Saturday, July 20, 2013. 11:00 a.m.-11:45 a.m. Ballroom 20.
- Sneak peek of season three shown at the end of the panel with first look at the red-headed Little Mermaid, Ariel, from showrunners Eddy Kitsis and Adam Horowitz. She steals a fork from Grumpy (Lee Arenberg)’s lunch.
- Season 3 will be focused mainly on the “Jolly Roger gang” — Emma (Jennifer Morrison), Snow (Ginnifer Goodwin), Charming (Josh Dallas), Rumple (Robert Carlyle), Regina (Lana Parrilla) and Hook (Colin O’Donoghue) — and their bid to save Henry (Jared Gilmore) from Peter Pan. We will see different parts of Neverland during their search, some from the book but others that will be surprising. “It’s a place where imagination comes from and anything can happen,” Kitsis told fans.
- Peter Pan has a “complicated motivation” and he might be “frightening” to some. #SaveHenry
- We will meet Peter Pan’s fairy sidekick Tinkerbell in season 3 but with a Once Upon a Time spin on the character. And she will have a connection with one of the other characters at Comic-Con, but not the obvious Captain Hook.
- Cast joked about the various shipper couples like #SwanFire and #SwanCaptain. Baelfire (Michael Raymond-James) and Captain Hook offered to fight it out over Emma at the panel. Kitsis and Horowitz also spoke of two other shipper groups, explaining to #SwanQueen fans that while they’re writing Emma and Regina as strong female characters, who both love Henry, there is no intentional SwanQueen action, And to #CaptainFire fans that while Hook and Bae are not getting together (contrary to photo above) there will be a gay character introduced at some point. Snow and Charming are “solid” but long-suffering #RumBelle fans.will have to keep waiting for their happy ending since Rumple is in Neverland and Belle back in Storybrooke. Does Belle become Mayor in their absence? And if so, how will Regina feel about that? “My favourite kill is coming up in Season 3,” Lana Parrilla teased fans.
- Showrunners confirmed that Once Upon a Time will air in two blocks of eleven episodes: first block in the fall and the second in the spring.
- Once Upon a Time premieres on Sunday, September 29th, with the hashtag #Neverland of course.