Already renewed for a third season on Showcase in Canada, Continuum was picked up for a third season on Syfy in the U.S. today. Some… Read More »RENEWED: Syfy Picks Up CONTINUUM For Third Season in the U.S.
Does Hugh Dillon look scary in these photos? He doesn’t because this is a meetup with fan Julie Holden, but the actor-musician (The Headstones) has… Read More »ACTOR: Hugh Dillon on THE KILLING and CONTINUUM
- Sunday, July 14th – Vancouver-cop-from-the-future series Continuum 2×10 Second Wave airs on Showcase: Kiera (Rachel Nichols) attends one of Julian (Richard Harmon)’s anti-corporate rallies filmed in Gastown’s Blood Alley Square with 250 police/protester background performers.
- Sunday, July 14th – The Killing 3×08 Try airs on AMC: Pastor Mike (Ben Cotton) abducts Sarah Linden (Mireille Enos). Bullet (Bex Taylor-Klaus) makes a choice to save Lyric (Julia Sarah Stone). The Province’s Glen Schaefer interviewed Julia Sarah Stone about her street kid role last month.
- Sunday, July 14th – Falling Skies 3×07 The Pickett Line airs on TNT: Tom (Noah Wyle) and sons Hal (Drew Roy), Ben (Connor Jessup) and Matt (Maxim Knight) leave Charleston to look for Anne (Moon Bloodgood) and baby Alexis, who have been captured by Karen (Jessy Scram). And the mole is revealed.
- Sunday, July 14th – Legendary Pictures releases a pre-taped message from Godzilla director Gareth Edwards about San Diego Comic-Con viral campaign.
- Saturday, July 13th – Glee star Cory Monteith, age 31, found dead at the Fairmont Pacific Rim Hotel. My brief post.
- Saturday, July 13th – Dinosaurs-run-amok-in-Vancouver series Primeval: New World 1×06 Cleanup on Aisle Three airs on Syfy in the U.S. Filmed in a Canadian Tire store and directed by Amanda Tapping.
- Friday, July 12th – Arrow Season 2 films overnight near Hastings Overpass in east Vancouver. Crew celebrated Colton Haynes’s 25th birthday with a cake. Stephen Amell on set in full costume as The Hood. And his stunt double Simon Burnett did stunt which hoisted him up in the air for three takes. Nearby Raymur Street was dressed as The Glades post-earthquake.
- Friday, July 12th – Continuum 2×11 airs on Syfy in the U.S.: Kiera (Rachel Nichols) sees the work of a future serial killer in a murder.
- Friday, July 12th – The CW airs Cult‘s the final final episodes 1×12 and 1×13 , starring Matt Davis, in a two-hour block.
- Friday, July 12th – Once Upon a Time films season 3 on its sound stages at The Bridge Studios in Vancouver.
- Friday, July 12th – Northern adventure series Arctic Air season 3 starring Adam Beach, Pascale Hutton and Kevin McNulty has an August 6th start date for filming via BC Production List.
- Friday, July 12th – The CW mid-season series The 100 starring Eliza Taylor has an August 26th start date for filming via BC Production List.
- Friday, July 12th – TVLine’s Michael Ausiello reports Virginia Madsen cast in recurring role on Witches of the East End.
- Friday, July 12th – Cyclist writes letter to editor of Vancouver Courier calling $100-million movie Godzilla “trash” for delaying his ride up Cypress Bowl Road in West Vancouver for several minutes.
- Thursday, July 11th -Vancouver whydunnit Motive 1×05 Public Enemy airs on ABC with talented BC Film guest stars: Molly Parker, Camille Sullivan and Cameron Bright.
- Thursday, July 11th – Psych season 8 films Shawn (James Roday) & Gus (Dule Hill) talking smack to Tom Arnold’s character Read More »WEEK: July 8-14, 2013
- Sunday, June 16th – Weekend box office for Man of Steel: A superhero-worthy US$125.1 million in North America, breaking Toy Story 3’s record for biggest June opening weekend ever and second best debut of year next to Iron Man 3. Next up: Man of Steel 2 with good chunk to be filmed in Vancouver. EW has fun keeping track of “Inappropriate Tweets about Henry Cavill“.
- Sunday, June 16th – Continuum 2×08 Second Listen airs on Showcase: Kiera (Rachel Nichols) investigates the mysterious disappearance of several deceased time traveler’s bodies; Alec (Erik Knudsen) is taken hostage by Garza on orders from his future self.
- Sunday, June 16th – The Killing 3×04 Head Shots airs on AMC: Sarah Linden (Mireille Enos) and Stephen Holder (Joel Kinnaman) team up to find the “voice” on the tapes.’; Seward (Peter Sarsgaard) is given reason to stop acting up in prison.
- Sunday, June 16th – Falling Skies 3×03 Badlands airs on TNT: Humans attack Charleston with new President Tom Mason (Noah Wyle) on the frontlines. And concern grows about the mole among them.
- Sunday, June 16th – Godzilla main unit at Japanese village set on Front Street in New Westminster. Aaron Taylor-Johnson and Bryan Cranston spotted on set.
- Sunday, June 16th – Godzilla 2nd unit films controlled parachute jump from crane on Thurlow in downtown Vancouver.
- Friday, June 14th – Mireille Enos, Joel Kinnaman and Elias Koteas film The Killing seasson 3 finale in east Vancouver neighbourhood.
- Friday, June 14th – Man of Steel opens in theatres. BC filming of the Superman reboot starring Henry Cavill. Spot the BC actor: Ian Tracey, Tahmoh Penikett, Mike Dopud and others.
- Friday, June 14th – Arrow starts filming season 2 on July 9th according to DGBC production list.
- Thursday, June 13th – Man of Steel screening for Vancouver crew.
- Thursday, June 13th – YVRShoots Series – Best of BC-made TV and Film at Leo Awards from Continuum to Camera Shy
- Thursday, June 13th – EW’s first look at Once Upon a Time‘s Ginnifer Goodwin as Jackie Kennedy for the docudrama Killing Kennedy.
- Wednesday, June 12th – The Killing films scenes with Joel Kinnaman and Jewel Staite on the fifth floor gallery of the curtain wall inside the Vancouver Public Library atrium.
- Wednesday, June 12th – Bruce Boxleitner guest-stars on Cedar Cove with Andie MacDowell
- Tuesday, June 11th – Director Zach Snyder discusses Man of Steel 2., with portion to be filmed in Vancouver, starting January 2014 via @lemon_buzz.
- Tuesday, June 11th – Hugh Dillon of Continuum and The Killing films indie The Last Crop on Chinatown roof.
- Tuesday, June 11th – King & Maxwell films around The Bay downtown.
- Tuesday, June 11th – DirecTV renews Rogue with Thandie Newton for second season of 10 episodes.
- Tuesday, June 11th – Deadline reports that NBC orders rewrite and revamping of filmed-in-Vancouver pilot Victor with`John Stamos Read More »WEEK: June 10-16, 2013
- Sunday, June 9th – Continuum 2×07 Second Degree airs on Showcase: Kiera (Rachel Nichols) & Carlos (Victor Webster) discover a juror on Julian (Richard Harmon)’s trial has been compromised and race to protect his family unaware that it’s part of a larger Liber8 plot to install Jim Martin (Tahmoh Penikett) as Mayor. Trial filmed at Vancouver Art Gallery. And Emily (Magda Apanowicz) reveals kick-ass fighting skills.
- Sunday, June 9th – The Killing 3×03 Seventeen airs on AMC: so named for 17 body bags Sarah Linden (Mireille Enos) finds near the “Picasso Drawing” of a grove of trees by Seward (Peter Sarsgaard)’s son Adrian. Stephen Holder (Joel Kinnaman) connects with Bullet and gets the name of a pimp who might have Callie. Ryan Robbins introduced as a John.
- Sunday, June 9th – Godzilla films third overnight in downtown New Westminster dressed as San Francisco, on 6th Street and Clarkson.
- Sunday, June 9th – The Killing closes the south bound lane of Burrard Bridge in the morning to film scenes, then moves to Main Street cafe and then Pender & Richards.
- Sunday, June 9th – Falling Skies 2-hour season 3 premiere airs on TNT. Tom (Noah Wyle) is president and father to a baby girl. Robert Sean Leonard joins the group.
- Sunday, June 9th – Entertainment Weekly’s set visit to Falling Skies S3 in Vancouver.
- Sunday, June 9th – Ratings for Primeval: New World debut on Syfy in the U.S. – a surprisingly strong 1.33 million on Saturday night.
- Saturday, June 8th – Godzilla films second overnight in downtown New Westminster dressed as San Francisco, this time on 6th Street from Carnovan down past Columbia Street.
- Saturday, June 8th – Comedy couple Brent Butt & Nancy Robertson host Leo Awards Gala Ceremony at Westin Bayshore Hotel. Continuum wins Best Dramatic Series and six other Leos. Arctic Air contingent owns red carpet. And Primeval: New World represents with three gorgeous cast.
- Saturday, June 8th – Primeval: New World debut on Syfy in the U.S.
- Saturday, June 8th – Ratings for Continuum S2 premiere on Syfy in the U.S. — a steady 1.42 million total viewers and 552,000 adults 18-49 on Friday night.
- Friday, June 7th – Leo Awards celebration ceremony. Simon Barry wins screenwriting award for Continuum‘s season one finale, End Times.
- Friday, June 7th – Godzilla second unit in overnight shoot in downtown New Westminster filming soldiers running up hill on Begbie Street dressed as San Francisco. Aaron Taylor-Johnson on set and lots and lots of smoke.
- Friday, June 7th – Continuum season 2 premiere on Syfy in the U.S.
- Thursday, June 6th – Supernatural star Jensen Ackles becomes a Dad. Wife Daneel gives birth to baby girl named Justice Jay Ackles, aka J2 orJJ Ackles.
- Thursday, June 6th – New trailer for Man of Steel starring Henry Cavil. And in interviews Cavill & Krypton Dad Russell Crowe talk about the problem of no fly in super suit.
- Thursday, June 6th – News from Bell Media Upfront in Toronto: CTV will reverse the Amell cousins’ Wednesday night block this fall and air it earlier than the CW with Robbie Amell’s The Tomorrow People at 7 p.m. before Stephen Amell’s Arrow at 8 p.m. In CanCon: new Toronto crime drama Players has Sanctuary’s Agam Darshi in cast.
- Thursday, June 6th – Psych films inside Caprice night club on Granville after doing quick establishing shot outside the Penthouse in the morning. Read More »WEEK: June 3-9, 2013
Arctic Air star Adam Beach missed the red carpet coming from the airport and went straight into the Westin Bayhore Hotel but he may have been the only one. The Vancouver-and-Yellowknife-filmed CBC aerial adventure series owned the long media gauntlet for a good half-hour or more with nominated leads Pascale Hutton and Kevin McNulty, nominated supporting actor John Reardon and his American-network-star wife Meghan Ory (Once Upon a Time and Intelligence), nominated supporting actress Emilie Ullerup, nominated supporting actress Carmen Moore, nominated guest actress Chelah Horsdal and nominated guest actor Aleks “the Griz” Paunovic. Lexa Doig, nominated for performances on both Arctic Air and Continuum chose to enter with the futuristic Continuum gang. With so much crossover the two dramas are one seamless show for Vancouver actors, with Continuum starting filming as Arctic Air wraps or vice-versa. Lexa Doig, John Reardon, Stephen Lobo and Brian Markinson are four cast who have roles on both and Pascale Hutton even guest-starred on Continuum in season one as a Carlos hookup and Liber8 murder victim. I convinced Arctic Air showrunner Gary Harvey (below) to come over to the media wall to be photographed by mentioning that Continuum showrunner Simon Barry would be walking the red carpet later.
Pascale Hutton (Krista Ivarson)
Pascale Hutton & Kevin McNulty (TV father-and-daughter Krista and Mel Ivarson).
Sunday, June 2nd – Two-hour season 3 premiere of The Killing on AMC. A year after the Rosie Larsen case, Stephen Holder has cleaned up and buffed up to become Smolder (Joel Kinnaman after RoboCop role) and Sarah Linden (Mireille Enos) has left the Seattle police force and learned how to smile, living and working on Vashon Island (played by Bowen Island). Then Holder catches a case of a teen hooker with her head almost cut off, very like one of Linden’s old cases. But the convicted killer in Linden’s case is on death row (Peter Sarsgaard). Is someone new preying on Seattle street kids?
- Sunday, June 2nd – Vancouver cop-from-the-future series Continuum 2×06 Second Truths on Showcase: Kiera (Rachel Nichols) must use her knowledge of the future to stop a serial killer while keeping a curious Carlos (Victor Webster) in the dark but when Kiera’s life is threatened she realizes she could die without anyone knowing she ever existed so she shares her secrets with Carlos. Finally!
- Sunday, June 2nd – Continuum films over the weekend at the BCIT Aerospace campus in Richmond. Crew played parking lot hockey outside on a break today but filmed inside in the atrium. Wrap party on Monday.
- Friday, May 31st – Continuum films its season finale inside CBC Vancouver for the third day in a row (May 29-31)
- Friday, May 31st – More reshoots for Seventh Son – June 3 – 13th – on BC production list.
- Thursday, May 30th – YVRShoots Series: Brent Butt & Nancy Robertson Host Leo Awards on June 8th.
- Thursday, May 30th – Vancouver whydunnit Motive 1×003 Pushover airs on ABC.
- Thursday, May 30th – Godzilla has night shoot at Kent Hangar field with lights on lifts and giant inflatable green screens.
- Thursday, May 30th – Leo Awards announces special presentation to honour The Beachcombers: 357 episodes shot in Gibson’s Landing over 19 seasons & aired in 50 countries. Jackson Davies will represent the cast.
- Wednesday, May 29th – Psych season 7 finale. Anthony Michael Hall guest stars as police consultant brought in to interview Shawn (James Roday), Gus (Dulé Hill), Lassiter (Timothy Omundson) and Juliet (Maggie Lawson) about their shoddy police work. Explains why we’ve seen Lassie in uniform in season 8. He’s been demoted.
- Wednesday, May 29th – Psych turns half a block of Gastown into London to film Dule Hill’s Gus as a Hogwarts escapee from the Harry Potter movies and James Roday’s Shawn as a cowboy?
- Wednesday, May 29th – Final round of voting begins for CineCoup Final Five with six Vancouver teams — Alien Abduction, Bad, Scam, Grade Nine, The Fall & The Mill and the Mountain —vying for $1-million in produciton financing. YVRShoots Series
- Wednesday, May 29th – Rogue season finale 1×10 Killing Grace/ While Grace Read More »WEEK: May 27 – June 2, 2013
It’s Amanda Tapping week: Guest star on Wednesday night’s season finale of CW hit Supernatural and Thursday night’s season finale of Vancouver whydunit hit Motive. And directing the current episode of Vancouver-cop-from-the-future series hit Continuum.
Are there zombies in this episode? Here is Amanda Tapping directing Victor Webster as Detective Carlos Fonnegra yesterday looking at corpse in the trunk of a car parked in the gravel lot off Arch Alley. Or as Webster tweeted: “I’m examining a decomposing corpse covered in maggots in an alley full of garbage and grafitti. What did you do today?” The makeup actually seems more like The Walking Dead than Continuum. [Update: But this is no anonymous corpse. Is that Kiera’s frenemy CSIS agent Gardiner (Nicholas Lea) under that makeup?]