Vancouver’s dinosaurs-run-amok series Primeval: New World debuted on Syfy tonight in the U.S. as leads Niall Matter and Sara Canning attended the Leo Awards, the… Read More »LEO AWARDS: Niall Matter, Sara Canning & Miranda Frigon from PRIMEVAL: NEW WORLD
They discovered a gateway through time. But they weren’t the only ones. Next month Syfy introduces dinosaurs-running-amok-in-Vancouver series Primeval: New World to Americans who haven’t… Read More »PROMO: Syfy Launch of PRIMEVAL: NEW WORLD in the U.S. on June 8th
- Sunday, February 24th – New promo for Once Upon a Time airs during Oscars broadcast. A Series as Epic as the Movies Every Single Week.
- Sunday, February 24th – Red Widow black-and-white promo airs during Oscars broadcast.
- Friday, February 22nd – Vancouver crime drama Motive with Kristin Lehman & Louis Ferreira wraps filming its first season. Photographed 2 of The Killers so far without knowing.
- Friday, February 22nd – Feature film Dawn of the Planet of the Apes starring Andy Serkis as Caesar and Jason Clarke confirmed to film from April 2nd to 26th says new BC Production List.
- Friday, February 22nd – Feature film Hector and the Search for Happiness starring Simon Pegg as psychiatrist Hector confirmed to film from March 30th to April 20th says latest BC Production List.
- Friday, February 22nd – TV Pilots Intelligence (ABC) starring Lost’s Josh Holloway as US Cyber Command officer who has a microchip implanted in his brain and I am Victor (NBC) starring John Stamos as a House-like divorce attorney confirmed to film here in March says new BC Production List
- Friday, February 22nd – TV series Witches of East End (Lifetime) with Julia Ormond, Rachel Boston, and Jenna Dewan-Tatum as witches confirmed to film from April 3rd to August 6th says latest BC Production List.
- Friday, February 22nd – Arrow films 1×19 at abandoned mental institution Riverview Hospital in Coquitlam.
- Thursday, February 21st – Supernatural films at the Cleveland Dam in North Vancouver
- Thursday, February 21st – Level Up liquidation sale at North Shore Studios.
- Thursday, February 21st – SPACE channel opts not to renew Vancouver’s own dinosaur procedural Primeval: New World for second season. Show in talks with other international broadcasters.
- Wednseday, February 20th – Supernatural airs 1×15 Man’s Best Friend with Benefits about a cop witch filmed mainly in Century House downtown and Victory Square
- Wednesday, February 20th – Arrow airs 1×15 Dodger with BSG guest star James Callis and Teen Wolf’s Colton Haynes as Roy Harper.
- Wednesday, February 20th – Once Upon a Time‘s Ginnifer Goodwin presents at Costume Designers Guild Awards.
- Wednesday, February 20th – Arrow films stunts in Gastown for 1×18 with star Stephen Amell running straight at me.
- Wednesday, February 20th – Is Fringe headed for a three-peat at the Saturn Awards? Nominations for Fringe and cast, Once Upon a Time, Supernatural, The Killing, Falling Skies, Arrow and Vancouver’s own Continuum.
- Wednesday, February 20th – Vancouver’s teen sitcom Mr. Young with Brendan Meyer, Matreya Fedor and Gig Morton, resumes filming season three Read More »WEEK: February 18-24, 2013
- Sunday, February 3rd – The Murder is Just the Beginning. An unprecedented ad campaign for Vancouver crime drama Motive, starring Kristin Lehman and Louis Ferreira, ahead of its debut on CTV after the Superbowl. My post for Vancouver is Awesome.
- Friday, February 1st- Supernatural films for a second afternoon and evening in Queensborough on Duncan Street at a riverfront industrial property.
- Friday, February 1st – Vancouver’s cop-from-the corporate-future series Continuum films in Squamish.
- Friday, February 1st – EW’s Inside TV gets First Look at creepy new Bates Motel poster & Motherly Love teaser featuring Bates mother-and-son Vera Farigma and Freddie Highmore. Series debuts March 18th on A&E.
- Thursday, January 31st – Supernatural films in Queensborough on Duncan Street at a riverfront industrial property. Impala spotted on set.
- Thursday, January 31st – Bates Motel films on its motel/house set in Aldergrove for fourth day.
- Wednesday, January 30th – CBC airs Arctic Air 2×04, with lots of hookups, including one — Bobby & Krista — I didn’t expect to see so early in the season.
- Wednesday, January 30th – The CW airs Supernatural 1×12 As Time Goes By about time-travelling Grandpa Winchester and a demon played by Alaina Huffman filmed partly in a Gastown alley off Cambie and the Cambie Pub.
- Wednesday, January 30th – The CW airs Arrow 1×12 Vertigo featuring Seth Gabel as “The Count” with key scenes filmed on the Front Street Parkade in New Westminster.
- Wednesday, January 30th – ABC picks up Vancouver crime drama Motive to air this summer.
- Wednesday, January 30th – Once Upon a Time films high speed car chase with Jamie Dornan and Lana Parrilla in Steveston. After his Storybrooke flashbacks, Sheriff Graham posed for photos with some lucky fans.
- Wednesday, January 30th – Bates Motel films on its motel/house set in Aldergrove for thirdRead More »WEEK: January 28 – February 3, 2013
- Friday, December 28th – SPACE channel marathon of Vancouver’s own dinosaur procedural Primeval: New World
- Tuesday, December 25th – Arrow star Stephen Amell marries long-time girlfriend Cassandra Jean at sunset ceremony in the Caribbean.
- Saturday, December 22nd – Psycho prequel series Bates Motel begins its holiday hiatus. Returns January 7th, 2013.
- Saturday, December 22nd – Vancouver sitcom Package Deal begins its holiday hiatus. Returns January 7th, 2013.
- Friday, December 21st – Fringe airs tenth episode of its final season featuring Olivia, Peter, Walter, Nina Sharp and the child Observer Michael filming in downtown Vancouver, the tragic but brave death of a favourite character and the answer to the question, Who is Donald?
- Friday, December 21st – Sitcom Package Deal tapes in front of a live studio audience in Burnaby
- Friday, December 21st – Bates Motel films at the Psychiatric Assessment building in the Burnaby Youth Detention Centre.
- Friday, December 21st – Supernatural begins its holiday hiatus. Returns January 8th, 2013.
- Friday, December 21st – Falling Skies wraps filming of its third season.
- Thursday, December 20th – Vancouver detective series Motive begins its holiday hiatus. Returns January 6th, 2013.
- Wednesday, December 19th – USA Network renews Psych for eighth season of filming. Here are the crime-fighting quartet — Shawn, Gus, Lassie & Jules.
- Wednesday, December 19th – Once Upon a Time casts Rose McGowan as younger Cora.
- Wednesday, December 19th – Once Upon a Time begins its holiday hiatus. Returns January 3rd, 2013.
- Wednesday, December 19th – Emily Owens MD studio liquidation 10AM-6PM at North Shore Studios
- Wednesday, December 19th – Second day of Supernatural filming inside Langara College library.
- Tuesday, December 18th – Supernatural films inside Langara College library
- Tuesday, December 18th – TV Guide reports Battlestar Galactica’s Baltar, aka James Callis, cast on Arrow.
- Monday, December 17th – Vancouver dinosaur procedural Primeval: New World mid-season finale directed by Amanda Tapping Read More »WEEKS: December 17-30, 2012
- Sunday, October 28th – Once Upon a Time‘s Halloween episode 2×06 reveals Dr. Whale’s Fairytale Land identity as Dr. Frankenstein.
- Sunday, October 28th – City sitcom Package Deal with Hartland Williams, Julia Voth, Jay Malone and Randal Edwards tapes in front of a live studio audience in Burnaby.
- Saturday, October 27th – Primeval: New World panel at London Comic-con with Niall Matter, Sara Canning, Danny Rahim and Andrew-Lee Potts.
- Friday, October 26th – Fringe‘s shocker death of “Baby Bishop” in the pivotal fourth episode of the final season.
- Friday, October 26th – Once Upon a Time back filming in Steveston for third day in same week. That’s a lot of on-location filming in one spot.
- Friday, October 26th – The CW releases Supernatural promo photos of Misha Collins as angel Castiel and Stargate/Sanctuary’s Amanda Tapping as angel Naomi for upcoming episode 8×07 via TVLine.com.
- Thursday, October 25th – Red Widow films a kiss that goes wrong in a Downtown Eastside alley with Wil Traval and Erin Cahill.
- Thursday, October 25th – Arrow films a simulated fire inside the Terminal City Ironworks compound in east Vancouver with Stephen Amell on set.
- Thursday, October 25th – The CW releases an Arrow November Sweeps month poster featuring Stephen Amell via TVLine.com
- Thursday, October 25th – Cult films at Pacific Central Station with Matt Davis on set.Read More »WEEK: October 22-28, 2012
Published October 25, 2012 on Vancouver is Awesome
Dinosaurs are running amok in Vancouver. And they’re hungry. New TV series Primeval: New World debuts this Monday, October 29th, on the SPACE channel.
A North American spinoff of the popular British series Primeval, co-showrunner Martin Wood describes the Vancouver version as a cop drama, but with dinosaurs as the crooks of the week. Very very large crooks. These anomalies suddenly appear and create havoc in our neighbourhoods like Stanley Park, Coal Harbour, downtown Vancouver, the Olympic Village, UBC’s Thunderbird Arena and even a local Canadian Tire store. And our dinosaurs are just as kickass as the British ones thanks to visual effects whiz Mark Savela. See the trailer.
Primeval: New World filmed its first 13-episode season here from early March to late July and I was lucky to spot Chuck Campbell, the guy-in-the-grey-skin-suit-carrying-a-sphere who becomes the computer-generated dinosaurs, in action. He chased an actor–jogger at the Olympic Village, who suddenly stopped, looked behind him, yelled “Holy Shit” and lept over a bench to try to get away. Now that’s acting. PNW star Niall Matter told InnerSPACE that in the first week of filming he couldn’t stop laughing whenever he looked at Chuck but quickly got over it.
Next Monday’s premiere introduces us to Niall Matter’s Vancouver software genius Evan Cross, Sara Canning’s animal attack behaviour expert Dylan Weir, Danny Rahim’s adventurer Mac Rendell Read More »BIG READ: PRIMEVAL: NEW WORLD Dinosaurs Terrorize Vancouver Neighbourhoods
- Sunday, October 7th – Once Upon a Time‘s second episode of its second season reveals the mess the Wraith made of Storybrooke, aka Fort Langley and Steveston.
- Friday, October 5th – Fringe‘s second episode of its final season airs, featuring scenes filmed at UBC as an Observer-controlled Harvard campus in 2036
- Friday, October 5th – World Premiere of Vancouver-shot Random Acts of Romance, starring Amanada Tapping & Zak Santiago, at VIFF
- Friday, October 5th – Supernatural films episode eight of its eighth season downtown on the roof of the Lumbermens building & then on Richards Street below with Sam & Dean & Cas and the Impala
- Friday, October 5th – Once Upon a Time films aboard Hook (Colin O’Donoghue)’s pirate ship on the seas off Steveston.
- Friday, October 5th – Cult films at Deer Lake Park in Burnaby.
- Friday, October 5th – IGN’s 1st look behind the scenes at Vancouver-shot Halo 4 web series Forward Unto Dawn shows Daniel Cudmore, SFU, and the BCIT Aerospace campus.
- Thursday, October 4th – Falling Skies begins a series of night shoots at the Langley Airport after 8 p.m. closing.
- Thursday, October 4th – Cult‘s Robert Knepper and Alona Tal film scenes from show-within-a-show at the Vancouver Art Gallery
- Thursday, October 4th – Fringe films episode seven of its final season at the PNE
- Thursday, October 4th – EW.com reports Grammy winner Jill Scott cast as oracle-like woman on Fringe.
- Thursday, October 4th – Psych films its 2-hour musical episode inside the Vancouver Playhouse, an episode which features Barry Bostwick of Rocky Horror Picture Show fame Read More »WEEK: October 1-7, 2012
Dinosaurs are running amok in Vancouver. And they’re hungry. New series Primeval: New World debuts Monday, October 29th, on the SPACE channel.
Five months ago, InnerSPACE hosts Teddy Wilson, Ajay Fry and Cynthia Loyst introduced this North American spinoff of the popular Brit series Primeval to an enthusiastic genre audience at Vancouver Fan Expo. Back then, co-showrunner Martin Wood described the Vancouver series as a cop drama, but with dinosaurs as the crooks of the week. Very very large crooks. These anomalies suddenly appear and create havoc in our neighbourhoods like downtown Vancouver, Stanley Park, the Olympic Village, Thunderbird Arena at the University of British Columbia and even a local Canadian Tire store.
And our dinosaurs are even more kickass than the British ones thanks to visual effects whiz Mark Savela. See the new trailer.
So the Hunt is On, with Sara Canning as animal predator expert Dylan Weir and Niall Matter as team leader Evan Cross.
Primeval: New World showrunners Martin Wood and Gillian Horvath at Vancouver Fan Expo.
Niall Matter at the Vancouver Expo panel.
Niall Matter and Teddy Wilson show off their matching blue shirts.
Upcoming sci-fi series Primeval: New World has a little more than three weeks of filming left before wrapping its first season here, so it seems like a good time to revisit the Coal Harbour location shoots that will feature in its series premiere.
Andrew-Lee Potts, aka Conner Temple from the original British series Primeval, flew in this past March to guest star on the first episode of the Vancouver spinoff. From what I saw of a scene at Harbour Green Park in Coal Harbour, Potts’s Temple walks from the sea wall towards the crime scene and shows something to Niall Matter’s rich Vancouver software genius Evan Cross near the yellow crime scene tape. It’s all very serious, as it should be, considering the prosthetic body of a parachutist victim of some kind of flying dinosaur attack lying on a gurney by the washrooms. Matter’s Evan Cross confers with Sara Canning’s Predator Control Officer Dylan Weir and Danny Rahim’s Mac Rendell. Canning’s Weir then walks back to the fake corpse and that was it, as far as I could see.