- Sunday, June 23rd – The Killing 3×05 Scared and Running airs on AMC: Bullet (Bex Taylor Klaus) works with Sarah Linden (Mireille Enos) and Stephen Holder (Joel Kinnaman) to find girl on the run before killer does; Seward (Peter Sarsgaard) isn’t happy to see his son’s adoptive mother.
- Sunday, June 23rd – Falling Skies 3×04 At All Costs airs on TNT. President meets President.
- Sunday, June 23rd – Godzilla‘s main unit films in Vancouver’s Business District for second day on Everleigh Street off Thurlow and then the 1000 block of West Hastings (Oceanic Plaza) dressed as San Francisco BART station. Elizabeth Olsen on set under rain tower again but this time in action scene. 2nd unit films returns to debris-strewn Thurlow Street overnight but no controlled jump from crane this time.
- Sunday, June 23rd – YVRShoots Series – The Killing’s Mireille Enos & Joel Kinnaman Investigate Street Kid Deaths in S3
- Saturday/Sunday, June 22nd/23rd – Godzilla‘s second unit films massive SPFX explosions overnight at Watchmen’s Main Street set in Burnaby dressed as San Francisco’s Chinatown. Explosions much bigger than expected. Click on link for photo.
- Saturday, June 22nd – Godzilla‘s main unit films in Vancouver’s Busines District on Everleigh Street off Thurlow and then the 1000 block of West Hastings (Oceanic Plaza) dressed as a San Francisco BART station. Elizabeth Olsen gets drenched by rain tower.
- Saturday, June 22nd – Canada’s Constellation Awards in Toronto: Vancouver-cop-from-the-future series Continuum wins best sci-fi series and best female performance for Rachel Nichols and Vancouver-dinosaurs-run-amok series Primeval: New World wins best male performance for Niall Matter. Complete list of winners.
- Saturday, June 22nd – Primeval: New World 1×03 airs on Syfy in the U.S.
- Friday, June 21st – Continuum 2×03 airs on Syfy in the U.S. Drugs from the future and old- fashioned biker gangs.
- Friday, June 21st – Almost Human, Bates Motel, Once Upon a Time in Wonderland and Supernatural filming start dates appear on BC production list. Summer start dates in Vancouver for these American 2013-14 season series plus Arrow, Once Upon a Time and The Tomorrow People announced earlier.
- Friday, June 21st – New YTV teen sitcom Some Assembly Required gets start date of July 21st on BC production list.
- Friday, June 21st – Warner Bros. TV announces Arrow’s Stephen Amell; Supernatural’s Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles and Misha Collins; Almost Human’s Karl Urban (Star Trek) and Michael Ealy; The 100’s Henry Ian Cusick (Lost); The Tomorrow People‘s Robbie Amell and showrunners will be at ComicCon 2013 in San Diego, July 17th to 21st.
- Friday, June 21st – Movie World War Z in theatres, featuring The Killing‘s Mireille Enos as Brad Pitt’s wife.
- Friday, June 21st – The Killing films season 3 finale at a house near Queens Park in New Westminster. Mireille Enos, Joel Kinnaman & Elias Koteas on set.
- Friday, June 21st – The Province’s Alex Strachan interviews Hugh Dillon of The Killing and Continuum.
- Thursday, June 20th – ABC Studios announces Once Upon a Time and Once Upon a Time in Wonderland casts and showrunners will be at ComicCon 2013 in San Diego on Saturday, July 20th. Read More »WEEK: June 17-23, 2013
World War Z
The Killing’s dynamic detective duo Stephen Holder (Joel Kinnaman) and Sarah Linden (Mireille Enos) did a walk and talk today south along Main Street towards the Cobalt Hotel in Vancouver, so that noted foodie Holder could pick up a slice from Pizzeria Farina. I’m kidding about Holder being a gourmand but several funny Holderisms have been about food — like him calling Chinese takeout “fu manchu poo poo MSG crap” while arguing that “pickles are vegetables”.
In rehearsal, Joel Kinnaman looked more like Robocop (his upcoming feature film) than Holder in a navy t-shirt until he put on the bulky Holder hoodie and jacket, while Mireille Enos (who plays Brad Pitt’s wife in the upcoming World War Z) was unmistakably the Sarah Linden we remember, with her russet hair tied back and the Scandinavian sweater under a black coat. During breaks from filming the scene the two leads laughed and joked, but didn’t crack a single smile while in character until Mireille Enos messed up a take. [Why all the seriousness? Perhaps because the season 3 case is about a serial killer who preys on street kids. Link to trailer: “Monster on the Loose. 17 Victims and Counting”.]