“I want a picture of me with me” laughed Colin O’Donoghue when he spotted his doppelganger David — guyliner, sideburns, hook , black leather jacket… Read More »SHOOT: ONCE UPON A TIME Night Shoot in Steveston with Colin O’Donoghue & Jennifer Morrison
Update: Emma (Olivia Cooke) came to find Dylan (Max Thieriot) to tell him that Norman (Freddie Highmore) was in police custody after the death of… Read More »SHOOT: Olivia Cooke & Max Thieriot Film BATES MOTEL on Steveston Pier for 2×07
- Sunday, May 26th – Vancouver-cop-from-the-future series Continuum 2×05 Second Opinion airs on Showcase. Kiera (Rachel Nichols) has emotional breakdown on her son’s birthday which messes with her CMR. As if that wasn’t enough. Kiera is the target of a department mole hunt.
- Friday, May 24th – Godzilla main unit films in Steveston’s Finn Slough dressed as Japanese fishing village in nuclear quarantine zone.
- Friday, May 24th – Godzilla main unit films at USS Alameda set in Steveston’s Garry Point Park.
- Friday, May 24th – Neill Blomkamp’s Elysium starring Matt Damon & Jodie Foster makes Entertainment Weekly’s Summer Must List. In theatres on August 9th.
- Friday, May 24th – News that The CW will air final episodes of Cult in 2 hour blocks 8pm-10pm on June 28th, July 5th and July 12th.
- Thursday, May 23rd – Vancouver whydunnit Motive 1×02 Crimes of Passion airs on ABC network.
- Thursday, May 23rd – News that hometown comedy couple Brent Butt and Nancy Robertson to host Leo Awards Gala Ceremony.
- Thursday, May 23rd – Way of the Wicked starring Christian Slater and Peter Fanicelli films near Squamish in Minaty Bay on the Sea to Sky Highway.
- Thursday, May 23rd – Vancouver whydunit Motive settles into regular time slot on American network ABC but pre-empted locally by collapse of I-5 bridge over Skagit River near Seattle.
- Thursday, May 23rd – Continuum star Rachel Nichols tweets her thanks to episode director Amanda Tapping – Dear @amandatapping – being directed by you has been my favorite #Continuum experience. You are beautiful, brilliant & inspiring. Thank you.
- Thursday, May 23rd – Network Series Rankings: Once Upon a Time still a hit for ABC, ranking #17 in advertiser-coveted 18-49 demographic. Despite an uneven season, OUAT successfuly added Captain Hook (Colin O’Donoghue), the Jolly Roger and Neverland to its fictional worlds.
- Thursday, May 23rd – Godzilla 2nd unit films on Steveston docks dressed as San Francisco Fisherman’s Wharf for last time. Soldier stunt guys carry warhead.
- Thursday, May 23rd – Godzilla main unit snakes into Steveston’s Finn Slough dressed as Japanese fishing village in nuclear quarantine zone.
- Thursday, may 23rd – Godzilla main unit films on its USS Alameda set in Steveston’s Garry Point Park. A set which rocks & rolls like a Disney ride.
- Thursday, May 23rd – King & Maxwell with Jon Tenney & Rebecca Romijn films big scenes inside Pacific Central Station dressed as Washington, D.C. station with dozens Read More »WEEK: May 20-26, 2013
In tonight’s rehearsal, a group of US soldier extras carry a warhead onto a prop red San Francisco Whale Watching Tours boat at the Steveston docks. Will that be enough to make Godzilla go kaboom?
Godzilla fought other monsters last week for three nights in a row at the Steveston docks dressed like San Francisco Fisherman’s Wharf. U.S. soldiers did their best, shooting bullets at the primeval sea monsters in the water from a red Go Whales Tours whale-watching boat. Despite the noise of the simulated gunfire, it wasn’t effective. I asked the military extras if they thought they’d got him — “He’s still out there. Stay tuned,” they admitted.
And so Godzilla returns to the Steveston docks tonight, but this time with the second unit. Does this mean Godzilla goes kaboom?
- Sunday, May 19th – RoboCop starring Joel Kinnaman wraps its fourth & final day (May 16-19) in the Washington Building at Vancouver Shipyards in North Vancouver, Standoff between heroes and villains with simulated gunfire. You could hear the pop, pop, pop sound nearby.
- Saturday, May 18th – Lexus commercial films in downtown Business District.
- Friday, May 17th – Amanda Tapping directs Continuum on Cambie St. and Arch Alley downtown. First a scene with Stephen Lobo and Magda Apanowicz on Cambie. And then a scene with Victor Webster and a corpse in the gravel parking lot off Arch Alley.
- Friday, May 17th – Globe and Mail: Election upset has BC Film industry reeling over lost taxbreaks
- Friday, May 17th – Lifetime series Witches of East End,starring Julia Ormond, back on BC Production List. New filming dates: July 16 to October 21.
- Thursday, May 16th – Godzilla terrorizes Steveston for third night shoot on docks dressed as San Francisco’s Fisherman’s Wharf.
- Thursday, May 16th – Vancouver whydunnit Motive season finale airs on CTV with Amanda Tapping guest starring as hot psychologist. Crime scene filmed in David Lam Park in Yaletown.
- Thursday, May 16th – YVRShoots Series – Four filmed-in-Vancouver American pilots Once Upon a Time in Wonderland, Almost Human with Karl Urban & Michael Ealy, Intelligence with Josh Holloway and The 100 make it to series. But Intelligence will film its series in Los Angeles not Vancouver.
- Thursday, May 16th – The CW Upfront: The CW becomes the Amell network with cousins Arrow star Stephen Amell & Tomorrow People star Robbie Amell on stage and sharing a childhood photo to a chorus of Awwwws from the audience. The network plans to break up Supernatural and Arrow on Wednesday nights by moving the Winchesters to Tuesdays at 9 p.m. and replacing them with Tomorrow People, a new show which may shift production to Vancouver. But picked up series The 100 is not expected to air until 2014. Here’s a trailer filmed in local forest.
- Thursday May 16th – Continuum films inside CBC Vancouver. Episode directed by Amanda Tapping.
- Thursday, May 16th – The Killing films at Riverview.
- Thursday May 16th – Falling Skies showrunner Remi Aubuchon announces he’s stepping down. David Eick from Battlestar Galactica will take over for season four.
- Wednesday, May 15th – Godzilla in Steveston. Night shoot on docks dressed as San Francisco’s Fisherman’s Wharf.
- Wednesday, May 15th – Supernatural season eight finale. Angels fall from Heaven.
- Wednesday, May 15th – Arrow‘s epic season finale. Throughout the taut episode almost every character looked like he/she was about to sacrifice themselves but ultimately Tommy (Colin Donnell) was the one who did, sacrificing himself to save the woman he loved, Lauren (Katie Cassidy). Archer showdown between Emerald Archer (Stephen Amell/stunt double) & Dark Archer (John Barrowman/stunt double) on Hudson’s Bay roof downtown. Read More »WEEK: May 13-19, 2013
SHOOT: ONCE UPON A TIME’s Captain Hook on his Pirate Ship Set off Steveston Docks for Season Finale 2×22 – Updated
Updated March 31st – Once Upon a Time is filming in Steveston for four full days for its season two finale, And Straight on ‘Til Morning. Tuesday, March 26th, was Day One.
Once Upon a Time filmed a scene of Captain Hook (Colin O’Donoghue) at the helm of his pirate ship off the Steveston docks south of Vancouver today. Is he in Neverland for the season two finale? A boat towed the floating pirate ship set west while a camera boat did a pass of the set with a technocrane panning up to Hook on the painted side of the ship. Once Upon a Time did several takes of this and then the pirate ship set was towed into the docks. Unfortunately I missed earlier scenes on the pirate ship set.
SHOOT: BATES MOTEL Films in Steveston with Lost’s Nestor Carbonell & Pan Am’s Mike Vogel for 1×04 – Updated
Updated April 8, 2013 – In 1×04 Trust Me, the Sheriff & Deputy Sheriff are called to the docks where a fisherman has found murdered Keith Summers’s hand in his net.
A&E’s contemporary Psycho prequel series Bates Motel focuses on a younger version of Psycho movie killer Norman Bates (Freddie Highmore) in present-day Oregon and explores his relationship with his unhinged mother Norma Bates (Vera Farmiga) as he approaches his evil destiny. Described as a cross between Twin Peaks and Smallville, it’s Lost co-showrunner Carlton Cuse’s new show.
So it’s not surprising that Lost fan favourite Nestor Carbonell (who still gets asked if he wears eyeliner) is on board as the Sinister Sheriff. When I spotted White Pine Bay County Sheriff cars on the Steveston docks I hoped that Carbonell would be on set. Other sheriff staff walked up from the fishing boat where Bates Motel was filming but no Sinister one until the end. Carbonell’s Sheriff [Alex Romero] and Mike Vogel’s deputy Sheriff [Zack Shelby] left after the final scene on the docks. As Carbonell walked by me I asked him why he was Sinister and got a laugh and a smile but no details.