Words and Pictures premieres tonight at the Toronto International Film Festival with a gala presentation in Roy Thompson Hall. Stars Clive Owen and Juliette Binoche… Read More »TIFF: Premiere of WORDS AND PICTURES with Clive Owen & Juliette Binoche
Published June 27, 2013 on Vancouver is Awesome After a three month-plus shoot here, the 3D Godzilla reboot wraps filming this week in Vancouver and moves on… Read More »BIG READ: U.S. Military Vs GODZILLA Moves On From Vancouver Area & Vancouver Island
- Sunday, May 5th – Red Widow finale The Hit 1×08 Convinced that Schiller (Goran Visnjic) murdered her husband, Marta (Radha Mitchell) asks for help with a revenge plot. But it turns out Schiller didn’t make her a widow. Her own father did because he didn’t want to lose his grandkids. Unfortunately no one tells Natalie (Erin Moriarty) who pulls a gun on Schiller in the final scene of the finale filmed at the Guiness Tower downtown last year.
- Sunday, May 5th – Continuum 2×03 Vancouver-cop-from-the-future Kiera (Rachel Nichols) investigates a new street drug she recognizes because her sister was hooked on it in the future. The scenes of Kiera finding her sister in a shanty town for the “emancipated” were filmed on a parkade rooftop in Gastown. In present day, Alec Sandler (Erik Knudsen)’s friends drop the drug on the CBC Plaza and rival Liber8 operatives and former lovers Sonya and Travis go to war using gangs as their weapons.
- Sunday, May 5th – Once Upon a Time 2×21 Young Baelfire (Dylan Schmid) is befriended by the Darling family of Peter Pan fame. Grownup Baelfire/Neal (Michael Raymond-James) intervenes in his father (Robert Carlyle)’s attempted stomping of Dr. Whale (David Anders( to impress Lacey (Emilie de Ravin); much needed talk between Emma (Jennifer Morrison) and grownup Baelfire/Neal takes place on Third Beach in Stanley Park, Meanwhile, Greg (Ethan Embry) and Tamara (Sonequa Martin Green) torture Regina (Lana Parilla) in Steveston cannery buildings.
- Sunday, May 5th – Feature film Robocop with Joel Kinnaman, which shot last summer in Toronto, films in SFU Woodward’s underground parking and later at Granville and Dunsmuir.
- Sunday May 5th – Words and Pictures with Clive Owen and Juliette Binoche scheduled to wrap filming in Vancouver, according to latest B.C. Production List.
- Friday, May 3rd – Falling Skies screens first half of its 2-hour premiere at EW’s Capetown Festival in Hollywood, followed by a Q&A with showrunner Remi Aubuchon and cast members Noah Wyle, Moon Bloodgood, Drew Roy and Maxim Knight. Season 3 scoop.
- Friday, May 3rd – EW has exclusive video of J.J. Abrams, Joel Wyman and John Noble talking about bringing closure to Fringe. One of the extras on the blu-ray/DVD for sale on Tuesday, May 7th.
- Friday, May 3rd – Robocop films on farm on Dyke Road in Richmond. Camera on crane spotted.
- Friday, May 3rd – Cedar Cove films in Deep Cove with Andie MacDowell walking on beach and on dock.
- Friday, May 3rd – Continuum films inside CBC Vancouver.
- Friday, May 3rd – ABC movie Christmas Bounty films at University of British Columbia.
- Friday, May 3rd – New poster for Man of Steel features Henry Cavill in Superman suit and cape.
- Friday, May 3rd – Tim Burton film Big Eyes with Christoph Waltz and Amy Adams scheduled to film here from July 8th to August 23rd, according to latest BC Production List.
- Thursday, May 2nd – Film accelerator Cinecoup‘s Top 15 announced. Vote to finance one of these films with $1 million. 6 from Vancouver: Alien Abduction, Bad, Grade Nine, SCAM, The Fall and The Mill and the Mountain.
- Thursday, May 2nd – Vancouver whydunit Motive 1×11 Brute Force airs on CTV, with Jarod Joseph as The Killer and Adrian Holmes as The Victim, Read More »WEEK: April 29 – May 5, 2013
- Sunday, April 28th – Vancouver cop-from-the -future series Continuum 2×02 airs on Showcase. Some of it filmed in Squamish with Rachel Nichols in a big helicopter scene. New York Times’s Neil Genzlinger wrote about his Squamish set visit in TV article praising the series.
- Sunday, April 28th – Red Widow 1×07 The Coke airs on ABC. Marta (Radha Mitchell) learns new information about her husband’s killer. Photos of one of the deaths filmed in Downtown Eastside alley.
- Sunday, April 28th – Once Upon a Time 2×20 The Evil Queen airs on ABC. Hook pretends to help Regina (Lana Parilla) with a plan to transport her and Henry (Jared Padalecki) back to Fairytale land. Big scene of Regina talking to Henry filmed in Steveston. And in flashbacks, the Evil Queen gets Rumplestiltskin to transform her into a peasant so she can kill Snow White (Ginnifer Goodwin). Village scenes were filmed in Robert Burnaby Park in Burnaby in front of visiting #EvilRegals fans (one from Mozambique). Look for opening scene of The Dark one (Robert Carlyle) & The Tramp (Emilie de Ravin) staggering out of the “Rabbit Hole” pub in Steveston too.
- Sunday, April 28th – Latest buzz from Deadline’s Primetime Pilot Panic says Wonderland (Once Upon a Time spinoff) “penciled in” and Big Thunder a “major contender” at ABC; I Am a Victor with John Stamos has a shot at NBC; Human with Karl Urban”still solid” at FOX; Intelligence with Josh Holloway and Backstrom with Rainn Wilson in the mix at CBS; The 100 still under consideration at The CW but no mention of Blink.
- Sunday, April 28th – Upcoming TNT series King & Maxwell preps Incendio in Gastown for before and after explosion shoots next week.
- Saturday, April 28th – Arrow‘s Colton Haynes attends the White House Correspondents Dinner. WHCD’s hilarious & apt hashtag is #nerdprom.
- Saturday, April 27th – King & Maxwell films downtown at two locations, the last at the Queen Elizabeth Theatre.
- Saturday, April 27th – ABC Christmas movie Christmas Bounty wraps three nights (April 25-27th) of overnight filming in holiday-decorated Coquitlam Centre mall.
- Friday, April 26th – Vancouver director Jeff Renfroe’s new Ice Age thriller The Colony opens nationwide in Canada. YVRShoots series interview with Renfroe.
- Friday, April 26th – Vancouver director Jesse James Miller’s endearing 1970s-set film Becoming Redwood premieres in Toronto at Cineplex Yonge & Dundas. YVRShoots series interview with Miller.
- Friday, April 26th – Robert Redford’s Weather Underground film The Company You Keep starring Shia LaBeouf and Redford opens in theatres. Filmed at Vancouver Art Gallery, Georgia Hotel and other locations around Vancouver.
- Friday, April 26th – Continuum films inside CBC Vancouver.
- Friday, April 26th – Arrow actors Byron Mann and Celina Jade featured in Vancouver Sun article about actors making it big in China.
- Friday, April 26th – Entertainment Weekly scoop about season 3 of Falling Skies.
- Friday, April 26th – Entertainment Weekly’s excusive season 3 trailer for The Killing features Peter Sarsgaard as death-row inmate.
- Thursday, April 25th – Joel Kinnaman & Mireille Enos film a walk-and-talk for The Killing near Cobalt Hotel on Main Street. Then moved into parking lot behind for scene in car.
- Thursday, April 25th – Continuum films inside CBC Vancouver and on Cambie Street.
- Thursday, April 25th – Vancouver whydunit Motive 1×10 airs. Dustin Milligan guest-stars Read More »WEEK: April 22-28, 2013
Last Thursday feature film Words and Pictures had a last-minute casting call for bike rider extras to film on Monday. Turns out the scene was not a road race as expected but a gathering of friends in bike gear inside Two Chefs & a Table restaurant on Alexander Street in the Downtown Eastside.
The scene: outside the restaurant — renamed The Grill — a man in spandex bike attire talks on his cellphone before going inside to join his road racer friends.