Does Hugh Dillon look scary in these photos? He doesn’t because this is a meetup with fan Julie Holden, but the actor-musician (The Headstones) has… Read More »ACTOR: Hugh Dillon on THE KILLING and CONTINUUM
- Sunday, July 14th – Vancouver-cop-from-the-future series Continuum 2×10 Second Wave airs on Showcase: Kiera (Rachel Nichols) attends one of Julian (Richard Harmon)’s anti-corporate rallies filmed in Gastown’s Blood Alley Square with 250 police/protester background performers.
- Sunday, July 14th – The Killing 3×08 Try airs on AMC: Pastor Mike (Ben Cotton) abducts Sarah Linden (Mireille Enos). Bullet (Bex Taylor-Klaus) makes a choice to save Lyric (Julia Sarah Stone). The Province’s Glen Schaefer interviewed Julia Sarah Stone about her street kid role last month.
- Sunday, July 14th – Falling Skies 3×07 The Pickett Line airs on TNT: Tom (Noah Wyle) and sons Hal (Drew Roy), Ben (Connor Jessup) and Matt (Maxim Knight) leave Charleston to look for Anne (Moon Bloodgood) and baby Alexis, who have been captured by Karen (Jessy Scram). And the mole is revealed.
- Sunday, July 14th – Legendary Pictures releases a pre-taped message from Godzilla director Gareth Edwards about San Diego Comic-Con viral campaign.
- Saturday, July 13th – Glee star Cory Monteith, age 31, found dead at the Fairmont Pacific Rim Hotel. My brief post.
- Saturday, July 13th – Dinosaurs-run-amok-in-Vancouver series Primeval: New World 1×06 Cleanup on Aisle Three airs on Syfy in the U.S. Filmed in a Canadian Tire store and directed by Amanda Tapping.
- Friday, July 12th – Arrow Season 2 films overnight near Hastings Overpass in east Vancouver. Crew celebrated Colton Haynes’s 25th birthday with a cake. Stephen Amell on set in full costume as The Hood. And his stunt double Simon Burnett did stunt which hoisted him up in the air for three takes. Nearby Raymur Street was dressed as The Glades post-earthquake.
- Friday, July 12th – Continuum 2×11 airs on Syfy in the U.S.: Kiera (Rachel Nichols) sees the work of a future serial killer in a murder.
- Friday, July 12th – The CW airs Cult‘s the final final episodes 1×12 and 1×13 , starring Matt Davis, in a two-hour block.
- Friday, July 12th – Once Upon a Time films season 3 on its sound stages at The Bridge Studios in Vancouver.
- Friday, July 12th – Northern adventure series Arctic Air season 3 starring Adam Beach, Pascale Hutton and Kevin McNulty has an August 6th start date for filming via BC Production List.
- Friday, July 12th – The CW mid-season series The 100 starring Eliza Taylor has an August 26th start date for filming via BC Production List.
- Friday, July 12th – TVLine’s Michael Ausiello reports Virginia Madsen cast in recurring role on Witches of the East End.
- Friday, July 12th – Cyclist writes letter to editor of Vancouver Courier calling $100-million movie Godzilla “trash” for delaying his ride up Cypress Bowl Road in West Vancouver for several minutes.
- Thursday, July 11th -Vancouver whydunnit Motive 1×05 Public Enemy airs on ABC with talented BC Film guest stars: Molly Parker, Camille Sullivan and Cameron Bright.
- Thursday, July 11th – Psych season 8 films Shawn (James Roday) & Gus (Dule Hill) talking smack to Tom Arnold’s character Read More »WEEK: July 8-14, 2013
- Sunday, June 23rd – The Killing 3×05 Scared and Running airs on AMC: Bullet (Bex Taylor Klaus) works with Sarah Linden (Mireille Enos) and Stephen Holder (Joel Kinnaman) to find girl on the run before killer does; Seward (Peter Sarsgaard) isn’t happy to see his son’s adoptive mother.
- Sunday, June 23rd – Falling Skies 3×04 At All Costs airs on TNT. President meets President.
- Sunday, June 23rd – Godzilla‘s main unit films in Vancouver’s Business District for second day on Everleigh Street off Thurlow and then the 1000 block of West Hastings (Oceanic Plaza) dressed as San Francisco BART station. Elizabeth Olsen on set under rain tower again but this time in action scene. 2nd unit films returns to debris-strewn Thurlow Street overnight but no controlled jump from crane this time.
- Sunday, June 23rd – YVRShoots Series – The Killing’s Mireille Enos & Joel Kinnaman Investigate Street Kid Deaths in S3
- Saturday/Sunday, June 22nd/23rd – Godzilla‘s second unit films massive SPFX explosions overnight at Watchmen’s Main Street set in Burnaby dressed as San Francisco’s Chinatown. Explosions much bigger than expected. Click on link for photo.
- Saturday, June 22nd – Godzilla‘s main unit films in Vancouver’s Busines District on Everleigh Street off Thurlow and then the 1000 block of West Hastings (Oceanic Plaza) dressed as a San Francisco BART station. Elizabeth Olsen gets drenched by rain tower.
- Saturday, June 22nd – Canada’s Constellation Awards in Toronto: Vancouver-cop-from-the-future series Continuum wins best sci-fi series and best female performance for Rachel Nichols and Vancouver-dinosaurs-run-amok series Primeval: New World wins best male performance for Niall Matter. Complete list of winners.
- Saturday, June 22nd – Primeval: New World 1×03 airs on Syfy in the U.S.
- Friday, June 21st – Continuum 2×03 airs on Syfy in the U.S. Drugs from the future and old- fashioned biker gangs.
- Friday, June 21st – Almost Human, Bates Motel, Once Upon a Time in Wonderland and Supernatural filming start dates appear on BC production list. Summer start dates in Vancouver for these American 2013-14 season series plus Arrow, Once Upon a Time and The Tomorrow People announced earlier.
- Friday, June 21st – New YTV teen sitcom Some Assembly Required gets start date of July 21st on BC production list.
- Friday, June 21st – Warner Bros. TV announces Arrow’s Stephen Amell; Supernatural’s Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles and Misha Collins; Almost Human’s Karl Urban (Star Trek) and Michael Ealy; The 100’s Henry Ian Cusick (Lost); The Tomorrow People‘s Robbie Amell and showrunners will be at ComicCon 2013 in San Diego, July 17th to 21st.
- Friday, June 21st – Movie World War Z in theatres, featuring The Killing‘s Mireille Enos as Brad Pitt’s wife.
- Friday, June 21st – The Killing films season 3 finale at a house near Queens Park in New Westminster. Mireille Enos, Joel Kinnaman & Elias Koteas on set.
- Friday, June 21st – The Province’s Alex Strachan interviews Hugh Dillon of The Killing and Continuum.
- Thursday, June 20th – ABC Studios announces Once Upon a Time and Once Upon a Time in Wonderland casts and showrunners will be at ComicCon 2013 in San Diego on Saturday, July 20th. Read More »WEEK: June 17-23, 2013
Published June 23, 2013 on Vancouver is Awesome Season three of The Killing introduces us to a darker, seedier part of Seattle called “The Jungle” where teenage… Read More »BIG READ: THE KILLING’s Mireille Enos & Joel Kinnaman Investigate Street Kids Deaths in S3
The Killing almost went unnoticed filming its season 3 finale in the 2100 block of Napier Street in east Vancouver on Friday. A few people stopped and stared for a bit but fans didn’t find the shoot until mid-afternoon. A prop Seattle police squad car and two unmarked ones lined the residential neighbourhood for scenes of our detective duo Sarah Linden (Mireille Enos) and Stephen Holder (Joel Kinnaman) meeting Lieutenant James Skinner (Elias Koteas) , head of Seattle’s Special Investigations Unit and Linden’s former lover, on site. Is this the house of a suspect? Or a victim’s parents? We’ll have to wait and see. Crew said there wasn’t anything spoilery about the day’s shoot but to watch out for episode ten. That’s the big one.
Holder has a girlfriend. And she’s sticking around. The Killing filmed scenes on Wednesday of detective Stephen Holder (Joel Kinnaman in his Holder hoodie) meeting his season three Assistant District Attorney girlfriend Caroline (Jewel Staite) on the level five walkway of the Vancouver Public Library’s curtain wall. He waits for her on a bench, approaches her and they have looooong talk with lots of endearing Holderisms I’m sure, because he’s smiling and at one point hugs her and then later kisses her. Best moment from this couple so far: Holder’s “hot” tat Serenity, a nod to Jewel Staite’s role on the Joss Whedon space western Firefly.
Fresh off its season three premiere last Sunday, The Killing filmed scenes of Adrian ( Rowan Longworth) with a soccer ball, leaving the school grounds… Read More »SHOOT: “Picasso Drawing” Artist Rowan Longworth Films THE KILLING – Updated
The Killing’s detective duo Sarah Linden (Mireille Enos) and Stephen Holder (Joel Kinnaman) reunite a year after the Rosie Larsen case when the death of a working girl connects to a previous investigation of Linden’s. Is someone killing Seattle street kids? 17 victims and counting.
Street kid regulars led by Twitch (Max Fowler).
Below a Joel Kinnaman look that AMC has dubbed Smolder instead of Holder.
Read More »PROMOS: Season Three Images of THE KILLING