Update: Joanna Beauchamp (Julia Ormond) goes back in the past to retrieve something, along with her sister Wendy (Madchen Amick) and resurrected daughter Freya (Jenna… Read More »SHOOT: WITCHES OF EAST END S2 in East Vancouver as Late 19th/Early 20th Century New York
Terminal City Ironworks complex
- Sunday, July 14th – Vancouver-cop-from-the-future series Continuum 2×10 Second Wave airs on Showcase: Kiera (Rachel Nichols) attends one of Julian (Richard Harmon)’s anti-corporate rallies filmed in Gastown’s Blood Alley Square with 250 police/protester background performers.
- Sunday, July 14th – The Killing 3×08 Try airs on AMC: Pastor Mike (Ben Cotton) abducts Sarah Linden (Mireille Enos). Bullet (Bex Taylor-Klaus) makes a choice to save Lyric (Julia Sarah Stone). The Province’s Glen Schaefer interviewed Julia Sarah Stone about her street kid role last month.
- Sunday, July 14th – Falling Skies 3×07 The Pickett Line airs on TNT: Tom (Noah Wyle) and sons Hal (Drew Roy), Ben (Connor Jessup) and Matt (Maxim Knight) leave Charleston to look for Anne (Moon Bloodgood) and baby Alexis, who have been captured by Karen (Jessy Scram). And the mole is revealed.
- Sunday, July 14th – Legendary Pictures releases a pre-taped message from Godzilla director Gareth Edwards about San Diego Comic-Con viral campaign.
- Saturday, July 13th – Glee star Cory Monteith, age 31, found dead at the Fairmont Pacific Rim Hotel. My brief post.
- Saturday, July 13th – Dinosaurs-run-amok-in-Vancouver series Primeval: New World 1×06 Cleanup on Aisle Three airs on Syfy in the U.S. Filmed in a Canadian Tire store and directed by Amanda Tapping.
- Friday, July 12th – Arrow Season 2 films overnight near Hastings Overpass in east Vancouver. Crew celebrated Colton Haynes’s 25th birthday with a cake. Stephen Amell on set in full costume as The Hood. And his stunt double Simon Burnett did stunt which hoisted him up in the air for three takes. Nearby Raymur Street was dressed as The Glades post-earthquake.
- Friday, July 12th – Continuum 2×11 airs on Syfy in the U.S.: Kiera (Rachel Nichols) sees the work of a future serial killer in a murder.
- Friday, July 12th – The CW airs Cult‘s the final final episodes 1×12 and 1×13 , starring Matt Davis, in a two-hour block.
- Friday, July 12th – Once Upon a Time films season 3 on its sound stages at The Bridge Studios in Vancouver.
- Friday, July 12th – Northern adventure series Arctic Air season 3 starring Adam Beach, Pascale Hutton and Kevin McNulty has an August 6th start date for filming via BC Production List.
- Friday, July 12th – The CW mid-season series The 100 starring Eliza Taylor has an August 26th start date for filming via BC Production List.
- Friday, July 12th – TVLine’s Michael Ausiello reports Virginia Madsen cast in recurring role on Witches of the East End.
- Friday, July 12th – Cyclist writes letter to editor of Vancouver Courier calling $100-million movie Godzilla “trash” for delaying his ride up Cypress Bowl Road in West Vancouver for several minutes.
- Thursday, July 11th -Vancouver whydunnit Motive 1×05 Public Enemy airs on ABC with talented BC Film guest stars: Molly Parker, Camille Sullivan and Cameron Bright.
- Thursday, July 11th – Psych season 8 films Shawn (James Roday) & Gus (Dule Hill) talking smack to Tom Arnold’s character Read More »WEEK: July 8-14, 2013
Who is the human? And who is the android?
Human John Kennex (Karl Urban of Star Trek) and android Dorian (Michael Ealy) are police partners investigating crimes in Los Angeles 35 years from now. But in this partnership, the android displays more emotions than the human because John is shut down after getting seriously hurt on a mission. From J.J. Abrams and former Fringe showrunner Joel Wyman, this new series pays homage to Fringe in so many ways. The production used many of the former Vancouver Fringe crew as well as its production signs BELLY. Some of the set dressing looked familiar too, with futuristic kiosks like Quick Volt electric car stations and Quick Stands offering everything from Experience Enhancers to Intellect Expanders and Synthetic Pets on set. Almost Human filmed for three weeks in the Vancouver area in familiar Fringe locations from the downtown business district to Gastown’s Winters Hotel to under the Cambie Bridge to the Terminal City Ironworks complex dressed like a Blue Light district.
- Sunday, April 14th – Once Upon a Time recap The Price of Magic airs, narrated by Alan Dale with help from showrunners Edward Kitsis & Adam Horowitz.
- Sunday, Arpil 14th – Bravo pilot Rita with Anna Gunn (Breaking Brad) and Josh Hamilton films at West Vancouver Community Centre.
- Saturday, Arpil 13th – First Weekend Club event at 7:50 p.m. showing of Vancouver feature Becoming Redwood at International Village. Q&A with some cast and producers after film, followed by drinks at Gastown’s Portside Pub.
- Saturday, April 13th – Simon Pegg’s Hector & the Search for Happiness films at Burrard Ironworks
- Saturday, April 13th – Deadline: Hollywood’s Primetime Pilot Panic Early Buzz 2 with nods to ABC pilot Big Thunder, ABC short presentation Once Wonderland, The CW’s The 100, NBC’s I Am Victor and Bravo’s Rita but FOX pilot Human still listed by earlier title InHuman.
- Saturday, April 13th – Canada becoming sci-fi leader led by Vancouver’s own cop-from-the-future series Continuum. Globe and Mail Arts article.
- Friday, April 12th – Vancouver feature Becoming Redwood opens at Internatiional Village. Interview with Vancouver writer-director Jesse James Miller in YVRShoots Series for Vancouver is Awesome.
- Friday, April 12th – ABC short presentation Once Wonderland (potential Once Upon a Time spinoff) with Sophie Lowe as Alice wraps filming in Vancouver.
- Friday, April 12th – CBS pilot Backstrom with Rainn Wilson as House-like detective wraps filming in Vancouver.
- Friday, April 12th – Man of Steel’s Henry Cavill on cover of Entertainment Weekly’s Summer Movies issue.
- Friday, April 12th – 3rd season set, prop & costume sale for hit sitcom Mr. Young at Burnaby studio (5828 Byrne Rd). April 12 (10am-4pm)
- Friday, April 12th – Globe and Mail reports amalgamation of B.C. Film Commission and B.C. Film + Media into Creative BC in a bid to help Save BC Film.
- Friday, April 12th – TVLine gets official confirmation that Curtis Armstrong is Metatron, the scribe of God, in Supernatural. Saw Armstrong filming with Misha Collins in Deep Cove.
- Thursday, April 11th – Arrow films season finale overnight at Terminal City Ironworks complex in east Vancouver. Stephen Amell on set.
- Thursday, April 11th – The Killing films on trails past Lafarge Lake in Coquitlam.
- Thursday, April 11th – Set, prop & costume sale for sitcom Mr. Young at Burnaby studio (5828 Byrne Rd). April 11 (12-4 pm) ending after three seasons.
- Thursday, April 11th – Words and Pictures seeks bike rider extras for filming on Monday April 15.
- Wednesday, April 10th – Amanda Tapping-directed Arctic Air 2×12 airs, with Dragons’ Den dragon David Chilton (The Wealthy Barber) guest-starring as himself in Burnaby as Calgary.
- Wednesday, April 10th – Psych wedding on 7×07 directed by James Roday as Lassie (Timothy Omundson) marries his gal Marlowe (Kristy Swanson). But first the bachelor party.
- Wednesday, April 10th – Rogue 1×03 Cathy’s Song with Grace (Thandie Newton) discovering link between one of Jimmy (Marton Csokas)’s associates and her son’s death on
Read More »WEEK: April 8-14, 2013
- Sunday, April 7th – Feature film Words & Pictures with Clive Owen & Juliette Binoche spends weekend filming at St. George’s private school in Vancouver.
- Saturday, April 6th – Once Upon a Time season two wrap party attended by showrunners Adam Horowitz & Eddy Kitsis.
- Saturday, April 6th – Arrow films 1×22 in the Telus Tower with Stephen Amell, John Barrowman, Willa Holland, Colton Haynes, Colin Donnell, Paul Blackthorne, Emily Bett Rickards on set.
- Saturday, April 6th – CBS pilot Backstrom films in The Regent Hotel in the downtown eastside and in the Vancouver Art Galley downtown with star Rainn Wilson on set.
- Saturday, April 6th – Early edition of Deadline’s Primetime Pilot Panic features six Vancouver-shot pilots: I Am Victor with John Stamos, Human with Karl Urban, Intelligence with Josh Holloway, Backstrom with Rainn Wilson, Big Thunder and The 100.
- Friday, April 5th – Once Upon a Time wraps filming of its second season in Vancouver very late Friday/early morning Saturday.
- Friday, April 5th – Dawn of the Planet of the Apes films in Golden Ears Park with Andy Serkis as Caesar, Jason Clarke, Keri Russell and motion-capture apes spotted on set.
- Friday, April 5th – Video of Godzilla in Golden Ears Park filming military rappelling down from helicopter to recover nuclear missile after Godzilla wrecks train carrying it.
- Friday, April 5th – TNT series King & Maxwell wtth Jon Tenney & Rebecca Romijn films driving scene near the Queen Elizabeth Theatre and more scenes inside The Centre.
- Friday, April 5th – CBS pilot Backstrom wraps three days of filming (Wednesday to Friday) inside the old Pappas Fur building downtown.
- Friday, April 5th – BC Production List says ABC pilot Big Thunder and CW pilots The 100 and Blink wrapped filming in Vancouver.
- Friday, April 5th – Cult 1×07 airs on The CW. Contains scene of Billy Grimm (Robert Knepper) speaking at Vancouver Art Gallery while Kelly Collins (Alona Tal) inspects his signature red car looking for evidence of an abduction.
- Friday, April 5th – Paul Reubens, aka Pee Wee Herman, cast as White Rabbit on Once Upon a Time‘s pilot presentation OnceWonderland, joining Sophie Lowe as Alice, Peter Gadiot as Cyrus, Michael Socha as the Knave of Hearts and Emma Rigby as the Red Queen. Filming is scheduled from April 8th – 12th.
- Thursday, April 4th – Vancouver whydunit Motive 1×09 airs on CTV with a young art lover as the victim.
- Thutsday, April 4th – Supernatural‘s Jensen Ackles & Jared Padalecki film an establishing shot with the Impala at the Holy Trinity Cathedral in New Westminster after filming scenes inside and then at the law courts.
- Thursday, April 4th – TNT series King & Maxwell films Jon Tenney & Rebecca Romijn at The Centre.
- Thursday, April 4th – CBS pilot Intelligence with Josh Holloway, Marg Helgenberger and Meghan Ory wraps filming in Vancouver.
- Thursday, April 4th – FOX pilot Human with Karl Urban, Michael Ealy, Minka Kelly & more wraps filming in Vancouver overnight in the Terminal City Ironworks complex in Read More »WEEK: April 1-7, 2013
Are we ready for a female version of Tony Soprano (The Sopranos) or Walter White (Breaking Bad) on American broadcast TV? Red Widow is about San Francisco widow Marta Walraven (Radha Mitchell) forced to replace her husband in the Russian mob after his murder in order to repay his debt and protect her family — son Gabriel (Sterling Beaumon),daughter Natalie (Erin Moriarty) and son Boris (Jakob Salvati).
Her husband was killed by the mafia. In order to erase a [$1.5 million] debt and protect her family, she is willing to work with his killers. How far would you go? For one mother, the only way out is deeper in. No time to mourn.
That debt is owed to crime lord Nicholae Schiller (Goran Visnjic). “I don’t play games Mrs. Walraven. Ever.” – Schiller
By the end of the first set of eight episodes, Marta Walraven won’t be as bad as Tony Soprano or Walter White but she will have gone from packing lunches to packing guns — with room to go darker.
- Sunday, February 17th – Once Upon a Time 2×14 Manhattan airs on ABC/CTV with Rumple (Robert Carlyle), Henry (Jared Gilmore) and Emma (Jennifer Morrison) in Gastown turned into Manhattan. And Emma chases and tackles a grey-hoodie man she thinks is Rumple’s son Bae.
- Sunday, February 17th- Vancouver crime drama Motive 1×3 airs on CTV, filmed in Queen Elizabeth Theatre as cruise ship terminal.
- Friday, February 15th – Godzilla reboot with Bryan Cranston, Eliabeth Olsen and Aaron Johnson and a script by The Walking Dead’s Frank Darabont gets filming dates on BC Production list. March 1st to June 1st
- Friday, February 15th – American TV pilots Backstrom (CBS), Big Thunder (ABC), Blink (The CW), Joel Wyman’s InHuman (FOX) and Rita (Bravo), appear on BC Production List. For details click here.
- Thursday, February 14th – Arrow films in the 1800 block Franklin Street and inside the Terminal City Ironworks complex in east Vancouver.
- Thursday, February 14th – Supernatural films inside the Ivanhoe Hotel and outside on Station Street.
- Thursday, February 14th – Motive films in North Vancouver near Marine Way & Capilano.
- Thursday, February 14th – Continuum creator Simon Barry nominated for Writers Guild of Canada Screenwriter Award. Also on cover of Screenwriter magazine.
- Thursday, February 14th – Continuum films on Kellogg’s yacht, inside the police station set and in the trees next to Edgewater Casino.
- Wednesday, February 13th – A polar bear on Arctic Air 2×6. And she’s big and cranky. Read More »WEEK: February 11-17, 2013
- Sunday, November 11th – Once Upon a Time‘s Red Riding Hood/Ruby-centric episode 2×07 Child of the Moon.
- Sunday, November 11th – Glen Schaefer (The Province)’s feature on Brent Butt’s big movie No Clue — No Bogart in this Joint
- Friday, November 9th – Fringe reveals the child Observer whom Walter hid in a pocket universe in the sixth episode of the final season, Through the Looking Glass and What Walter Found.
- Friday, November 9th – Red Widow films on the North Vancouver waterfront.
- Friday, November 9th – Bates Motel films in Fort Langley.
- Friday, November 9th – Battlestar Galactica prequel Blood and Chrome with Ben Cotton debuts first and second webisodes
- Thursday, November 8th – Sitcom Package Deal tapes its pilot in front of live studio audience in Burnaby.
- Thursday, November 8th – Brent Butt’s No Clue films in Coal Harbour on a yacht with a follow boat and a technocrane photographed by Rusty Deluce.
- Thrusday, November 8th – Emily Owens M.D.’s Mamie Gummer & Justin Hartley film at UBC’s Life Sciences Centre,
- Thursday, November 8th – Fringe films episode eleven on the platform for the West Coast Express at the Waterfront station with Loyalist soldiers, Peter, Olivia, Walter and the child Observer.
- Thursday, November 8th – News of AMC and Netflix nearing deal for surprise third season of The Killing via Deadline.com.
- Thursday, November 8th – News of Twilight fans already lining up for Monday’s Los Angeles premiere of The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn 2 Read More »WEEK: November 5-11, 2012