The feel-bad comedy of the year. Coming off Edmonton International Film Festival wins for Best Canadian Feature, Rising Star Award: Filmmmaking (Matthew Kowalchuk) and Rising… Read More »VIFF: Feel-Bad Comedy LAWRENCE & HOLLOMAN With Ben Cotton & Daniel Arnold
- Sunday, May 19th – RoboCop starring Joel Kinnaman wraps its fourth & final day (May 16-19) in the Washington Building at Vancouver Shipyards in North Vancouver, Standoff between heroes and villains with simulated gunfire. You could hear the pop, pop, pop sound nearby.
- Saturday, May 18th – Lexus commercial films in downtown Business District.
- Friday, May 17th – Amanda Tapping directs Continuum on Cambie St. and Arch Alley downtown. First a scene with Stephen Lobo and Magda Apanowicz on Cambie. And then a scene with Victor Webster and a corpse in the gravel parking lot off Arch Alley.
- Friday, May 17th – Globe and Mail: Election upset has BC Film industry reeling over lost taxbreaks
- Friday, May 17th – Lifetime series Witches of East End,starring Julia Ormond, back on BC Production List. New filming dates: July 16 to October 21.
- Thursday, May 16th – Godzilla terrorizes Steveston for third night shoot on docks dressed as San Francisco’s Fisherman’s Wharf.
- Thursday, May 16th – Vancouver whydunnit Motive season finale airs on CTV with Amanda Tapping guest starring as hot psychologist. Crime scene filmed in David Lam Park in Yaletown.
- Thursday, May 16th – YVRShoots Series – Four filmed-in-Vancouver American pilots Once Upon a Time in Wonderland, Almost Human with Karl Urban & Michael Ealy, Intelligence with Josh Holloway and The 100 make it to series. But Intelligence will film its series in Los Angeles not Vancouver.
- Thursday, May 16th – The CW Upfront: The CW becomes the Amell network with cousins Arrow star Stephen Amell & Tomorrow People star Robbie Amell on stage and sharing a childhood photo to a chorus of Awwwws from the audience. The network plans to break up Supernatural and Arrow on Wednesday nights by moving the Winchesters to Tuesdays at 9 p.m. and replacing them with Tomorrow People, a new show which may shift production to Vancouver. But picked up series The 100 is not expected to air until 2014. Here’s a trailer filmed in local forest.
- Thursday May 16th – Continuum films inside CBC Vancouver. Episode directed by Amanda Tapping.
- Thursday, May 16th – The Killing films at Riverview.
- Thursday May 16th – Falling Skies showrunner Remi Aubuchon announces he’s stepping down. David Eick from Battlestar Galactica will take over for season four.
- Wednesday, May 15th – Godzilla in Steveston. Night shoot on docks dressed as San Francisco’s Fisherman’s Wharf.
- Wednesday, May 15th – Supernatural season eight finale. Angels fall from Heaven.
- Wednesday, May 15th – Arrow‘s epic season finale. Throughout the taut episode almost every character looked like he/she was about to sacrifice themselves but ultimately Tommy (Colin Donnell) was the one who did, sacrificing himself to save the woman he loved, Lauren (Katie Cassidy). Archer showdown between Emerald Archer (Stephen Amell/stunt double) & Dark Archer (John Barrowman/stunt double) on Hudson’s Bay roof downtown. Read More »WEEK: May 13-19, 2013
Two Men. Two Bows. One Roof.
Emerald Archer vs Dark Archer for the season finale.
A late April rehearsal of Hudson’s Bay rooftop fight scene at dusk in downtown Vancouver, part of Arrow’s final shoot of the season.
Arrow has been building to the ultimate showdown between Oliver Queen (Stephen Amell) and Malcolm Merlyn (John Barrowman)’s alter egos for much of the season. Is this it? If so, who will be victorious? It didn’t look good for The Hood from my vantage high above in the Vancouver Lookout at Harbour Centre (often featured in Arrow cityscapes).
Update: The slumped figure near the open door turns out be Diggle (David Ramsey) in the season finale.
Rehearsing catching one of the Hood’s arrows.
- Sunday, April 21st – Continuum 2×01 debuts on Showcase. Invisible fighting at CBC Vancouver parking garage. Shown to be Kiera (Rachel Nichols) in her black high-tech cat suit. Mayor shot at Vancouver Public Library. Kiera meets Carlos (Victor Webster) at Vanier Park with the Burrard Bridge and West End as backdrop. And the crime scene for mayor shot at Vancouver Public Library with Kiera & Carlos on set. Kiera later investigates the kill shot with her head tech and points to the apartment it came from. Kiera and Alec (Erik Knudsen) talk at Vanier Park. And the final VFX by Artifex: a time lapse of sea level rising in English Bay and dam being built while West End skyline changes.
- Sunday, April 21st – Once Upon a Time 2×19 Lacey: Father-and-son (Bae & Henry) have play swordfight watched by grandfather Rumplestiltskin, who chooses that moment to tell Regina that Henry is his grandson. Regina takes revenge by turning Belle into her cursed self, the scantily-clad barfly Lacey. Plus unexpected guest star Jorge Garcia back as Anton and introducing Tom Ellis as Robin Hood and Wil Traval as the Sheriff of Nottingham.
- Sunday,April 21st – Deadline’s Primetime Pilot Panic: The Latest Buzz gives CBS pilot Intelligence a nod because of its “hunky actor” Josh Holloway & deems CBS pilot Backstrom with Rainn Wilson “a wild card”. Fox pilot Human with Karl Urban is called “strong”. ABC pilot Big Thunder & presentation OnceWonderland have buzz & preliminary good notices because in house. The CW pilot The 100 has lost steam but still in contention, Deadline says. But no mention of NBC pilot I Am Victor with John Stamos or The CW pilot Blink.
- Sunday, April 21st – Second day of Fan Expo Vancouver at Canada Place.
- Sunday, April 21st – Lord of the Rings actor & Fan Expo Vancouver guest Sean Astin wears Boston shirt in Vancouver Sun Run to honour the Boston Marathon victims
- Sunday, April 21st – Arrow wraps filming of its first hit season early in the morning.
- Saturday, April 20th – Arrow films fight scene with Stephen Amell on the Hudson’s Bay rooftop overnight. Photos to come.
- Saturday, April 20th – Simon Pegg’s Hector and the Search for Happiness wraps filming here after a three-day shoot (April 18-20) in a Yaletown penthouse.
- Saturday, April 20th – First day of Fan Expo Vancouver at Canada Place. YVRShoots series: Continuum panel & Cosplay.
- Friday, April 19th – Godzilla films at old paper recycling plant in Coquitlam on Fraser River.
- Thursday, April 18th – Supernatural wraps filming of season eight.
- Thursday, April 18th – Bravo pilot Rita with Anna Gunn films at the University of British Columbia.
- Thursday, April 18th – Continuum films at CBC Vancouver.
- Thursday, April 18th – PaleyFest announces Bates Motel evening on May 10th – Reimagining a Cinema Icon – with cast Vera Farmiga, Freddie Highmore, Max Thieriot, Nestor Carbonell, Olivia Cooke, Nicola Peltz and showrunners Carlton Cuse and Kerry Ehrin.
- Wednesday, April 17th – Season two finale of Arctic Air goes interactive on CBC. Krista (Pascale Hutton) breaks up with Bobby (Adam Beach) at the airport. Read More »WEEK: April 15-21, 2013