Update: Writer/Director Glen Morgan’s episode Home Again. The X-Files Revival is filming in empty office space in the 400 block of Cambie Street this afternoon… Read More »SHOOT: THE X-FILES Revival Films Gillian Anderson & David Duchovny Near Arch Alley in Vancouver
Mid-season CW series iZombie shot more scenes at the Vancouver Film School as its Seattle Morgue, Coroner’s office and Police Station last night of former medical resident-turned-zombie Olivia… Read More »SHOOT: iZOMBIE’s Rose McIver at Vancouver Film School as Seattle Police Station & Morgue
One of the fun things about a new Continuum timeline is seeing a season two scene re-shot with a different spin in season three. Last… Read More »SHOOT: CONTINUUM’s Kellog (Stephen Lobo) Vs Emily (Magda Apanowicz) Redux
UPDATE Showrunner Hart Hanson says Backstrom will do a few days of pilot reshoots in [April] and then start filming the other 12 episodes in [late… Read More »TO SERIES: BACKSTROM Pilot Starring Rainn Wilson Goes to Series on FOX – Updated
It’s Amanda Tapping week. Guest star on Wednesday night’s season finale of CW hit Supernatural and last night’s season finale of Vancouver whydunit hit Motive. And directing the current episode of Vancouver-cop-from-the-future series hit Continuum.
Here is Vancouver’s Sci-fi Queen directing a scene this afternoon from the video village in Arch Alley east of Victory Square. After each take Tapping strode out to talk to the actors Stephen Lobo and Magda Apanowicz, and to crew and then briskly walked back to the alley again in her riding boots. Still very much the ageless Helen Magnus of her long-running series Sanctuary.
- Sunday, April 28th – Vancouver cop-from-the -future series Continuum 2×02 airs on Showcase. Some of it filmed in Squamish with Rachel Nichols in a big helicopter scene. New York Times’s Neil Genzlinger wrote about his Squamish set visit in TV article praising the series.
- Sunday, April 28th – Red Widow 1×07 The Coke airs on ABC. Marta (Radha Mitchell) learns new information about her husband’s killer. Photos of one of the deaths filmed in Downtown Eastside alley.
- Sunday, April 28th – Once Upon a Time 2×20 The Evil Queen airs on ABC. Hook pretends to help Regina (Lana Parilla) with a plan to transport her and Henry (Jared Padalecki) back to Fairytale land. Big scene of Regina talking to Henry filmed in Steveston. And in flashbacks, the Evil Queen gets Rumplestiltskin to transform her into a peasant so she can kill Snow White (Ginnifer Goodwin). Village scenes were filmed in Robert Burnaby Park in Burnaby in front of visiting #EvilRegals fans (one from Mozambique). Look for opening scene of The Dark one (Robert Carlyle) & The Tramp (Emilie de Ravin) staggering out of the “Rabbit Hole” pub in Steveston too.
- Sunday, April 28th – Latest buzz from Deadline’s Primetime Pilot Panic says Wonderland (Once Upon a Time spinoff) “penciled in” and Big Thunder a “major contender” at ABC; I Am a Victor with John Stamos has a shot at NBC; Human with Karl Urban”still solid” at FOX; Intelligence with Josh Holloway and Backstrom with Rainn Wilson in the mix at CBS; The 100 still under consideration at The CW but no mention of Blink.
- Sunday, April 28th – Upcoming TNT series King & Maxwell preps Incendio in Gastown for before and after explosion shoots next week.
- Saturday, April 28th – Arrow‘s Colton Haynes attends the White House Correspondents Dinner. WHCD’s hilarious & apt hashtag is #nerdprom.
- Saturday, April 27th – King & Maxwell films downtown at two locations, the last at the Queen Elizabeth Theatre.
- Saturday, April 27th – ABC Christmas movie Christmas Bounty wraps three nights (April 25-27th) of overnight filming in holiday-decorated Coquitlam Centre mall.
- Friday, April 26th – Vancouver director Jeff Renfroe’s new Ice Age thriller The Colony opens nationwide in Canada. YVRShoots series interview with Renfroe.
- Friday, April 26th – Vancouver director Jesse James Miller’s endearing 1970s-set film Becoming Redwood premieres in Toronto at Cineplex Yonge & Dundas. YVRShoots series interview with Miller.
- Friday, April 26th – Robert Redford’s Weather Underground film The Company You Keep starring Shia LaBeouf and Redford opens in theatres. Filmed at Vancouver Art Gallery, Georgia Hotel and other locations around Vancouver.
- Friday, April 26th – Continuum films inside CBC Vancouver.
- Friday, April 26th – Arrow actors Byron Mann and Celina Jade featured in Vancouver Sun article about actors making it big in China.
- Friday, April 26th – Entertainment Weekly scoop about season 3 of Falling Skies.
- Friday, April 26th – Entertainment Weekly’s excusive season 3 trailer for The Killing features Peter Sarsgaard as death-row inmate.
- Thursday, April 25th – Joel Kinnaman & Mireille Enos film a walk-and-talk for The Killing near Cobalt Hotel on Main Street. Then moved into parking lot behind for scene in car.
- Thursday, April 25th – Continuum films inside CBC Vancouver and on Cambie Street.
- Thursday, April 25th – Vancouver whydunit Motive 1×10 airs. Dustin Milligan guest-stars Read More »WEEK: April 22-28, 2013
Updated April 21, 2013. Green skin suit for invisible fighting by Kiera.
After Continuum star Rachel Nichols wrapped her scenes at the CBC Vancouver parking garage on Friday night, crew brought out stunt mats and a stunt performer dressed in a green skin suit. It looks like she’s the stunt double for Kiera Cameron’s cop-from-the-corporate-future or could that be a Kiera double on the mat? We’ll have to wait to see the final VFXed scenes.