Sunday, June 2nd – Two-hour season 3 premiere of The Killing on AMC. A year after the Rosie Larsen case, Stephen Holder has cleaned up and buffed up to become Smolder (Joel Kinnaman after RoboCop role) and Sarah Linden (Mireille Enos) has left the Seattle police force and learned how to smile, living and working on Vashon Island (played by Bowen Island). Then Holder catches a case of a teen hooker with her head almost cut off, very like one of Linden’s old cases. But the convicted killer in Linden’s case is on death row (Peter Sarsgaard). Is someone new preying on Seattle street kids?
- Sunday, June 2nd – Vancouver cop-from-the-future series Continuum 2×06 Second Truths on Showcase: Kiera (Rachel Nichols) must use her knowledge of the future to stop a serial killer while keeping a curious Carlos (Victor Webster) in the dark but when Kiera’s life is threatened she realizes she could die without anyone knowing she ever existed so she shares her secrets with Carlos. Finally!
- Sunday, June 2nd – Continuum films over the weekend at the BCIT Aerospace campus in Richmond. Crew played parking lot hockey outside on a break today but filmed inside in the atrium. Wrap party on Monday.
- Friday, May 31st – Continuum films its season finale inside CBC Vancouver for the third day in a row (May 29-31)
- Friday, May 31st – More reshoots for Seventh Son – June 3 – 13th – on BC production list.
- Thursday, May 30th – YVRShoots Series: Brent Butt & Nancy Robertson Host Leo Awards on June 8th.
- Thursday, May 30th – Vancouver whydunnit Motive 1×003 Pushover airs on ABC.
- Thursday, May 30th – Godzilla has night shoot at Kent Hangar field with lights on lifts and giant inflatable green screens.
- Thursday, May 30th – Leo Awards announces special presentation to honour The Beachcombers: 357 episodes shot in Gibson’s Landing over 19 seasons & aired in 50 countries. Jackson Davies will represent the cast.
- Wednesday, May 29th – Psych season 7 finale. Anthony Michael Hall guest stars as police consultant brought in to interview Shawn (James Roday), Gus (Dulé Hill), Lassiter (Timothy Omundson) and Juliet (Maggie Lawson) about their shoddy police work. Explains why we’ve seen Lassie in uniform in season 8. He’s been demoted.
- Wednesday, May 29th – Psych turns half a block of Gastown into London to film Dule Hill’s Gus as a Hogwarts escapee from the Harry Potter movies and James Roday’s Shawn as a cowboy?
- Wednesday, May 29th – Final round of voting begins for CineCoup Final Five with six Vancouver teams — Alien Abduction, Bad, Scam, Grade Nine, The Fall & The Mill and the Mountain —vying for $1-million in produciton financing. YVRShoots Series
- Wednesday, May 29th – Rogue season finale 1×10 Killing Grace/ While Grace Read More »WEEK: May 27 – June 2, 2013
Caught a body this morning. Working girl.. . A Monster on the Loose. 17 Victims and Counting. [sz-youtube url=”http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DayOuvGUtcM&feature=youtu.be” /] Season Three should be renamed The… Read More »PROMO: THE KILLING Season 3 Promo – Monster
Update: Turns out ferry worker Cody is Sarah Linden (Mireille Enos)’s boyfriend. She’s leaving him to return to the city to work on the street kid killings case. Their relationship ends in the car, as she tells him: “You don’t know me, I break things.”
The Killing crew did something last week I’ve never seen or heard of before — filmed a scene for the Seattle-set murder mystery on the car deck of a regular BC Ferries sailing from Bowen Island to Horseshoe Bay in West Vancouver. Pulling that off in a 20-minute crossing took some planning and assistance from BC Ferries. Prop Washington state cars for the show got priority loading ahead of regular vehicle traffic for the 5 p.m. sailing last Wednesday on the Queen of Capilano from Snug Cove. The camera crew walked on separately, climbed the stairs to the upper deck and set up to film half-a-dozen takes of a scene of a Seattle area Vashon Island ferry worker walking across the car deck and getting into the passenger seat of former Seattle Police detective Sarah Linden (Mireille Enos)’s car.
Season three of The Killing takes a place a year and a half after detectives Sarah Linden and Stephen Holder (Joel Kinnaman) arrested Rosie Larsen’s killer. Linden is no longer a detective but Holder’s “search for a runaway girl leads him to discover a gruesome string of murders that connects to a previous murder investigation by Linden”. Peter Sarsgaard co-stars as a death row inmate.
AMC resurrected The Killing for a third season of the Seattle-set murder mystery, which started filming twelve new episodes in Vancouver late last month. Last season our dynamic detective duo Sarah Linden (Mireille Enos) and Stephen Holder (Joel Kinnaman) had a tough time of it as they closed in on the Rosie Larsen killer: starting with Holder finding out he’d been set up to frame a Seattle mayoral candidate with a doctored toll booth photo and then getting beat up by thugs at the Wapi Eagle casino and left for dead, while Linden ditched her fiance, was suspended, lost custody of her son, got bashed on the head at the casino and committed to a psych ward for a day.Then they both went on the lam from the Seattle police force. No wonder Linden looked done-in walking away from the Larsen home in a final scene.
Events in the third season take place a year later when Detective Holder’s “search for a runaway girl leads him to discover a gruesome string of murders that connects to a previous murder investigation by [Sarah] Linden”, who is no longer a detective. Here she is filming a scene with her son Jack (Liam James). TVLine memorably named her the worst parent on TV in 2012. I have no context for this scene, but is that a smile on Linden’s face? The Killing filmed two scenes in Snug Cove on Bowen Island last week dressed as Vashon-Maury Island, which is within commuting distance of Seattle by ferry.
[sz-youtube url=”http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7m657-K0hyk&feature=youtu.be” /]
- Sunday, March 10th – Red Widow 1×03 The Consignment starring Radha Mitchell and Goran Visnjic has scene of youngest cast member Jakob Salvati doing own stunt near Victory Square dowtown.
- Sunday, March 10th – Motive 1×05 Public Enemy about murder of health food guru starring Kristin Lehman and Louis Ferreira.
- Sunday, March 10th – Once Upon a Time 1×16 The Miller’s Daughter. Emma, Bae, Henry and the dying Rumple sail from Manhattan to Storybrooke, aka Steveston pirate ship set. Big sword fight showdown — Good vs Evil — inside Mr. Gold’s in Steveston. Who will die? #onewilldie.
- Sunday, March 10th – TV movie Window Wonderland with Chyler Leigh of Grey’s Anatomy films outside Holt Renrew downtown for 3rd day in a row.
- Saturday, March 9th – Arrow panel at PaleyFest with Stephen Amell, Katie Cassidy, David Ramsey, Susannah Thompson & executive producers. From panel: Amell cast with his shirt on! Malcolm Merlyn (John Barrowman) is “evil Bruce Wayne”. Expect slow build to Black Canary and Speedy (Colton Haynes). Mysterious genre guest star coming. Not as much as VFX as you’d think except for the arrows — all CGIed.
- Saturday, March 9th – Stunt rehearsals with Josh Holloway on Fraser River for CBS pilot Intelligence.Photo from @SidneySewell.
- Saturday, March 9th – TV movie Window Wonderland with Chyler Leigh of Grey’s Anatomy films outside Holt Renfrew downtown
- Friday, March 8th – Arrow‘s David Ramsey films in The Pinnacle hotel and then at night Paul Blackthorne and Colton Haynes on The Pier aka Burrard Dry Dock Pier in North Vancouver.
- Friday, March 8th – The Killing films a night shoot in Gastown.
- Friday, March 8th – Cult airs on its new night. 1×03 has big stunt of train on Langley tracks hitting a car plus scenes of Matt Davis & Jessica Lucas at UBC.
- Friday, March 8th – Movie Robocop to do reshoots in Vancouver not Toronto this May to accomodate star Joel Kinnaman who is filming season 3 of The Killing here. Via latest BC Production List.
- Friday, March 8th – Isaiah Washington (Dr. Burke from Grey’s Anatomy) joins cast of CW pilot The 100.
- Friday, March 8th – TV movie Winter Wonderland with Chyler Leigh of Grey’s Anatomy films outside Holt Renfrew downtown
- Thursday, March 7th – Once Upon a Time films Fairy Tale Land scenes in Robert Burnaby Park with Lana Parrilla Read More »WEEK: March 4-10, 2013
Published November 14, 2011 on Vancouver is Awesome. The Company You Keep is a political thriller starring Robert Redford as a former Weather Underground militant… Read More »BIG READ: Robert Redford’s THE COMPANY YOU KEEP with Shia LaBeouf