Sunday, July 21, 2013. 10:00 a.m.-11:00 a.m. Hall H.
- A surprise guest appearance by geek goddess Felicia Day (Charlie Bradbury) on stage. Jensen Ackles (Dean Winchester) pretends to run away from her but lesbian Charlie and Dean are BFFs on screen and off. Day credits Supernatural producers for creating a character like hers, a female geek with a “Teflon vagina”.
[sz-youtube url=”http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1lOsPFw3xc” /]
- A highlight reel from season 8, which ended with Sam and Dean Winchester watching angels fall from heaven in a spectacular visual effect. And then a sneak peek of the season 9 season premiere, some of which was filmed on the “Falling Skies” set underneath the 2nd Narrows Bridge in North Vancouver. Showrunner Jeremy Carver tells fans that the Winchesters will be “knee-deep in angel problems” because a world with fallen angels is “pretty much a free-for-all” with angels carrying out their own agendas in a “dirty, bloody, scary” and “very human world”.
- And what of Castiel (Misha Collins) now that Metatron has robbed him of his grace? Cas will have to adjust to being human and living without his powers. Someone asked if Dean will let Cas drive the Impala now? Absolutely not, Jensen Ackles retorted and then joked about not liking it when the “teamsters drive it to set”.
- Will the King of Hell Crowley (Mark Sheppard) be spending some time in the Men of Letters’ dungeon?
- No surprise appearance from Jim Beaver on the panel and everyone is mum about how he returns but #BobbysBack in season 9.
- Supernatural season 9 premieres Tuesday, October 8th, on The CW. [A week earlier than announced].