bill Conroy, producers and crew know how to foil fans and paparazzi from photographing and spoiling any scenes of the long-awaited union of teenage vampire Edward Cullen and his human beloved Bella Swan, played by real-life couple Robert Pattison and Kristen Stewart (Robsten). Earlier this month, huge white tarpaulins covered the backyard of the Cullen house set near Squamish, where the wedding scenes were filmed for consistent lighting but also to prevent aerial spoilers And roadblocks and armed police (including RCMP) surrounded the set to prevent spoilers from the ground. Some joked that security for this fictional wedding rivalled that of the Royal Wedding in London tomorrow.
I steered clear of Breaking Dawn location shoots until a week ago Monday when the second unit set up in Stanley Park on the interior road between the Vancouver Aquarium and Brockton Oval to film Kristen Stewart as newly-made vampire Bella doing fast vampire-running stunts on a greenscreen treadmill towed by a camera truck for Breaking Dawn 2. When I arrived near the aquarium, set containment crew had already erected a huge black screen at that end of the closed road but I did manage to take a few photos from Brockton Oval of the treadmill before set containment crew started putting up several 12×12 black screens at that end. As I was walking away across a football field, a containment worker with a big black umbrella came out to discourage me from taking any more photos, even of set containment units.
So you can imagine how security tightened close to Kristen Stewart’s afternoon call time. A dozen containment workers started patrolling the woods on either side of the closed road to prevent papparazzi and fans from photographing Stewart as Bella. One speedy pap — Justin King — did manage to evade them long enough to photograph Stewart from behind running on the treadmill (plus Bella’s never-seen-before wedding ring) before being chased out. And back at Brockton Oval, crew allowed some fans, including Christine Kilpatrick (@OLTV who offers On Location tours of Twilight sights) to watch Stewart running in her blue vampire dress on the treadmill shielded by a containment unit worker with an umbrella, as long as they kept their cameras in their pockets. I cannot stress how unprecedented this was to get to see cast at work.
Before any of the cast arrived in Vancouver in late February (Robert Pattison and Kristen Stewart flew in by private jet and would have gone unpapped if they hadn’t had to go through customs where several photographers waited), it seemed there would be opportunities to see some filming in public places in downtown Vancouver. Read More »BIG READ: THE TWILIGHT SAGA: BREAKING DAWN 2’s Vampire Running in Stanley Park