- Sunday, June 16th – Weekend box office for Man of Steel: A superhero-worthy US$125.1 million in North America, breaking Toy Story 3’s record for biggest June opening weekend ever and second best debut of year next to Iron Man 3. Next up: Man of Steel 2 with good chunk to be filmed in Vancouver. EW has fun keeping track of “Inappropriate Tweets about Henry Cavill“.
- Sunday, June 16th – Continuum 2×08 Second Listen airs on Showcase: Kiera (Rachel Nichols) investigates the mysterious disappearance of several deceased time traveler’s bodies; Alec (Erik Knudsen) is taken hostage by Garza on orders from his future self.
- Sunday, June 16th – The Killing 3×04 Head Shots airs on AMC: Sarah Linden (Mireille Enos) and Stephen Holder (Joel Kinnaman) team up to find the “voice” on the tapes.’; Seward (Peter Sarsgaard) is given reason to stop acting up in prison.
- Sunday, June 16th – Falling Skies 3×03 Badlands airs on TNT: Humans attack Charleston with new President Tom Mason (Noah Wyle) on the frontlines. And concern grows about the mole among them.
- Sunday, June 16th – Godzilla main unit at Japanese village set on Front Street in New Westminster. Aaron Taylor-Johnson and Bryan Cranston spotted on set.
- Sunday, June 16th – Godzilla 2nd unit films controlled parachute jump from crane on Thurlow in downtown Vancouver.
- Friday, June 14th – Mireille Enos, Joel Kinnaman and Elias Koteas film The Killing seasson 3 finale in east Vancouver neighbourhood.
- Friday, June 14th – Man of Steel opens in theatres. BC filming of the Superman reboot starring Henry Cavill. Spot the BC actor: Ian Tracey, Tahmoh Penikett, Mike Dopud and others.
- Friday, June 14th – Arrow starts filming season 2 on July 9th according to DGBC production list.
- Thursday, June 13th – Man of Steel screening for Vancouver crew.
- Thursday, June 13th – YVRShoots Series – Best of BC-made TV and Film at Leo Awards from Continuum to Camera Shy
- Thursday, June 13th – EW’s first look at Once Upon a Time‘s Ginnifer Goodwin as Jackie Kennedy for the docudrama Killing Kennedy.
- Wednesday, June 12th – The Killing films scenes with Joel Kinnaman and Jewel Staite on the fifth floor gallery of the curtain wall inside the Vancouver Public Library atrium.
- Wednesday, June 12th – Bruce Boxleitner guest-stars on Cedar Cove with Andie MacDowell
- Tuesday, June 11th – Director Zach Snyder discusses Man of Steel 2., with portion to be filmed in Vancouver, starting January 2014 via @lemon_buzz.
- Tuesday, June 11th – Hugh Dillon of Continuum and The Killing films indie The Last Crop on Chinatown roof.
- Tuesday, June 11th – King & Maxwell films around The Bay downtown.
- Tuesday, June 11th – DirecTV renews Rogue with Thandie Newton for second season of 10 episodes.
- Tuesday, June 11th – Deadline reports that NBC orders rewrite and revamping of filmed-in-Vancouver pilot Victor with`John Stamos Read More »WEEK: June 10-16, 2013
- Sunday, May 19th – RoboCop starring Joel Kinnaman wraps its fourth & final day (May 16-19) in the Washington Building at Vancouver Shipyards in North Vancouver, Standoff between heroes and villains with simulated gunfire. You could hear the pop, pop, pop sound nearby.
- Saturday, May 18th – Lexus commercial films in downtown Business District.
- Friday, May 17th – Amanda Tapping directs Continuum on Cambie St. and Arch Alley downtown. First a scene with Stephen Lobo and Magda Apanowicz on Cambie. And then a scene with Victor Webster and a corpse in the gravel parking lot off Arch Alley.
- Friday, May 17th – Globe and Mail: Election upset has BC Film industry reeling over lost taxbreaks
- Friday, May 17th – Lifetime series Witches of East End,starring Julia Ormond, back on BC Production List. New filming dates: July 16 to October 21.
- Thursday, May 16th – Godzilla terrorizes Steveston for third night shoot on docks dressed as San Francisco’s Fisherman’s Wharf.
- Thursday, May 16th – Vancouver whydunnit Motive season finale airs on CTV with Amanda Tapping guest starring as hot psychologist. Crime scene filmed in David Lam Park in Yaletown.
- Thursday, May 16th – YVRShoots Series – Four filmed-in-Vancouver American pilots Once Upon a Time in Wonderland, Almost Human with Karl Urban & Michael Ealy, Intelligence with Josh Holloway and The 100 make it to series. But Intelligence will film its series in Los Angeles not Vancouver.
- Thursday, May 16th – The CW Upfront: The CW becomes the Amell network with cousins Arrow star Stephen Amell & Tomorrow People star Robbie Amell on stage and sharing a childhood photo to a chorus of Awwwws from the audience. The network plans to break up Supernatural and Arrow on Wednesday nights by moving the Winchesters to Tuesdays at 9 p.m. and replacing them with Tomorrow People, a new show which may shift production to Vancouver. But picked up series The 100 is not expected to air until 2014. Here’s a trailer filmed in local forest.
- Thursday May 16th – Continuum films inside CBC Vancouver. Episode directed by Amanda Tapping.
- Thursday, May 16th – The Killing films at Riverview.
- Thursday May 16th – Falling Skies showrunner Remi Aubuchon announces he’s stepping down. David Eick from Battlestar Galactica will take over for season four.
- Wednesday, May 15th – Godzilla in Steveston. Night shoot on docks dressed as San Francisco’s Fisherman’s Wharf.
- Wednesday, May 15th – Supernatural season eight finale. Angels fall from Heaven.
- Wednesday, May 15th – Arrow‘s epic season finale. Throughout the taut episode almost every character looked like he/she was about to sacrifice themselves but ultimately Tommy (Colin Donnell) was the one who did, sacrificing himself to save the woman he loved, Lauren (Katie Cassidy). Archer showdown between Emerald Archer (Stephen Amell/stunt double) & Dark Archer (John Barrowman/stunt double) on Hudson’s Bay roof downtown. Read More »WEEK: May 13-19, 2013
Published May 16, 2013 on Vancouver is Awesome Update: The Tomorrow People, which shot its pilot in New York City, moves production here to film… Read More »TV PILOTS: Shows ONCE UPON A TIME IN WONDERLAND, ALMOST HUMAN, INTELLIGENCE & THE 100
Victor (formerly I Am Victor) had camera crews on two corners of the downtown Burrard and Nelson intersection last night to film a scene of John Stamos (ER/Full House) as a high-powered divorce attorney waiting on the north steps of St. Andrew Wesley United Church for a young woman coming out of the church and then walking with her to the main entrance where they sit together on the steps. Later crew set up on the sidewalk in front of the main entrance to film closeups of Stamos talking with the young woman. It was a big shoot for the NBC pilot with lots of people stopping and staring throughout the evening until the film lights went out around 11 p.m. and Stamos left.
Victor (formerly I Am Victor) crew brought their own jungle today to film some brief exterior scenes of lead John Stamos walking in and out of the front door of Pender Medi Spa in downtown Vancouver. Most of the action takes place inside the spa with a night shoot at another location. Stamos seems perfectly cast to play a high-powered divorce attorney in an NBC pilot from the producers of White Collar. The Full House and ER vet can be spotted around town over the next two weeks and hopefully will be back in the summer if the pilot is picked up to series.
Fringe showrunner Joel Wyman directing series finale in Vancouver Updated: April 12, 2013 Seven TV pilots start filming in Vancouver this month, spread out among… Read More »TV PILOTS: American TV Pilot Season Starts in Vancouver Today with Joel Wyman’s ALMOST HUMAN