So that weighted dummy crashing through a windshield on Homer Street last February was Vancouver whydunit Motive’s season three finale Victim Maria Snow (Luisa D’Oliveria).… Read More »TONIGHT: Vancouver Whydunit MOTIVE’s Victim Stunt Fall for Season 3 Finale
Why are Starling City police pointing guns at Quentin Lance (Paul Blackthorne) and Oliver Queen (Stephen Amell)? That was the first scene Arrow filmed around… Read More »SHOOT: ARROW’s The Huntress vs Black Canary at Belkin House as Starling City Courthouse for 2×17
- Sunday, June 30th – The Killing 3×06 Eminent Domain airs on AMC – Linden (Mireille Enos) & Holder (Joel Kinnaman) talk to the victim who got away; Seward (Peter Sarsgaard) faces his past; Bullet (Bex Taylor Klaus) struggles with the truth while in “The Jungle”.
- Sunday, June 30th – Falling Skies 3×05 Search and Recover airs on TNT – Frenemies Tom (Noah Wyle) & Pope (Colin Cunningham) on their own in fight against Skitters.
- Saturday, June 29th – Primeval: New World 1×04 airs on Syfy in the U.S.: B.C. Bud, Leggy & guest star Patrick Gilmore.
- Saturday, June 29th – Stunt Team for The Tomorrow People with Robbie Amell (same Stunt Team as Arrow with Stephen Amell) has first concept meeting ahead of the start of filming on July 17th. #AmellWednesdays
- Saturday, June 29th – Final day (June 27-29) of AFCI Locations Show in Los Angeles where the Hollywood Reporter says more than 100 film commissions from around the world go to lure American productions to their cities using beautiful locations and tax incentives as bait.
- Friday, June 28th – Continuum 2×04 airs on Syfy in the U.S. Who’s wearing the other super suit? Guest star Patrick Gilmore.
- Friday, June 28th – The CW airs Cult final episodes 1×08 and 1×09, starring Matt Davis, in a two-hour block.
- Friday, June 28th – Psych films inside CBC Vancouver in the afternoon and evening.
- Friday, June 28th – Psych’s season 8 of filming in Vancouver extended to August 23rd via BC production list.
- Friday, June 28th – Arrow stunt team has its first concept meeting for season 2 ahead of the start of filming on July 10th.
- Friday, June 28th – EW reports that Once Upon a Time in Wonderland will be more than 13 episodes but less than 22 as showrunners plot a season-long arc with a beginning, middle and end. And if that works there’ll be a second season-long arc. Filming starts July 31st.
- Friday, June 28th – Bates Motel showrunner Carlton Cuse tweets that Season 1 Blu-ray and DVD will be available September 17th. Filming of second season here starts July 24th.
- Friday, June 28th – Deadline NY reports Terence Stamp joining the Tim Burton movie Big Eyes, starring Amy Adams and Christoph Waltz as the painter Margaret Keane and her husband Walter. Filming begins July 8th.
- Friday, June 28th – Hollywood Reporter article on new Canadian indie film about Eadweard Muybridge. which starts filming next week in Vancouver, with a stellar BC Film cast led by Michael Eklund, Sara Canning, Jodi Balfour, Ian Tracey, Christopher Heyerdahl and Torrance Combs. Directed by Kyle Rideout and produced by Josh Epstein.
- Thursday, June 27th – Vancouver whydunnit Motive 1×04 Against All Odds airs on ABC in the U.S. with guest star Peter New.
- Thursday, June 27th – Psych has night shoot inside CBC Vancouver.
- Thursday, June 27th – King & Maxwell films at Belkin House downtown.
- Thursday, June 27th – U.S. Military vs Godzilla moves on from Vancouver Area & Vancouver Island as main unit wraps a three-month-plus shoot here.
- Thursday, June 27th – IGN interview with Almost Human showrunner J.H. Wyman reveals the new sci-fi series’ Vancouver crew is the same, to a person, as former Fringe crew. Read More »WEEK: June 24-30, 2013
- Sunday, April 21st – Continuum 2×01 debuts on Showcase. Invisible fighting at CBC Vancouver parking garage. Shown to be Kiera (Rachel Nichols) in her black high-tech cat suit. Mayor shot at Vancouver Public Library. Kiera meets Carlos (Victor Webster) at Vanier Park with the Burrard Bridge and West End as backdrop. And the crime scene for mayor shot at Vancouver Public Library with Kiera & Carlos on set. Kiera later investigates the kill shot with her head tech and points to the apartment it came from. Kiera and Alec (Erik Knudsen) talk at Vanier Park. And the final VFX by Artifex: a time lapse of sea level rising in English Bay and dam being built while West End skyline changes.
- Sunday, April 21st – Once Upon a Time 2×19 Lacey: Father-and-son (Bae & Henry) have play swordfight watched by grandfather Rumplestiltskin, who chooses that moment to tell Regina that Henry is his grandson. Regina takes revenge by turning Belle into her cursed self, the scantily-clad barfly Lacey. Plus unexpected guest star Jorge Garcia back as Anton and introducing Tom Ellis as Robin Hood and Wil Traval as the Sheriff of Nottingham.
- Sunday,April 21st – Deadline’s Primetime Pilot Panic: The Latest Buzz gives CBS pilot Intelligence a nod because of its “hunky actor” Josh Holloway & deems CBS pilot Backstrom with Rainn Wilson “a wild card”. Fox pilot Human with Karl Urban is called “strong”. ABC pilot Big Thunder & presentation OnceWonderland have buzz & preliminary good notices because in house. The CW pilot The 100 has lost steam but still in contention, Deadline says. But no mention of NBC pilot I Am Victor with John Stamos or The CW pilot Blink.
- Sunday, April 21st – Second day of Fan Expo Vancouver at Canada Place.
- Sunday, April 21st – Lord of the Rings actor & Fan Expo Vancouver guest Sean Astin wears Boston shirt in Vancouver Sun Run to honour the Boston Marathon victims
- Sunday, April 21st – Arrow wraps filming of its first hit season early in the morning.
- Saturday, April 20th – Arrow films fight scene with Stephen Amell on the Hudson’s Bay rooftop overnight. Photos to come.
- Saturday, April 20th – Simon Pegg’s Hector and the Search for Happiness wraps filming here after a three-day shoot (April 18-20) in a Yaletown penthouse.
- Saturday, April 20th – First day of Fan Expo Vancouver at Canada Place. YVRShoots series: Continuum panel & Cosplay.
- Friday, April 19th – Godzilla films at old paper recycling plant in Coquitlam on Fraser River.
- Thursday, April 18th – Supernatural wraps filming of season eight.
- Thursday, April 18th – Bravo pilot Rita with Anna Gunn films at the University of British Columbia.
- Thursday, April 18th – Continuum films at CBC Vancouver.
- Thursday, April 18th – PaleyFest announces Bates Motel evening on May 10th – Reimagining a Cinema Icon – with cast Vera Farmiga, Freddie Highmore, Max Thieriot, Nestor Carbonell, Olivia Cooke, Nicola Peltz and showrunners Carlton Cuse and Kerry Ehrin.
- Wednesday, April 17th – Season two finale of Arctic Air goes interactive on CBC. Krista (Pascale Hutton) breaks up with Bobby (Adam Beach) at the airport. Read More »WEEK: April 15-21, 2013
- Sunday, March 17th – Red Widow 1×04 The Escape with Radha Mitchell, Goran Visnjic and Wil Traval.
- Sunday, March 17th – Welcome to Storybrooke circa 1983 on Once Upon a Time 2×17. Except if you’re an outsider. Then not so welcome. And you might end up the target of a high-speed chase by Sheriff Graham (Jamie Dornan) & Regina (Lana Parrilla).
- Sunday, March 17th – News of Rainn Wilson (The Office) cast as lead in Hart Hanson’s CBS pilot Backstrom.
- Friday, March 15th – Once Upon a Time films Jennifer Morrison & Michael Raymond-James on Third Beach in Stanley Park for 2×21
- Friday, March 15th – Arrow films flashback scenes with Stephen Amell & Katie Cassidy & Oliver’s parents at Harbour Cruises in Coal Harbour for 1×21.
- Friday, March 15th – The Killing films in Langley.
- Friday, March 15th – CBS pilot Intelligence starts filming at Deer Lake Park in Burnaby. Josh Holloway not on set.
- Friday, March 15th – Cult 1×04 with Matt Davis on The CW.
- Thursday, March 14th – Vancouver played Toronto for Motive 1×06 Detour with scenes filmed at the Victorian Hotel as a Toronto apartment building and Belkin House as a Toronto police station.
- Thursday, March 14th – Continuum‘s Eric Knudsen & Ian Tracey film at Catch-122 restaurant on West Hastings downtown.
- Thursday, March 14th – CW pilot The 100 w/ Thomas McDonell as one of 100 juvenile delinquents sent back to Earth after nuclear war starts filming on its Langley set.
- Thursday, March 14th – Supernatural films in Riverview in Coquitlam.
- Thursday, March 14th – News that Arrow‘s Stephen Amell, Colin Donnell, Willa Holland, Paul Blackthorne & showrunners, & Falling Skies‘s Drew Roy, Sarah Carter, Seychelle Gabriel & showrunner Remi Aubuchon will be at WonderCon in Anaheim in late March. Schedule.
- Thursday, March 14th – News that Amanda Tapping of Sanctuary, Stargate SG1 will direct second season’s 12th episode of Continuum.
- Wednesday. March 13th – Psych‘s Big Foot episode directed by star James Roday airs on the USA Network.
- Wednesday, March 13th – FOX pilot Human starts filming inside empty bank building on West Pender downtown. Karl Urban on set. Productions signs BELLY pay tribute to Fringe.
- Wednesday, March 13th – Continuum films in Woodward’s Building downtown.
- Wednesday, March 13th – Once Upon a Time films scenes at the Steveston Cannery and on Moncton St. with Jennifer Morrison, Michael Raymond-James, Robert Carlyle, Emilie de Ravin and David Anders (on his knees as he tweeted).
- Wednesday, March 13th – Constellation Award nominations for Continuum, Fringe, Once Upon a Time, Primeval: New World, Supernatural, Jared Padalecki, Jensen Ackles, Read More »WEEK: March 11-17, 2013
CTV promoted Vancouver crime drama Motive from Sunday nights to Thursday nights this week, with downtown Vancouver playing Toronto in the sixth episode of the whydunit The killer in Detour is a Toronto police officer named Barry Ketchum (Aidan Devine) who commits the murder on the west coast and is tracked back to Ontario by Vancouver homicide detective Angie Flyn (Kristin Lehman). Crew filmed a scene on Homer Street last December of Ketchum arriving home from the airport in a prop Toronto taxi with the Victorian Hotel as his Toronto apartment building. And filmed other scenes of Detective Flyn confronting Ketchum inside Belkin House as his Toronto police station. Add a few green screens of the CN Tower and Motive did a credible job of faking Toronto in Vancouver.
Published March 26, 2012 on Vancouver is Awesome
In 1963 the prisoners on Alcatraz disappeared. Now they’re coming back. You won’t believe what happens next on Alcatraz. – teases FOX’s Alcatraz Highlight Reel for the two-hour season finale tonight, almost all of it filmed in rain-drenched Vancouver, except for two-and-a-half minutes of a Bullitt-inspired car chase filmed on the sun-drenched streets of San Francisco.
The 13-episode first season of Alcatraz tells the saga of a secret agency dedicated to finding and catching inmates from the infamous San Francisco prison gone missing 50 years ago and reappearing today. It stars petite blonde-bobbed Sarah Jones as police detective Rebecca Madsen; Jorge Garcia from Lost as her partner, Alcatraz expert Dr. Diego “Doc” Soto; and Sam Neill as Emerson Hauser, her mysterious boss with a past life on Alcatraz. The fourth person of interest in this secret squad is Hauser’s equally mysterious partner Lucy Banerjee, played by Parminder Nagra of ER, who was shot by the sniper convict Ernest Cobb during the second episode and then revealed to have her own past life on Alcatraz as hasn’t-aged-a-day psychiatrist-to-the-inmates Dr. Lucille Sengupta.
Showrunners teased several big moments ahead of tonight’s finale during the Alcatraz panel at WonderCon over the March break, including Lucy’s reintegration back into present day after finally waking up from her coma. Below is Parminder Nagra filming scenes with Jorge Garcia and Sam Neill in late February outside Belkin House downtown dressed as the MacAlister Institute. In the second photo there is little to suggest the romantic attachment which formed between Nagra and Neill’s characters in their past lives on Alcatraz, when Hauser was a young policeman. But I only caught part of their reunion.
The bigger reveal about tonight’s finale is that Sarah Jones’s Detective Madsen will chase after and confront her Alcatraz inmate grandfather Tommy Madsen in a Bullitt-inspired car chase filmed for three days in San Francisco (it took the crew of Bullitt nine days to film the original chase for the 1968 movie). I’d hoped that they’d use the Highland Green 1968 Ford Mustang 390 GT 2+2 Fastback that Jones’s character Rebecca Madsen has been driving in Vancouver — the exact colour, make and model of the Mustang that Steve McQueen drove in Bullitt — but I guess there wasn’t time to ship it down to San Francisco for the shoot or to rebuild it so that it could do the stunt driving.
FOX promo photos show a Deep Impact Blue 2013 Mustang GT speeding down a San Franciso hill. Sarah Jones did fly down to film scenes there but a stunt double did the driving. Jones hadn’t filmed in San Francisco since the pilot, which I wrote about in my first #YVRShoots series post on Alcatraz.