New CTV series Sight Unseen gets a SAG-AFTRA waiver that allows it to film in Vancouver, without violating the terms of the strike.
Vancouver whydunit Motive, starring Kristin Lehman and Louis Ferreira as detectives, is expected to start filming its second season here on September 3rd. Renewed by… Read More »START DATE: Vancouver Whydunit MOTIVE Season Two Starts Filming September 3rd
Crimes of Mike Recket is about failed real estate agent Mike Recket (Nicholas Lea) whose beautiful, pampered wife Jasleen (Agam Darshi) has dumped him and barred access to their daughter. In a bid to solve his money woes, he tries to scam widow Leslie Kemper (Gabrielle Rose) so that when she goes missing, Recket becomes the lead detective (Paul Skrudland)’s prime suspect in her disappearance.
Agam Darshi, (below) won a Leo for her supporting performance in the film. Her next project: a co-starring role as tech expert Khali Bhatt in upcoming Toronto crime drama Played. Darshi was on stage at the CTV Upfront last week in Toronto, where the thirteen-episode series is filming from early May through September.
- Sunday, June 9th – Continuum 2×07 Second Degree airs on Showcase: Kiera (Rachel Nichols) & Carlos (Victor Webster) discover a juror on Julian (Richard Harmon)’s trial has been compromised and race to protect his family unaware that it’s part of a larger Liber8 plot to install Jim Martin (Tahmoh Penikett) as Mayor. Trial filmed at Vancouver Art Gallery. And Emily (Magda Apanowicz) reveals kick-ass fighting skills.
- Sunday, June 9th – The Killing 3×03 Seventeen airs on AMC: so named for 17 body bags Sarah Linden (Mireille Enos) finds near the “Picasso Drawing” of a grove of trees by Seward (Peter Sarsgaard)’s son Adrian. Stephen Holder (Joel Kinnaman) connects with Bullet and gets the name of a pimp who might have Callie. Ryan Robbins introduced as a John.
- Sunday, June 9th – Godzilla films third overnight in downtown New Westminster dressed as San Francisco, on 6th Street and Clarkson.
- Sunday, June 9th – The Killing closes the south bound lane of Burrard Bridge in the morning to film scenes, then moves to Main Street cafe and then Pender & Richards.
- Sunday, June 9th – Falling Skies 2-hour season 3 premiere airs on TNT. Tom (Noah Wyle) is president and father to a baby girl. Robert Sean Leonard joins the group.
- Sunday, June 9th – Entertainment Weekly’s set visit to Falling Skies S3 in Vancouver.
- Sunday, June 9th – Ratings for Primeval: New World debut on Syfy in the U.S. – a surprisingly strong 1.33 million on Saturday night.
- Saturday, June 8th – Godzilla films second overnight in downtown New Westminster dressed as San Francisco, this time on 6th Street from Carnovan down past Columbia Street.
- Saturday, June 8th – Comedy couple Brent Butt & Nancy Robertson host Leo Awards Gala Ceremony at Westin Bayshore Hotel. Continuum wins Best Dramatic Series and six other Leos. Arctic Air contingent owns red carpet. And Primeval: New World represents with three gorgeous cast.
- Saturday, June 8th – Primeval: New World debut on Syfy in the U.S.
- Saturday, June 8th – Ratings for Continuum S2 premiere on Syfy in the U.S. — a steady 1.42 million total viewers and 552,000 adults 18-49 on Friday night.
- Friday, June 7th – Leo Awards celebration ceremony. Simon Barry wins screenwriting award for Continuum‘s season one finale, End Times.
- Friday, June 7th – Godzilla second unit in overnight shoot in downtown New Westminster filming soldiers running up hill on Begbie Street dressed as San Francisco. Aaron Taylor-Johnson on set and lots and lots of smoke.
- Friday, June 7th – Continuum season 2 premiere on Syfy in the U.S.
- Thursday, June 6th – Supernatural star Jensen Ackles becomes a Dad. Wife Daneel gives birth to baby girl named Justice Jay Ackles, aka J2 orJJ Ackles.
- Thursday, June 6th – New trailer for Man of Steel starring Henry Cavil. And in interviews Cavill & Krypton Dad Russell Crowe talk about the problem of no fly in super suit.
- Thursday, June 6th – News from Bell Media Upfront in Toronto: CTV will reverse the Amell cousins’ Wednesday night block this fall and air it earlier than the CW with Robbie Amell’s The Tomorrow People at 7 p.m. before Stephen Amell’s Arrow at 8 p.m. In CanCon: new Toronto crime drama Players has Sanctuary’s Agam Darshi in cast.
- Thursday, June 6th – Psych films inside Caprice night club on Granville after doing quick establishing shot outside the Penthouse in the morning. Read More »WEEK: June 3-9, 2013
- Sunday, May 26th – Vancouver-cop-from-the-future series Continuum 2×05 Second Opinion airs on Showcase. Kiera (Rachel Nichols) has emotional breakdown on her son’s birthday which messes with her CMR. As if that wasn’t enough. Kiera is the target of a department mole hunt.
- Friday, May 24th – Godzilla main unit films in Steveston’s Finn Slough dressed as Japanese fishing village in nuclear quarantine zone.
- Friday, May 24th – Godzilla main unit films at USS Alameda set in Steveston’s Garry Point Park.
- Friday, May 24th – Neill Blomkamp’s Elysium starring Matt Damon & Jodie Foster makes Entertainment Weekly’s Summer Must List. In theatres on August 9th.
- Friday, May 24th – News that The CW will air final episodes of Cult in 2 hour blocks 8pm-10pm on June 28th, July 5th and July 12th.
- Thursday, May 23rd – Vancouver whydunnit Motive 1×02 Crimes of Passion airs on ABC network.
- Thursday, May 23rd – News that hometown comedy couple Brent Butt and Nancy Robertson to host Leo Awards Gala Ceremony.
- Thursday, May 23rd – Way of the Wicked starring Christian Slater and Peter Fanicelli films near Squamish in Minaty Bay on the Sea to Sky Highway.
- Thursday, May 23rd – Vancouver whydunit Motive settles into regular time slot on American network ABC but pre-empted locally by collapse of I-5 bridge over Skagit River near Seattle.
- Thursday, May 23rd – Continuum star Rachel Nichols tweets her thanks to episode director Amanda Tapping – Dear @amandatapping – being directed by you has been my favorite #Continuum experience. You are beautiful, brilliant & inspiring. Thank you.
- Thursday, May 23rd – Network Series Rankings: Once Upon a Time still a hit for ABC, ranking #17 in advertiser-coveted 18-49 demographic. Despite an uneven season, OUAT successfuly added Captain Hook (Colin O’Donoghue), the Jolly Roger and Neverland to its fictional worlds.
- Thursday, May 23rd – Godzilla 2nd unit films on Steveston docks dressed as San Francisco Fisherman’s Wharf for last time. Soldier stunt guys carry warhead.
- Thursday, May 23rd – Godzilla main unit snakes into Steveston’s Finn Slough dressed as Japanese fishing village in nuclear quarantine zone.
- Thursday, may 23rd – Godzilla main unit films on its USS Alameda set in Steveston’s Garry Point Park. A set which rocks & rolls like a Disney ride.
- Thursday, May 23rd – King & Maxwell with Jon Tenney & Rebecca Romijn films big scenes inside Pacific Central Station dressed as Washington, D.C. station with dozens Read More »WEEK: May 20-26, 2013
- Sunday, May 12th – Once Upon a Time season two finale. Hook (Colin O’Donoghue) rescues young Baelfire from the water in Neverland. Back in Storybrooke, Rumple (Robert Carlyle) and Henry (Jared Gilmore) learn from the Charmings (Ginnifer Goodwin, Jennifer Morrison & Josh Dallas) in the Kuno Garden that grownup Baelfire/Neal (Michael Raymond-James) is lost. Greg (Ethan Embry) and Tamara (Sonequa Martin-Green) activate the trigger in the curse. Hook sails away from Storybrooke on his ship after stealing a magic bean. Back in Neverland, Hook gives Baelfire to the Lost Boys. In Storybrooke, the Charmings and Regina (Lana Parrilla) stop the trigger but Henry is captured. They rush to the docks in time to see him taken through a portal to Neverland. Hook comes back with the Jolly Roger and magic bean and they set off through a portal too to rescue Henry. Meanwhile, the Lost Boys row young Baelfire ashore but let him live because he’s not the right boy. Who is? Turns out Peter Pan wants Henry. Oh and grownup Baelfire/Neal is alive.
- Sunday, May 12th – Vancouver-cop-from-the-future series Continuum 2×04 Kiera (Rachel Nichols) races to track down what she thinks is another time traveler and finds her but that’s not who’s wearing a high-tech suit from the future. SGU’s Patrick Gilmore is but as a costume.
- Sunday, May 12th – Leo Award Nominations: Film Becoming Redwood with 14 & TV series Continuum with 16 top the nominations. Arctic Air picks up 14; Arrow, 8 and Primeval: New World, 6.
- Sunday, May 12th – Movie Robocop fims inside the Vancouver Convention Centre dressed as OmniCorp. and has night shoot in alley off Victory Square downtown.
- Saturday, May 11th – Movie Robocop films inside the Vancouver Convention Centre dressed as OmniCorp in night shoot.
- Friday, May 10th – Joel Kinnaman as Robocop on his motorcycle near Olympic Cauldron at Vancouver Convention Centre dressed as OmniCorp in night shoot.
- Friday, May 10th – Bates Motel evening at Paley Center — Reimagining a Cinema Icon – with cast Vera Farmiga, Freddie Highmore, Max Thieriot, Nestor Carbonell, Nicola Peltz and showrunners Carlton Cuse and Kerry Ehrin.
- Friday, May 10th – Aaron Taylor-Johnson & Elizabeth Olsen film Godzilla in Massey Heights house in New Westminster.
- Friday, May 10th – The Killing films on Terminal Avenue and Station Street near Pacific Central Station.
- Friday, May 10th – Psych films on private property between Whiterock and Crescent Beach.
- Friday, May 10th – ABC orders Once Upon a Time in Wonderland to series with John Lithgow now voicing the White Rabbit but passes on pilot Big Thunder and Read More »WEEK: May 6-12, 2013
CTV renewed Vancouver crime drama Motive for a second season today. The #1 new Canadian series of the broadcast year is averaging 1.1 million viewers… Read More »RENEWED: Vancouver Whydunit MOTIVE Gets Second Season on CTV
- Sunday, May 5th – Red Widow finale The Hit 1×08 Convinced that Schiller (Goran Visnjic) murdered her husband, Marta (Radha Mitchell) asks for help with a revenge plot. But it turns out Schiller didn’t make her a widow. Her own father did because he didn’t want to lose his grandkids. Unfortunately no one tells Natalie (Erin Moriarty) who pulls a gun on Schiller in the final scene of the finale filmed at the Guiness Tower downtown last year.
- Sunday, May 5th – Continuum 2×03 Vancouver-cop-from-the-future Kiera (Rachel Nichols) investigates a new street drug she recognizes because her sister was hooked on it in the future. The scenes of Kiera finding her sister in a shanty town for the “emancipated” were filmed on a parkade rooftop in Gastown. In present day, Alec Sandler (Erik Knudsen)’s friends drop the drug on the CBC Plaza and rival Liber8 operatives and former lovers Sonya and Travis go to war using gangs as their weapons.
- Sunday, May 5th – Once Upon a Time 2×21 Young Baelfire (Dylan Schmid) is befriended by the Darling family of Peter Pan fame. Grownup Baelfire/Neal (Michael Raymond-James) intervenes in his father (Robert Carlyle)’s attempted stomping of Dr. Whale (David Anders( to impress Lacey (Emilie de Ravin); much needed talk between Emma (Jennifer Morrison) and grownup Baelfire/Neal takes place on Third Beach in Stanley Park, Meanwhile, Greg (Ethan Embry) and Tamara (Sonequa Martin Green) torture Regina (Lana Parilla) in Steveston cannery buildings.
- Sunday, May 5th – Feature film Robocop with Joel Kinnaman, which shot last summer in Toronto, films in SFU Woodward’s underground parking and later at Granville and Dunsmuir.
- Sunday May 5th – Words and Pictures with Clive Owen and Juliette Binoche scheduled to wrap filming in Vancouver, according to latest B.C. Production List.
- Friday, May 3rd – Falling Skies screens first half of its 2-hour premiere at EW’s Capetown Festival in Hollywood, followed by a Q&A with showrunner Remi Aubuchon and cast members Noah Wyle, Moon Bloodgood, Drew Roy and Maxim Knight. Season 3 scoop.
- Friday, May 3rd – EW has exclusive video of J.J. Abrams, Joel Wyman and John Noble talking about bringing closure to Fringe. One of the extras on the blu-ray/DVD for sale on Tuesday, May 7th.
- Friday, May 3rd – Robocop films on farm on Dyke Road in Richmond. Camera on crane spotted.
- Friday, May 3rd – Cedar Cove films in Deep Cove with Andie MacDowell walking on beach and on dock.
- Friday, May 3rd – Continuum films inside CBC Vancouver.
- Friday, May 3rd – ABC movie Christmas Bounty films at University of British Columbia.
- Friday, May 3rd – New poster for Man of Steel features Henry Cavill in Superman suit and cape.
- Friday, May 3rd – Tim Burton film Big Eyes with Christoph Waltz and Amy Adams scheduled to film here from July 8th to August 23rd, according to latest BC Production List.
- Thursday, May 2nd – Film accelerator Cinecoup‘s Top 15 announced. Vote to finance one of these films with $1 million. 6 from Vancouver: Alien Abduction, Bad, Grade Nine, SCAM, The Fall and The Mill and the Mountain.
- Thursday, May 2nd – Vancouver whydunit Motive 1×11 Brute Force airs on CTV, with Jarod Joseph as The Killer and Adrian Holmes as The Victim, Read More »WEEK: April 29 – May 5, 2013
Diggle (David Ramsey)’s obsession with vengeance against his brother’s killer Deadshot (Michael Rowe) leads to a falling out between the dynamic duo — Oliver Queen (Stephen Amell) and Diggle — tonight. Not because Oliver doesn’t share Diggle’s desire to take out the assassin, but because he has [different priorities.]
Arrow filmed Diggle meeting with federal agent Lyla (Audrey Marie Anderson) about Deadshot inside The Pinnacle Hotel in Read More »TONIGHT: Deadshot Returns on ARROW 1×20 Home Invasion