Now that’s a rain tower. Some people scoffed at the idea of Fifty Shades Darker using a rain tower to make rain in Rain City… Read More »SHOOT: FIFTY SHADES DARKER Rain Tower & Dakota Johnson at Vancouver’s Terminal City Club
Terminal City Club
LOCATION: FIFTY SHADES Filming in Downtown Vancouver’s Hornby Plaza & at Jameson House, Terminal City Club Monday
Fifty Shades plans to film in downtown Vancouver tomorrow afternoon and evening in Hornby Plaza and outside Jameson House across the street. There will be… Read More »LOCATION: FIFTY SHADES Filming in Downtown Vancouver’s Hornby Plaza & at Jameson House, Terminal City Club Monday
SHOOT: THE FLASH Films Rick Cosnett Walk-And-Talk Outside Terminal City Club in Downtown Vancouver for 1×19
Update: Eddie Thawne (Rick Cosnett) is chasing a shape-shifting meta-human. The Flash dotted both sides of the 800 block of West Hastings Street in… Read More »SHOOT: THE FLASH Films Rick Cosnett Walk-And-Talk Outside Terminal City Club in Downtown Vancouver for 1×19
SHOOT: THE TOMORROW PEOPLE with Robbie Amell Films in the Terminal City Club, Hornby Plaza & at Sinclair Centre
The Tomorrow People wrapped a big two-day shoot downtown earlier this week. It started on Sunday inside the Terminal City Club and then on snowy Monday… Read More »SHOOT: THE TOMORROW PEOPLE with Robbie Amell Films in the Terminal City Club, Hornby Plaza & at Sinclair Centre
- Sunday, June 16th – Weekend box office for Man of Steel: A superhero-worthy US$125.1 million in North America, breaking Toy Story 3’s record for biggest June opening weekend ever and second best debut of year next to Iron Man 3. Next up: Man of Steel 2 with good chunk to be filmed in Vancouver. EW has fun keeping track of “Inappropriate Tweets about Henry Cavill“.
- Sunday, June 16th – Continuum 2×08 Second Listen airs on Showcase: Kiera (Rachel Nichols) investigates the mysterious disappearance of several deceased time traveler’s bodies; Alec (Erik Knudsen) is taken hostage by Garza on orders from his future self.
- Sunday, June 16th – The Killing 3×04 Head Shots airs on AMC: Sarah Linden (Mireille Enos) and Stephen Holder (Joel Kinnaman) team up to find the “voice” on the tapes.’; Seward (Peter Sarsgaard) is given reason to stop acting up in prison.
- Sunday, June 16th – Falling Skies 3×03 Badlands airs on TNT: Humans attack Charleston with new President Tom Mason (Noah Wyle) on the frontlines. And concern grows about the mole among them.
- Sunday, June 16th – Godzilla main unit at Japanese village set on Front Street in New Westminster. Aaron Taylor-Johnson and Bryan Cranston spotted on set.
- Sunday, June 16th – Godzilla 2nd unit films controlled parachute jump from crane on Thurlow in downtown Vancouver.
- Friday, June 14th – Mireille Enos, Joel Kinnaman and Elias Koteas film The Killing seasson 3 finale in east Vancouver neighbourhood.
- Friday, June 14th – Man of Steel opens in theatres. BC filming of the Superman reboot starring Henry Cavill. Spot the BC actor: Ian Tracey, Tahmoh Penikett, Mike Dopud and others.
- Friday, June 14th – Arrow starts filming season 2 on July 9th according to DGBC production list.
- Thursday, June 13th – Man of Steel screening for Vancouver crew.
- Thursday, June 13th – YVRShoots Series – Best of BC-made TV and Film at Leo Awards from Continuum to Camera Shy
- Thursday, June 13th – EW’s first look at Once Upon a Time‘s Ginnifer Goodwin as Jackie Kennedy for the docudrama Killing Kennedy.
- Wednesday, June 12th – The Killing films scenes with Joel Kinnaman and Jewel Staite on the fifth floor gallery of the curtain wall inside the Vancouver Public Library atrium.
- Wednesday, June 12th – Bruce Boxleitner guest-stars on Cedar Cove with Andie MacDowell
- Tuesday, June 11th – Director Zach Snyder discusses Man of Steel 2., with portion to be filmed in Vancouver, starting January 2014 via @lemon_buzz.
- Tuesday, June 11th – Hugh Dillon of Continuum and The Killing films indie The Last Crop on Chinatown roof.
- Tuesday, June 11th – King & Maxwell films around The Bay downtown.
- Tuesday, June 11th – DirecTV renews Rogue with Thandie Newton for second season of 10 episodes.
- Tuesday, June 11th – Deadline reports that NBC orders rewrite and revamping of filmed-in-Vancouver pilot Victor with`John Stamos Read More »WEEK: June 10-16, 2013
King & Maxwell is about Washington, D.C. secret-service-agents-turned-private investigators Sean King (Jon Tenney) and Michelle Maxwell (Rebecca Romijn of The X-Men fame), based on the David Baldacci books. It debuted Monday night on TNT while King & Maxwell was shooting scenes in downtown Vancouver. This one took place in a laneway near the CIBC tower. After three to four hours of filming a foot chase sequence along both sides of the 800/900 blocks of West Hasting, former American Olympic athlete Maxwell (Romijn) finally nabbed her suspect (The Killing’s Goldie, aka Brendan Fletcher). King (Tenney) catches up after she’s grabbed him, pulled out his wallet and checked for ID. And then cracked up laughing after the shot. King & Maxwell is one of the most laidback cast and crews around town.
King & Maxwell debuts on TNT tonight. And today’s shoot in downtown Vancouver couldn’t have been more public or open. To transform the 800 block of West Hastings into Washington, D.C., crew changed signage, parked yellow Dulle International Airport cabs outside the Terminal City Club and dotted both sidewalks with well-dressed backgrounders for scenes of secret-service-agents-turned-private-investigators Sean King (Jon Tenney) and Michelle Maxwell (Rebecca Romijn) in a foot chase filmed by a camera on a golf cart. It took place on both sides of West Hastings and ended in an alley east of the CIBC Tower. I only caught two running takes. The first with both King and Maxwell, where former Olympic athlete Maxwell (Romijn) outruns her partner (Tenney), and the second with King on his own.
Run King & Maxwell Run!