- Sunday, April 28th – Vancouver cop-from-the -future series Continuum 2×02 airs on Showcase. Some of it filmed in Squamish with Rachel Nichols in a big helicopter scene. New York Times’s Neil Genzlinger wrote about his Squamish set visit in TV article praising the series.
- Sunday, April 28th – Red Widow 1×07 The Coke airs on ABC. Marta (Radha Mitchell) learns new information about her husband’s killer. Photos of one of the deaths filmed in Downtown Eastside alley.
- Sunday, April 28th – Once Upon a Time 2×20 The Evil Queen airs on ABC. Hook pretends to help Regina (Lana Parilla) with a plan to transport her and Henry (Jared Padalecki) back to Fairytale land. Big scene of Regina talking to Henry filmed in Steveston. And in flashbacks, the Evil Queen gets Rumplestiltskin to transform her into a peasant so she can kill Snow White (Ginnifer Goodwin). Village scenes were filmed in Robert Burnaby Park in Burnaby in front of visiting #EvilRegals fans (one from Mozambique). Look for opening scene of The Dark one (Robert Carlyle) & The Tramp (Emilie de Ravin) staggering out of the “Rabbit Hole” pub in Steveston too.
- Sunday, April 28th – Latest buzz from Deadline’s Primetime Pilot Panic says Wonderland (Once Upon a Time spinoff) “penciled in” and Big Thunder a “major contender” at ABC; I Am a Victor with John Stamos has a shot at NBC; Human with Karl Urban”still solid” at FOX; Intelligence with Josh Holloway and Backstrom with Rainn Wilson in the mix at CBS; The 100 still under consideration at The CW but no mention of Blink.
- Sunday, April 28th – Upcoming TNT series King & Maxwell preps Incendio in Gastown for before and after explosion shoots next week.
- Saturday, April 28th – Arrow‘s Colton Haynes attends the White House Correspondents Dinner. WHCD’s hilarious & apt hashtag is #nerdprom.
- Saturday, April 27th – King & Maxwell films downtown at two locations, the last at the Queen Elizabeth Theatre.
- Saturday, April 27th – ABC Christmas movie Christmas Bounty wraps three nights (April 25-27th) of overnight filming in holiday-decorated Coquitlam Centre mall.
- Friday, April 26th – Vancouver director Jeff Renfroe’s new Ice Age thriller The Colony opens nationwide in Canada. YVRShoots series interview with Renfroe.
- Friday, April 26th – Vancouver director Jesse James Miller’s endearing 1970s-set film Becoming Redwood premieres in Toronto at Cineplex Yonge & Dundas. YVRShoots series interview with Miller.
- Friday, April 26th – Robert Redford’s Weather Underground film The Company You Keep starring Shia LaBeouf and Redford opens in theatres. Filmed at Vancouver Art Gallery, Georgia Hotel and other locations around Vancouver.
- Friday, April 26th – Continuum films inside CBC Vancouver.
- Friday, April 26th – Arrow actors Byron Mann and Celina Jade featured in Vancouver Sun article about actors making it big in China.
- Friday, April 26th – Entertainment Weekly scoop about season 3 of Falling Skies.
- Friday, April 26th – Entertainment Weekly’s excusive season 3 trailer for The Killing features Peter Sarsgaard as death-row inmate.
- Thursday, April 25th – Joel Kinnaman & Mireille Enos film a walk-and-talk for The Killing near Cobalt Hotel on Main Street. Then moved into parking lot behind for scene in car.
- Thursday, April 25th – Continuum films inside CBC Vancouver and on Cambie Street.
- Thursday, April 25th – Vancouver whydunit Motive 1×10 airs. Dustin Milligan guest-stars Read More »WEEK: April 22-28, 2013
Midseason ABC series Red Widow set up for a night shoot yesterday in the alley east of Oppenheimer Park in Vancouver’s Downtown Eastside. A crew van dropped off cast Wil Traval and Erin Cahill, who walked arms around one another to set, already in character for a romantic kiss that goes wrong. I don’t know why her character ended up crumpled on the ground but this is a Russian mob drama. And Wil Traval’s Irwin Lazarev is a Russian mobster. So there are going to be casualties.
- Sunday, October 21st – Captain Hook & Smee pillage Once Upon a Time in season two`s fourth episode called The Crocodile.
- Sunday, October 21st – Citytv’s Vancouver sitcom Package Deal tapes in front of a live audience in its Burnaby studio with cast Randal Edwards as bachelor Danny, Julia Voth as his girlfriend Kim and Hartland Williams and Jay Malone as Danny’s older brothers.
- Friday, October 19th – Psych wraps its 2-hour musical epsiode guest-starring Barry Bostwick and Ally Sheedy. An episode which has its own hash tag #PsychMusical.
- Friday, October 19th – Fringe pre-empted on FOX.
- Friday, October 19th – Red Widow films at the Terminal City Ironworks compound in east Vancouver with Radha Mitchell, Sterling Beaumont and Jakob Salvati .
- Friday, October 19th – Emily Owens, M.D. films at Lord Byng high school in Vancouver.
- Friday, October 19th – Once Upon a Time films morning scene at Deer Lake Park.
- Friday, October 19th – Once Upon a Time`s Snow (Ginnifer Goodwin) & Charming (Josh Dallas) grace the cover of Entertainment Weekly.
- Thursday, October 18th – Fringe films inside CBC Vancouver and then outside in a rainstorm on the Vancouver Art Gallery’s north plaza.
- Wednesday, October 17th – Jensen Ackles-directed Supernatural episode Heartache airs on The CW.
- Wednesday, October 17th – Arrow‘s second episode features Arrow vs China White showdown
- Wednesday, October 17th – Once Upon a Time films at Minerva Bay (where Hook’s pirate ship scenes shot for The Crocodile) Read More »WEEK: October 15-21, 2012
Midseason ABC series Red Widow — about San Francisco widow Marta Walraven forced to replace her mobster husband as head of a crime syndicate after his murder — filmed at its regular location in Lana Lou’s restaurant dressed as Cafe Rossiya in Vancouver’s Downtown Eastside today. Australian Radha Mitchell, who stars as the widow, stayed inside the restaurant along with Erin Moriarty as her daughter Natalie, Luke Goss (Hellboy II) as bodyguard Luther and Lee Tergesen (Oz) as mob foot soldier Steven Tomlin in the morning scenes.
After those wrapped, a Red Widow steadycam crew filmed an exterior scene of Wil Traval (someone I haven’t seen on set before) as Irwin Lazarev [talking to Erin Cahill’s character and then] walking to his car.