Does Hugh Dillon look scary in these photos? He doesn’t because this is a meetup with fan Julie Holden, but the actor-musician (The Headstones) has… Read More »ACTOR: Hugh Dillon on THE KILLING and CONTINUUM
The Last Crop
- Sunday, June 16th – Weekend box office for Man of Steel: A superhero-worthy US$125.1 million in North America, breaking Toy Story 3’s record for biggest June opening weekend ever and second best debut of year next to Iron Man 3. Next up: Man of Steel 2 with good chunk to be filmed in Vancouver. EW has fun keeping track of “Inappropriate Tweets about Henry Cavill“.
- Sunday, June 16th – Continuum 2×08 Second Listen airs on Showcase: Kiera (Rachel Nichols) investigates the mysterious disappearance of several deceased time traveler’s bodies; Alec (Erik Knudsen) is taken hostage by Garza on orders from his future self.
- Sunday, June 16th – The Killing 3×04 Head Shots airs on AMC: Sarah Linden (Mireille Enos) and Stephen Holder (Joel Kinnaman) team up to find the “voice” on the tapes.’; Seward (Peter Sarsgaard) is given reason to stop acting up in prison.
- Sunday, June 16th – Falling Skies 3×03 Badlands airs on TNT: Humans attack Charleston with new President Tom Mason (Noah Wyle) on the frontlines. And concern grows about the mole among them.
- Sunday, June 16th – Godzilla main unit at Japanese village set on Front Street in New Westminster. Aaron Taylor-Johnson and Bryan Cranston spotted on set.
- Sunday, June 16th – Godzilla 2nd unit films controlled parachute jump from crane on Thurlow in downtown Vancouver.
- Friday, June 14th – Mireille Enos, Joel Kinnaman and Elias Koteas film The Killing seasson 3 finale in east Vancouver neighbourhood.
- Friday, June 14th – Man of Steel opens in theatres. BC filming of the Superman reboot starring Henry Cavill. Spot the BC actor: Ian Tracey, Tahmoh Penikett, Mike Dopud and others.
- Friday, June 14th – Arrow starts filming season 2 on July 9th according to DGBC production list.
- Thursday, June 13th – Man of Steel screening for Vancouver crew.
- Thursday, June 13th – YVRShoots Series – Best of BC-made TV and Film at Leo Awards from Continuum to Camera Shy
- Thursday, June 13th – EW’s first look at Once Upon a Time‘s Ginnifer Goodwin as Jackie Kennedy for the docudrama Killing Kennedy.
- Wednesday, June 12th – The Killing films scenes with Joel Kinnaman and Jewel Staite on the fifth floor gallery of the curtain wall inside the Vancouver Public Library atrium.
- Wednesday, June 12th – Bruce Boxleitner guest-stars on Cedar Cove with Andie MacDowell
- Tuesday, June 11th – Director Zach Snyder discusses Man of Steel 2., with portion to be filmed in Vancouver, starting January 2014 via @lemon_buzz.
- Tuesday, June 11th – Hugh Dillon of Continuum and The Killing films indie The Last Crop on Chinatown roof.
- Tuesday, June 11th – King & Maxwell films around The Bay downtown.
- Tuesday, June 11th – DirecTV renews Rogue with Thandie Newton for second season of 10 episodes.
- Tuesday, June 11th – Deadline reports that NBC orders rewrite and revamping of filmed-in-Vancouver pilot Victor with`John Stamos Read More »WEEK: June 10-16, 2013
You’d think Hugh Dillon would be an easy man to find in Vancouver since he’s been recurring on Continuum as the mysterious Mr. Escher and on The Killing as death-row prison guard Francis Becker. But one character is mysterious (last seen in his office high up in the W-43 Tower in Gastown) and the other works in a prison (Burnaby Youth Detention Centre, Riverview, studio) so fan Julie had given up until he gave her a headsup today to check out Chinatown.
Dillon was up on a roof helping out his friend James Hutson by appearing in his indie film The Last Crop about you-guessed-it — A man battles unknown enemies to find out who is stealing his marijuana crops. He learns that his own worst enemy may be himself. Here’s a tracking shot of Dillon’s character Vincent coming out of an SUV and talking on his phone against a West Vancouver backdrop.