Fringe’s Fifth and Final Season DVD/Blu-ray has this charming extra — Unusual Side Effects: Gag Reel — featuring Anna Torv, Joshua Jackson, John Noble, Jasika… Read More »BLOOPERS: Gag Reel from FRINGE’s The Complete Fifth and Final Season DVD
- Sunday, February 3rd – The Murder is Just the Beginning. An unprecedented ad campaign for Vancouver crime drama Motive, starring Kristin Lehman and Louis Ferreira, ahead of its debut on CTV after the Superbowl. My post for Vancouver is Awesome.
- Friday, February 1st- Supernatural films for a second afternoon and evening in Queensborough on Duncan Street at a riverfront industrial property.
- Friday, February 1st – Vancouver’s cop-from-the corporate-future series Continuum films in Squamish.
- Friday, February 1st – EW’s Inside TV gets First Look at creepy new Bates Motel poster & Motherly Love teaser featuring Bates mother-and-son Vera Farigma and Freddie Highmore. Series debuts March 18th on A&E.
- Thursday, January 31st – Supernatural films in Queensborough on Duncan Street at a riverfront industrial property. Impala spotted on set.
- Thursday, January 31st – Bates Motel films on its motel/house set in Aldergrove for fourth day.
- Wednesday, January 30th – CBC airs Arctic Air 2×04, with lots of hookups, including one — Bobby & Krista — I didn’t expect to see so early in the season.
- Wednesday, January 30th – The CW airs Supernatural 1×12 As Time Goes By about time-travelling Grandpa Winchester and a demon played by Alaina Huffman filmed partly in a Gastown alley off Cambie and the Cambie Pub.
- Wednesday, January 30th – The CW airs Arrow 1×12 Vertigo featuring Seth Gabel as “The Count” with key scenes filmed on the Front Street Parkade in New Westminster.
- Wednesday, January 30th – ABC picks up Vancouver crime drama Motive to air this summer.
- Wednesday, January 30th – Once Upon a Time films high speed car chase with Jamie Dornan and Lana Parrilla in Steveston. After his Storybrooke flashbacks, Sheriff Graham posed for photos with some lucky fans.
- Wednesday, January 30th – Bates Motel films on its motel/house set in Aldergrove for thirdRead More »WEEK: January 28 – February 3, 2013
It was so sad last Friday when the day came and went without Fringe. The show had wrapped five seasons (four of them filmed in… Read More »FRINGE Cast’s Final Thank You to the Fans
- Sunday, January 20th – The Giant is Back. Once Upon a Time promo for 2×13 Tiny & my photos of Jorge Garcia as the Giant in Steveston. Airs in three weeks on February 10th.
- Sunday, January 20th – Once Upon a Time airs 2×12 In the Name of the Brother featuring black-and-white Frankenstein flashbacks and the present-day problem of an outsider in Storybrooke
- Friday, January 18th – Fringe‘s stunning 2-hour series finale. 5×12 Liberty features Broyles (in Harbour Green Park) telling Fringe team that boy being held in detention at Liberty Island; Olivia suggesting she bypass security by crossing over to alt-universe Liberty Island; Walter hauling out cracked Window into Another World to see what Liberty Island (in Coal Harbour) looks like in alt-universe 2036; Olivia getting painful injections of cortexiphan and then crossing over & getting unfriendly welcome at Fringe Division HQ (Vancouver Public Library); Fauxlivia getting call about Olivia while out to dinner (at Rice ‘N Spice) with her husband Lincoln Lee; and Olivia & Fauxlivia bringing the boy back from Liberty Island to Battery Park (Coal Harbour) where Olivia & boy will cross back over. 5×13 features Broyles captured (under Cambie Bridge) by Observers & Loyalist soliders; an explosive battle against Windmark & Co. (on Port Metro Vancouver land) and final scenes at a POlivia house (in Burnaby) all directed by Fringe showrunner Joel Wyman.
- Friday, January 18th – Once Upon a Time films more of big fight inside Mr. Gold’s in Steveston.
- Friday, January 18th – Vancouver detective series Motive films near Granville and King Edward.
- Friday, Janary 18th – Commercial films at Broadway Plaza.
- Thursday, January 17th – Once Upon a Time films on its floating pirate ship set at Britannia Heritage Shipyard Park and inside Mr. Gold’s in Steveston.
- Thursday, January 17th – TVLine gets Sneak Peek at The CW promo images of Supernatural 1×12 As Time Goes By featuring Gil McKinney as Sam & Dean’s paternal grandfather Henry
- Thursday, January 17th – TVLine gets First Look at The CW promo images of Arrow 1×12 Vertigo featuring Seth Gabel as “The Count”, a nefarious drug dealerRead More »WEEK: January 14-20, 2013
In the epic Fringe trailer for this Friday’s two-hour series finale, we catch a glimpse of Dr. Walter Bishop (John Noble)’s cracked Window into Another World circa 1985 (cracked because Walter threw something at it after he saw Observer September interrupt Walternate’s discovery of a cure for his son Peter). Everything is coming full circle in Fringe’s fifth and final season. Walter must have hauled out the window from wherever he’d stored it in his ambered Harvard lab circa 2036 so that the team can have a look at Liberty Island in the parallel universe.
[sz-youtube url=”http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4jptm7Yedo&feature=youtu.be” /]
- Friday, December 7th – Fringe‘s eighth episode of its final season featured Peter Bishop vs Captain Windmark with Peter anticipating and redirecting Windmark’s movements plus a pivotal POlivia scene on the Vancouver Art Galley roof looking down on Windmark walking through the rainy plaza.
- Friday, December 7th – Fringe films its final episode in studio and at a house in Burnaby.
- Friday, December 7th – Arctic Air‘s Adam Beach and Pascale Hutton at CBC Vancouver Open House.
- Friday, December 7th – Continuum appears on the B.C. Production List. Filming of second season to start on January 16th and wrap around the end of May, 2013.
- Friday, Decmeber 7th – Battlestar Galactica prequel Blood and Chrome‘s finale – ninth and tenth episodes online.
- Thursday, December 6th – Fringe films its final episode in studio and then at night in the tunnel off Skeena leading to the 2nd Narrows Bridge.
- Thursday, December 6th – TVLine reports Gregory Itzin cast on Once Upon a Time as Frankenstein’s father.
- Wednesday, December 5th – Fringe‘s main unit films downtown in underground parking at the Queen Elizabeth Theatre and in and around Oceanic Plaza until 2 a.m. Its second splinter unit films under the Cambie Bridge with showrunner Joel Wyman directing Lance Reddick.
- Wednesday, December 5th – Supernatural mid-season finale featured scenes of Dean, his Purgatory pal Benny & the Impala filmed at the Britannia Shipyards in Steveston
- Wednesday, December 5th – Arrow’s eighth episode – Arrow vs The Huntress.
- Wednesday, December 5th – Emily Owens M.D. wraps filming of its final episode.
- Wednesday, December 5th – Vancouver detective series Motive films on Pender and inside and outside the Victorian Hotel downtown.
- Wednesday, Decmeber 5th – Amanda Tapping directs Arctic Air episode filmed in Burnaby as Calgary and featuring a guest appearance by Dragon’s Den dragon David Chilton as himself.
- Tuesday, December 4th – Fringe films driving scenes with Anna Torv, Joshua Jackson, John Noble and Jasika Nicole in a van and then Lance Reddick in a black car Read More »WEEK: December 3-9, 2012
As streets began flooding in the real Manhattan yesterday morning and the east coast braced for Hurricane Sandy’s full impact, Fringe filmed scenes in a NYC taxicab in cloudy, wet Vancouver dressed as Manhattan under Observer Occupation in 2036. It sure put our rain in perspective.
I didn’t find the set until close to lunchtime and not long after Fringe wrapped and returned to studio for the rest of the day, so I don’t know if there were scenes other than John Noble’s Walter in the cab along with an unexpected guest star from seasons earlier. I won’t spoil the identity of that guest star until the producers choose to, because one of the joys of the final season is the way Fringe brings back or echoes former cases and characters. After the guest star wrapped, a Flex star car picked up her and Jasika Nicole’s Astrid, who must have been in that very crowded cab as well. I can’t imagine the risk they took talking in a cab with all those background Observers and Loyalist soldiers walking past. And on one of the background cabs driving by — a Reward Wire rooftop ad. Remember the creepy-good Captain Windmark-voiced Fringe teaser, Wanted: Peter Bishop, ahead of the season premiere?