No one escapes Beacon 23 with their sanity. Toronto-filmed Beacon 23, a sci-fi drama starring Lena Headey and Stephan James trapped on a remote lighthouse… Read More »Toronto-Filmed BEACON 23 With Lena Headey & Stephan James Premieres on MGM+
SEASON 11: THE X-FILES Fox Mulder (David Duchovny) and Erika Price (Barbara Hershey) On Set in Vancouver
Fox Mulder is on set. For the season 11 premiere of The X-Files. And he’s not looking too bad considering how we last saw him.… Read More »SEASON 11: THE X-FILES Fox Mulder (David Duchovny) and Erika Price (Barbara Hershey) On Set in Vancouver
A Once Upon a Time good vs evil showdown played out right in front of me in Steveston in mid-January. From a window seat inside Storybrooke Coffee (Steveston Coffee) behind Regina (Lana Parrilla) & Cora (Barbara Hershey) — holding the Dark One’s dagger — I watched as mother-and-daughter blew the door off Mr. Gold’s. Crew simply asked us not to stare at the camera when it was set up in Mr. Gold’s doorway.
And we kept watching as crew carried stunt mats into Mr. Gold’s for the big sword fight throwdown inside with cast and stunt doubles.
GOOD (Jennifer Morrison, Michael Raymond-James, Josh Dallas and Ginnifer Goodwin)
Is Storybrooke offering weekly tours of Captain Hook’s pirate ship? It sure seems so. Ever since Hook (Colin O’Donoghue) and Cora (Barbara Hershey) sailed through a portal into this sequestered town in Maine at the end of the mid-season finale, we’ve seen a parade of townsfolk visiting the ship from the kidnapped Archie (Raphael Sbarge) to the uninvited RumBelle (Robert Carlyle & Emilie de Ravin) to the kidnapped Giant (Jorge Garcia), who’ll show up when the show returns with new episodes in February.
I’ve also spotted Charming (Josh Dallas), Snow (Ginnifer Goodwin), Emma (Jennifer Morrison), Henry (Jared Gilmore), Grumpy (Lee Arenberg), Regina (Lana Parrilla) and others too spoilery to mention on board since late last year when Once Upon a Time started filming scenes on this new floating set at the Britannia Heritage Shipyard Park in Steveston south of Vancouver.
The priate ship set is a truncated version of the Tall Ship Lady Washington which first appeared in Fairytale Land flashbacks of Captain Hook on his pirate ship — the Lady Washington is the exact same ship used in the first Pirates of the Caribbean movie when it was known as the HMS Interceptor, the fastest ship in the Caribbean. It looked magnificent as Captain Hook’s ship sailing up Howe Sound Read More »SET: ONCE UPON A TIME Films on its Floating Pirate Ship Set in Steveston
- Sunday, January 20th – The Giant is Back. Once Upon a Time promo for 2×13 Tiny & my photos of Jorge Garcia as the Giant in Steveston. Airs in three weeks on February 10th.
- Sunday, January 20th – Once Upon a Time airs 2×12 In the Name of the Brother featuring black-and-white Frankenstein flashbacks and the present-day problem of an outsider in Storybrooke
- Friday, January 18th – Fringe‘s stunning 2-hour series finale. 5×12 Liberty features Broyles (in Harbour Green Park) telling Fringe team that boy being held in detention at Liberty Island; Olivia suggesting she bypass security by crossing over to alt-universe Liberty Island; Walter hauling out cracked Window into Another World to see what Liberty Island (in Coal Harbour) looks like in alt-universe 2036; Olivia getting painful injections of cortexiphan and then crossing over & getting unfriendly welcome at Fringe Division HQ (Vancouver Public Library); Fauxlivia getting call about Olivia while out to dinner (at Rice ‘N Spice) with her husband Lincoln Lee; and Olivia & Fauxlivia bringing the boy back from Liberty Island to Battery Park (Coal Harbour) where Olivia & boy will cross back over. 5×13 features Broyles captured (under Cambie Bridge) by Observers & Loyalist soliders; an explosive battle against Windmark & Co. (on Port Metro Vancouver land) and final scenes at a POlivia house (in Burnaby) all directed by Fringe showrunner Joel Wyman.
- Friday, January 18th – Once Upon a Time films more of big fight inside Mr. Gold’s in Steveston.
- Friday, January 18th – Vancouver detective series Motive films near Granville and King Edward.
- Friday, Janary 18th – Commercial films at Broadway Plaza.
- Thursday, January 17th – Once Upon a Time films on its floating pirate ship set at Britannia Heritage Shipyard Park and inside Mr. Gold’s in Steveston.
- Thursday, January 17th – TVLine gets Sneak Peek at The CW promo images of Supernatural 1×12 As Time Goes By featuring Gil McKinney as Sam & Dean’s paternal grandfather Henry
- Thursday, January 17th – TVLine gets First Look at The CW promo images of Arrow 1×12 Vertigo featuring Seth Gabel as “The Count”, a nefarious drug dealerRead More »WEEK: January 14-20, 2013
Dr. Victor Frankenstein (David Anders)’s black-and-white world of horrors returns in flashbacks on next Sunday’s Once Upon a Time, as he tries to convince his father Alphonse (Gregory Itzin) that he can resurrect the dead. Does this have something to do with the doctor’s brother (Chad Michael Collins)? Meanwhile, in present-day Storybrooke, Dr. Whale (also David Anders) must perform surgery on the Outsider (Ethan Embrey) who crashed across the town border at the end of last night’s episode. What’s to be done with him?
Here’s the ABC logline:
While Dr. Whale treats the outsider, the townspeople decide what to do with the man who may know Storybrooke’s secret. Meanwhile, Cora meets with her daughter and Gold tries to meet with Belle. In another world, Victor tries to convince his father Alphonse that he can bring back the dead.
And here are some promo stills of Rumple/Mr. Gold (Robert Carlyle), Snow/Mary Margaret (Ginnifer Goodwin) and Charming/David (Josh Dallas) at the Storybrooke border trying to comfort a frightened Belle (Emilie de Ravin) with no memories of any of them.
Modern fairy tale series Once Upon a Time starts filming its fifteenth episode of season two called The Queen is Dead today in the Vancouver area… Read More »PROMOS: ONCE UPON A TIME 2×10 The Cricket Game Promo and Teasers – Updated