Crossover Part 2. Kate Kane told you to get out of Gotham City — Batwoman. The Flash, Arrow, Supergirl Crossover. Elseworlds Part 2 – Arrow.… Read More »DC CROSSOVER: BTS of THE FLASH, ARROW, SUPERGIRL Crossover With Kate Kane/Batwoman in Chicago
Stephen Amell’s Twitter. Updated: Stephen Amell wrapped filming of season 6 of Arrow in Vancouver around 4 a.m. last night. Arrow has another day of… Read More »SEASON 6: ARROW’s Stephen Amell Wraps Filming in Vancouver. With Guest Star Caity Lotz.
Who survived Adrian Chase’s destruction of Oliver Queen’s former Island prison Lian Yu? In the season premiere entitled Fallout we’ll find out the fates of Team… Read More »START: ARROW Season 6 With Stephen Amell Starts Filming in Vancouver
SHOOT: ARROW 100th Episode Starts Filming in Downtown Vancouver with Oliver Queen (Stephen Amell)’s Favorite Pea Coat
Katie Cassidy and Stephen Amell film the series premiere in Gastown. Oliver Queen’s favourite pea coat from the series premiere returns for Arrow’s 100th episode.… Read More »SHOOT: ARROW 100th Episode Starts Filming in Downtown Vancouver with Oliver Queen (Stephen Amell)’s Favorite Pea Coat
SHOOT: ARROW Season 5 Premiere Turns New Westminster City Hall into Star City Hall for Mayor Oliver Queen (Stephen Amell)
Paul Blackthorne/Instagram. Who’s the new Mayor at New Westminster City Hall? Oliver Queen. Arrow shot scenes for the season five premiere at New Westminster City… Read More »SHOOT: ARROW Season 5 Premiere Turns New Westminster City Hall into Star City Hall for Mayor Oliver Queen (Stephen Amell)
Arrow season 5 began filming today with Vancouver’s own James Bamford directing the first two episodes. It’s happening……welcome home. Season 5…..#ARROW. A photo posted by… Read More »START: ARROW With Stephen Amell Starts Filming Season 5 in Vancouver With James Bamford Directing
The Arrow Stunt Department spent most of last Friday rehearsing in the sunshine for an integrated stunt to be filmed later that night of star Stephen Amell and Hood stunt double Simon Burnett shooting a rope ascender arrow up in the air and then rising on the zipline several stories off the ground. I didn’t hear about the shoot until quite late because I expected Arrow to be filming on private Port Metro Vancouver land, not in the Downtown Eastside with a grandstand public view from the Hastings Overpass. It turned out to be a relatively private location though, because people don’t loiter in that part of east Hastings at night unless they’re hookers, pimps, dealers or locals. I was mistaken for one of these by a guy in a BMW and later had a lengthy, circular conversation with one of the locals about gentrification of the neighbourhood.
From the overpass, you could look down on the crane, wires, stunt mats and dozens of people who make up the Arrow Stunt Department. Two of the men behind the best stunts on TV were present: stunt coordinator J.J.Makaro, who picked up a Leo Award for stunt coordination of the Arrow pilot last month, and fight designer James “Bam Bam” Bamford, who won his own Leo for stunt co-ordination of Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn. Arrow’s stunt department is doing double duty this season, designing stunts for Arrow and new series The Tomorrow People starring Robbie Amell, for what is being called Amell Wednesdays on The CW.
- Sunday, May 19th – RoboCop starring Joel Kinnaman wraps its fourth & final day (May 16-19) in the Washington Building at Vancouver Shipyards in North Vancouver, Standoff between heroes and villains with simulated gunfire. You could hear the pop, pop, pop sound nearby.
- Saturday, May 18th – Lexus commercial films in downtown Business District.
- Friday, May 17th – Amanda Tapping directs Continuum on Cambie St. and Arch Alley downtown. First a scene with Stephen Lobo and Magda Apanowicz on Cambie. And then a scene with Victor Webster and a corpse in the gravel parking lot off Arch Alley.
- Friday, May 17th – Globe and Mail: Election upset has BC Film industry reeling over lost taxbreaks
- Friday, May 17th – Lifetime series Witches of East End,starring Julia Ormond, back on BC Production List. New filming dates: July 16 to October 21.
- Thursday, May 16th – Godzilla terrorizes Steveston for third night shoot on docks dressed as San Francisco’s Fisherman’s Wharf.
- Thursday, May 16th – Vancouver whydunnit Motive season finale airs on CTV with Amanda Tapping guest starring as hot psychologist. Crime scene filmed in David Lam Park in Yaletown.
- Thursday, May 16th – YVRShoots Series – Four filmed-in-Vancouver American pilots Once Upon a Time in Wonderland, Almost Human with Karl Urban & Michael Ealy, Intelligence with Josh Holloway and The 100 make it to series. But Intelligence will film its series in Los Angeles not Vancouver.
- Thursday, May 16th – The CW Upfront: The CW becomes the Amell network with cousins Arrow star Stephen Amell & Tomorrow People star Robbie Amell on stage and sharing a childhood photo to a chorus of Awwwws from the audience. The network plans to break up Supernatural and Arrow on Wednesday nights by moving the Winchesters to Tuesdays at 9 p.m. and replacing them with Tomorrow People, a new show which may shift production to Vancouver. But picked up series The 100 is not expected to air until 2014. Here’s a trailer filmed in local forest.
- Thursday May 16th – Continuum films inside CBC Vancouver. Episode directed by Amanda Tapping.
- Thursday, May 16th – The Killing films at Riverview.
- Thursday May 16th – Falling Skies showrunner Remi Aubuchon announces he’s stepping down. David Eick from Battlestar Galactica will take over for season four.
- Wednesday, May 15th – Godzilla in Steveston. Night shoot on docks dressed as San Francisco’s Fisherman’s Wharf.
- Wednesday, May 15th – Supernatural season eight finale. Angels fall from Heaven.
- Wednesday, May 15th – Arrow‘s epic season finale. Throughout the taut episode almost every character looked like he/she was about to sacrifice themselves but ultimately Tommy (Colin Donnell) was the one who did, sacrificing himself to save the woman he loved, Lauren (Katie Cassidy). Archer showdown between Emerald Archer (Stephen Amell/stunt double) & Dark Archer (John Barrowman/stunt double) on Hudson’s Bay roof downtown. Read More »WEEK: May 13-19, 2013