[sz-youtube url=”https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MWfsE1ZEQQ” /] Adapted from the Gayle Forman novel, If I Stay is about 17-year-old musician Mia (Chloe Grace Moretz) who lies in a coma after a… Read More »TRAILER: IF I STAY with Chloë Grace Moretz, Jamie Blackley & Mireille Enos
What better place to film a flashback of If I Stay’s 17-year-old musician Mia (Chloë Grace Moretz) than the Cobalt Hotel on Main Street? Crew… Read More »SHOOT: IF I STAY’s Chloë Grace Moretz Kisses Jamie Blackley at Cobalt Hotel Over and Over Again
- Sunday, April 28th – Vancouver cop-from-the -future series Continuum 2×02 airs on Showcase. Some of it filmed in Squamish with Rachel Nichols in a big helicopter scene. New York Times’s Neil Genzlinger wrote about his Squamish set visit in TV article praising the series.
- Sunday, April 28th – Red Widow 1×07 The Coke airs on ABC. Marta (Radha Mitchell) learns new information about her husband’s killer. Photos of one of the deaths filmed in Downtown Eastside alley.
- Sunday, April 28th – Once Upon a Time 2×20 The Evil Queen airs on ABC. Hook pretends to help Regina (Lana Parilla) with a plan to transport her and Henry (Jared Padalecki) back to Fairytale land. Big scene of Regina talking to Henry filmed in Steveston. And in flashbacks, the Evil Queen gets Rumplestiltskin to transform her into a peasant so she can kill Snow White (Ginnifer Goodwin). Village scenes were filmed in Robert Burnaby Park in Burnaby in front of visiting #EvilRegals fans (one from Mozambique). Look for opening scene of The Dark one (Robert Carlyle) & The Tramp (Emilie de Ravin) staggering out of the “Rabbit Hole” pub in Steveston too.
- Sunday, April 28th – Latest buzz from Deadline’s Primetime Pilot Panic says Wonderland (Once Upon a Time spinoff) “penciled in” and Big Thunder a “major contender” at ABC; I Am a Victor with John Stamos has a shot at NBC; Human with Karl Urban”still solid” at FOX; Intelligence with Josh Holloway and Backstrom with Rainn Wilson in the mix at CBS; The 100 still under consideration at The CW but no mention of Blink.
- Sunday, April 28th – Upcoming TNT series King & Maxwell preps Incendio in Gastown for before and after explosion shoots next week.
- Saturday, April 28th – Arrow‘s Colton Haynes attends the White House Correspondents Dinner. WHCD’s hilarious & apt hashtag is #nerdprom.
- Saturday, April 27th – King & Maxwell films downtown at two locations, the last at the Queen Elizabeth Theatre.
- Saturday, April 27th – ABC Christmas movie Christmas Bounty wraps three nights (April 25-27th) of overnight filming in holiday-decorated Coquitlam Centre mall.
- Friday, April 26th – Vancouver director Jeff Renfroe’s new Ice Age thriller The Colony opens nationwide in Canada. YVRShoots series interview with Renfroe.
- Friday, April 26th – Vancouver director Jesse James Miller’s endearing 1970s-set film Becoming Redwood premieres in Toronto at Cineplex Yonge & Dundas. YVRShoots series interview with Miller.
- Friday, April 26th – Robert Redford’s Weather Underground film The Company You Keep starring Shia LaBeouf and Redford opens in theatres. Filmed at Vancouver Art Gallery, Georgia Hotel and other locations around Vancouver.
- Friday, April 26th – Continuum films inside CBC Vancouver.
- Friday, April 26th – Arrow actors Byron Mann and Celina Jade featured in Vancouver Sun article about actors making it big in China.
- Friday, April 26th – Entertainment Weekly scoop about season 3 of Falling Skies.
- Friday, April 26th – Entertainment Weekly’s excusive season 3 trailer for The Killing features Peter Sarsgaard as death-row inmate.
- Thursday, April 25th – Joel Kinnaman & Mireille Enos film a walk-and-talk for The Killing near Cobalt Hotel on Main Street. Then moved into parking lot behind for scene in car.
- Thursday, April 25th – Continuum films inside CBC Vancouver and on Cambie Street.
- Thursday, April 25th – Vancouver whydunit Motive 1×10 airs. Dustin Milligan guest-stars Read More »WEEK: April 22-28, 2013
The Killing’s dynamic detective duo Stephen Holder (Joel Kinnaman) and Sarah Linden (Mireille Enos) did a walk and talk today south along Main Street towards the Cobalt Hotel in Vancouver, so that noted foodie Holder could pick up a slice from Pizzeria Farina. I’m kidding about Holder being a gourmand but several funny Holderisms have been about food — like him calling Chinese takeout “fu manchu poo poo MSG crap” while arguing that “pickles are vegetables”.
In rehearsal, Joel Kinnaman looked more like Robocop (his upcoming feature film) than Holder in a navy t-shirt until he put on the bulky Holder hoodie and jacket, while Mireille Enos (who plays Brad Pitt’s wife in the upcoming World War Z) was unmistakably the Sarah Linden we remember, with her russet hair tied back and the Scandinavian sweater under a black coat. During breaks from filming the scene the two leads laughed and joked, but didn’t crack a single smile while in character until Mireille Enos messed up a take. [Why all the seriousness? Perhaps because the season 3 case is about a serial killer who preys on street kids. Link to trailer: “Monster on the Loose. 17 Victims and Counting”.]