FOX summer TCA panel, August 1, 2013. Showrunner J.H. Wyman confirmed what was suspected in Vancouver. The pilot that people have seen in screeners and… Read More »TCA NEWS: ALMOST HUMAN Reshot Some of its Vancouver Pilot This Summer
Friday, July 19, 2013. 4:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. Ballroom 20.
- “Are you out of your Vulcan mind?!” human Karl Urban (Star Trek’s Bones) says as he walks out on stage
- Michael Ealy, the other half of the Bromance, says he modelled android Dorian on Matt Damon’s Jason Bourne, Jeff Bridges as Starman and Robert Patrick as Terminator.
- Fringe and Almost Human showrunner Joel Wyman says he created Almost Human to “keep Fringe fans happy”.
- Set in 2048, Almost Human features technology butis more about relationships andthe people dealing with world of the future, Wyman says
- “I truly believe the best science fiction always reverts back to what it’s like to be human,” Wyman says.
- Almost Human premieres Monday, November 4th on FOX in the U.S. and Global TV in Canada.
One Broken Man. One of a Kind Machine. Their Future. Is Definitely. Unwritten.
Almost Human showrunner Joel Wyman shared the official trailer for the new filmed-in-Vancouver series shown at the FOX Upfront in New York today. The look and style of this pilot is even better than expected. Especially the dry humour and banter between this buddy cop duo of part-robot human and part-human robot.
[sz-youtube url=”http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykwxg534yAw” /]
Almost Human is scheduled to air on Mondays at 8 p.m. on FOX this fall after the World Series.
Who is the human? And who is the android?
Human John Kennex (Karl Urban of Star Trek) and android Dorian (Michael Ealy) are police partners investigating crimes in Los Angeles 35 years from now. But in this partnership, the android displays more emotions than the human because John is shut down after getting seriously hurt on a mission. From J.J. Abrams and former Fringe showrunner Joel Wyman, this new series pays homage to Fringe in so many ways. The production used many of the former Vancouver Fringe crew as well as its production signs BELLY. Some of the set dressing looked familiar too, with futuristic kiosks like Quick Volt electric car stations and Quick Stands offering everything from Experience Enhancers to Intellect Expanders and Synthetic Pets on set. Almost Human filmed for three weeks in the Vancouver area in familiar Fringe locations from the downtown business district to Gastown’s Winters Hotel to under the Cambie Bridge to the Terminal City Ironworks complex dressed like a Blue Light district.