- Sunday, July 14th – Vancouver-cop-from-the-future series Continuum 2×10 Second Wave airs on Showcase: Kiera (Rachel Nichols) attends one of Julian (Richard Harmon)’s anti-corporate rallies filmed in Gastown’s Blood Alley Square with 250 police/protester background performers.
- Sunday, July 14th – The Killing 3×08 Try airs on AMC: Pastor Mike (Ben Cotton) abducts Sarah Linden (Mireille Enos). Bullet (Bex Taylor-Klaus) makes a choice to save Lyric (Julia Sarah Stone). The Province’s Glen Schaefer interviewed Julia Sarah Stone about her street kid role last month.
- Sunday, July 14th – Falling Skies 3×07 The Pickett Line airs on TNT: Tom (Noah Wyle) and sons Hal (Drew Roy), Ben (Connor Jessup) and Matt (Maxim Knight) leave Charleston to look for Anne (Moon Bloodgood) and baby Alexis, who have been captured by Karen (Jessy Scram). And the mole is revealed.
- Sunday, July 14th – Legendary Pictures releases a pre-taped message from Godzilla director Gareth Edwards about San Diego Comic-Con viral campaign.
- Saturday, July 13th – Glee star Cory Monteith, age 31, found dead at the Fairmont Pacific Rim Hotel. My brief post.
- Saturday, July 13th – Dinosaurs-run-amok-in-Vancouver series Primeval: New World 1×06 Cleanup on Aisle Three airs on Syfy in the U.S. Filmed in a Canadian Tire store and directed by Amanda Tapping.
- Friday, July 12th – Arrow Season 2 films overnight near Hastings Overpass in east Vancouver. Crew celebrated Colton Haynes’s 25th birthday with a cake. Stephen Amell on set in full costume as The Hood. And his stunt double Simon Burnett did stunt which hoisted him up in the air for three takes. Nearby Raymur Street was dressed as The Glades post-earthquake.
- Friday, July 12th – Continuum 2×11 airs on Syfy in the U.S.: Kiera (Rachel Nichols) sees the work of a future serial killer in a murder.
- Friday, July 12th – The CW airs Cult‘s the final final episodes 1×12 and 1×13 , starring Matt Davis, in a two-hour block.
- Friday, July 12th – Once Upon a Time films season 3 on its sound stages at The Bridge Studios in Vancouver.
- Friday, July 12th – Northern adventure series Arctic Air season 3 starring Adam Beach, Pascale Hutton and Kevin McNulty has an August 6th start date for filming via BC Production List.
- Friday, July 12th – The CW mid-season series The 100 starring Eliza Taylor has an August 26th start date for filming via BC Production List.
- Friday, July 12th – TVLine’s Michael Ausiello reports Virginia Madsen cast in recurring role on Witches of the East End.
- Friday, July 12th – Cyclist writes letter to editor of Vancouver Courier calling $100-million movie Godzilla “trash” for delaying his ride up Cypress Bowl Road in West Vancouver for several minutes.
- Thursday, July 11th -Vancouver whydunnit Motive 1×05 Public Enemy airs on ABC with talented BC Film guest stars: Molly Parker, Camille Sullivan and Cameron Bright.
- Thursday, July 11th – Psych season 8 films Shawn (James Roday) & Gus (Dule Hill) talking smack to Tom Arnold’s character Read More »WEEK: July 8-14, 2013
Update: Godzilla director Gareth Edwards pre-taped a message for San Diego Comic-Con fans to preview the GodzillaEncounter.com viral campaign about “something very big heading to San Diego.” He must have done this standup in Vancouver late last month on the Main Street set in south Burnaby, dressed as San Francisco’s Chinatown.
[sz-youtube url=”http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wAhgAqzrLE&feature=youtu.be” /]
Legendary Pictures shared a set photo of apprentice Tom Ward (Ben Barnes) and Master Gregory (Jeff Bridges) in dark fantasy Seventh Son ahead of the release of a new trailer. Adapted from Joseph Delaney’s The Wardstone Chronicles series, it’s about a Falcon Knight, Master Gregory, who imprisoned an evil witch Mother Malkin (Julianne Moore) years ago. When she escapes, Gregory has until the next blood moon to train apprentice Tom — the seventh son of a seventh son — to fight her dark magic.
Two weeks from today, Warner Bros. Pictures and Legendary Pictures preview their upcoming blockbuster films at San Diego Comic-Con on Saturday, July 20th. Godzilla is the one that intrigues me most, having just wrapped three months of filming in Vancouver. As expected, the new Godzilla is a re-imagining of Toho’s iconic Godzilla, but this time it’s “humanity’s scientific arrogance” which creates the radioactive monster and these ones cross the Pacific Ocean to terrorize San Francisco not Tokyo. It’s not clear which cast will be on the panel — Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Ken Watanabe, Elizabeth Olsen, Juliette Binoche, David Strathairn or Bryan Cranston — but director Gareth Edwards is expected to screen footage from Vancouver. Whatever is shown, I can’t wait to see it online. The 3D Godzilla reboot is scheduled for release on May 16th next year.
On June 19th, Legendary Pictures shared a behind-the-scenes photo of Godzilla filming in Vancouver. I took a photo of what could be another radioactive containment… Read More »SET: Radioactive Containment Doors on GODZILLA
Published June 27, 2013 on Vancouver is Awesome After a three month-plus shoot here, the 3D Godzilla reboot wraps filming this week in Vancouver and moves on… Read More »BIG READ: U.S. Military Vs GODZILLA Moves On From Vancouver Area & Vancouver Island
The year 2154. The privileged live on Elysium. No poverty. No war. No sickness. The rest of us live on Earth. An over-populated, ruined planet… Read More »TRAILER: Neill Blomkamp’s ELYSIUM with Matt Damon Filmed in Vancouver & Mexico City