Lucifer’s last night in Vancouver. Lucifer season 2 went out in style with star Tom Ellis joking with crew in the rain and a west… Read More »LAST NIGHT: LUCIFER Hijinks With Tom Ellis & Aimee Garcia on Last Night Filming in Vancouver
Plaza of Nations
SHOOT: USA Network Pilot SHOOTER Films Ryan Phillippe & Shantel VanSanten on Vancouver’s BC Place Concourse
Update: Series filmed in Los Angeles not Vancouver. An American sniper on the run from the U.S. government. Ryan Phillippe (Secrets and Lies) plays the… Read More »SHOOT: USA Network Pilot SHOOTER Films Ryan Phillippe & Shantel VanSanten on Vancouver’s BC Place Concourse
[sz-youtube url=”https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knW4FINX8iY” /] Simon Barry’s Vancouver sci-fi series Continuum comes to an end tonight. What happens to Vancouver cop-from-the-future Kiera Cameron (Rachel Nichols)? Does she… Read More »FINAL HOUR: Simon Barry’s Vancouver Sci-Fi Series CONTINUUM Comes to An End Tonight on Showcase
Update: At the Stephen Amell-hosted DC Super Hero Night on Saturday, July 26th, at San Diego Comic-Con, Arrow shared an extended cinematic trailer with a… Read More »COMIC-CON: ARROW S3 Sizzle Reel, Big Bad & Q&A With Showrunners, Stephen Amell & Other Cast
- Sunday, February 17th – Once Upon a Time 2×14 Manhattan airs on ABC/CTV with Rumple (Robert Carlyle), Henry (Jared Gilmore) and Emma (Jennifer Morrison) in Gastown turned into Manhattan. And Emma chases and tackles a grey-hoodie man she thinks is Rumple’s son Bae.
- Sunday, February 17th- Vancouver crime drama Motive 1×3 airs on CTV, filmed in Queen Elizabeth Theatre as cruise ship terminal.
- Friday, February 15th – Godzilla reboot with Bryan Cranston, Eliabeth Olsen and Aaron Johnson and a script by The Walking Dead’s Frank Darabont gets filming dates on BC Production list. March 1st to June 1st
- Friday, February 15th – American TV pilots Backstrom (CBS), Big Thunder (ABC), Blink (The CW), Joel Wyman’s InHuman (FOX) and Rita (Bravo), appear on BC Production List. For details click here.
- Thursday, February 14th – Arrow films in the 1800 block Franklin Street and inside the Terminal City Ironworks complex in east Vancouver.
- Thursday, February 14th – Supernatural films inside the Ivanhoe Hotel and outside on Station Street.
- Thursday, February 14th – Motive films in North Vancouver near Marine Way & Capilano.
- Thursday, February 14th – Continuum creator Simon Barry nominated for Writers Guild of Canada Screenwriter Award. Also on cover of Screenwriter magazine.
- Thursday, February 14th – Continuum films on Kellogg’s yacht, inside the police station set and in the trees next to Edgewater Casino.
- Wednesday, February 13th – A polar bear on Arctic Air 2×6. And she’s big and cranky. Read More »WEEK: February 11-17, 2013
Published February 15, 2013 on Vancouver is Awesome
One Valentine’s night. Three shoots. Vancouver production crews worked late into the night on Valentine’s Day to film scenes for TV series Supernatural, Arrow and Vancouver’s own Continuum in the downtown area. I looped around from Supernatural on Station Street beside Pacific Central Station to Arrow on Franklin Street near the Terminal City Ironworks complex to Continuum at the Plaza of Nations and back again to capture our crews at work.
Supernatural crew worked inside and outside the Ivanhoe Hotel at the rear on Station Street, not packing up until 2 a.m. One exterior scene had Sam and Dean Winchester (Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles) arriving at the motorhome below and possibly loading a prop dead body into the trunk of a car. Arrow set up on Franklin Street either in or near the Terminal City Ironworks complex in east Vancouver to film motorcycle scenes in the morning, Moira Queen (Susanna Thompson) in a rooftop meeting and much later, someone shooting arrows into a black town car. Wonder who? Arrow ran late so probably packed up past its scheduled 2 a.m. departure.. Continuum’s crew started early too at the Plaza of Nations on the dock to film scenes aboard Kellogg (Vancouver actor Stephen Lobo)’s yacht (Adriana), then moved inside their Vancouver police station set with background performers and back outside for night scenes aboard Kellogg’s yacht and a steadicam scene of mad time traveller Jason (Vancouver actor Ian Tracey).
Our crews work up to sixteen hours a day five days a week to bring scripts to life in all kinds of weather. Mostly cold and wet. Those lucky enough to still have jobs don’t have enough time to see their loved ones on Valentine’s Day far less watch the shows they work on. So no, these aren’t “Hollywood jobs”, but they are good well-paid ones. And they’re leaving for Toronto because of Ontario’s superior tax credits. As a result, Vancouver lost its bragging rights as North America’s third biggest film and TV production centre to Toronto (after Los Angeles and New York). And lately, it’s gone from bad to worse. British Columbia’s third biggest industry, generating over $1 billion, faced unprecedented unemployment last month. Read More »BIG READ: Vancouver Film Crews at Work – #SaveBCFilm
- Friday, January 25th – Continuum films scenes of Victor Webster at Vanier Park near Burrard Bridge and of Rachel Nichols in her black hi-tech cat suit doing a stunt kick at a night shoot with rain towers at the CBC Vancouver parking garage Later a green skin-suited double performs more stunts.
- Friday, January 25th – Vancouver sitcom Package Deal wraps taping of its first season in front of live studio audience in Burnaby, starring Randal Edwards, Julia Voth, Harland Williams and Jay Malone.
- Friday, January 25th – FOX orders JJ Abrams/Joel Wyman robot cops pilot, which could be filmed in Vancouver this March with former Fringe crew.
- Friday, January 25th – TVLine gets scoop of John Pyper-Ferguson casting as widower on Once Upon a Time.
- Thursday, January 24th – EW magazine gets First Look at Cult‘s creepy-cool key art, featuring Matt Davis, Jessica Lucas, Alona Tal and Robert Knepper
- Thursday, January 24th – TVLine gets First Look at Once Upon a Time‘s “Jack” of Beanstalk Fame.
- Thursday, January 24th – Supernatural films for 3rd & final day at Vancouver westside warehouse on 4th & Alberta. All inside.
- Thursday, January 24th – The CW releases an extended promo of Seth Gabel as “The Count” for Arrow 1×12 Vertigo
- Wednesday, January 23rd – Filmed-in-Vancouver-and-Yellowknife Arctic Air airs 2×3 Open Season, featuring the return of Nelson.
- Wednesday, January 23rd – Supernatural airs 8×11 LARP and the Real Girl with Sam & Dean in facepaint & cosplay in Coquitlam’s Mundy Park.
- Wednesday, January 23rd – Arrow airs 1×11 Trust and Verify guest-starring Ben Browder with key scenes filmedRead More »WEEK: January 21-27, 2013