“This is the most expensive dance party you’re ever going to go to.” – Tomorrowland director. What to do with 300 extras dressed as if… Read More »SHOOT: TOMORROWLAND Dance Party at H.R. MacMillan Space Centre
- Sunday, July 14th – Vancouver-cop-from-the-future series Continuum 2×10 Second Wave airs on Showcase: Kiera (Rachel Nichols) attends one of Julian (Richard Harmon)’s anti-corporate rallies filmed in Gastown’s Blood Alley Square with 250 police/protester background performers.
- Sunday, July 14th – The Killing 3×08 Try airs on AMC: Pastor Mike (Ben Cotton) abducts Sarah Linden (Mireille Enos). Bullet (Bex Taylor-Klaus) makes a choice to save Lyric (Julia Sarah Stone). The Province’s Glen Schaefer interviewed Julia Sarah Stone about her street kid role last month.
- Sunday, July 14th – Falling Skies 3×07 The Pickett Line airs on TNT: Tom (Noah Wyle) and sons Hal (Drew Roy), Ben (Connor Jessup) and Matt (Maxim Knight) leave Charleston to look for Anne (Moon Bloodgood) and baby Alexis, who have been captured by Karen (Jessy Scram). And the mole is revealed.
- Sunday, July 14th – Legendary Pictures releases a pre-taped message from Godzilla director Gareth Edwards about San Diego Comic-Con viral campaign.
- Saturday, July 13th – Glee star Cory Monteith, age 31, found dead at the Fairmont Pacific Rim Hotel. My brief post.
- Saturday, July 13th – Dinosaurs-run-amok-in-Vancouver series Primeval: New World 1×06 Cleanup on Aisle Three airs on Syfy in the U.S. Filmed in a Canadian Tire store and directed by Amanda Tapping.
- Friday, July 12th – Arrow Season 2 films overnight near Hastings Overpass in east Vancouver. Crew celebrated Colton Haynes’s 25th birthday with a cake. Stephen Amell on set in full costume as The Hood. And his stunt double Simon Burnett did stunt which hoisted him up in the air for three takes. Nearby Raymur Street was dressed as The Glades post-earthquake.
- Friday, July 12th – Continuum 2×11 airs on Syfy in the U.S.: Kiera (Rachel Nichols) sees the work of a future serial killer in a murder.
- Friday, July 12th – The CW airs Cult‘s the final final episodes 1×12 and 1×13 , starring Matt Davis, in a two-hour block.
- Friday, July 12th – Once Upon a Time films season 3 on its sound stages at The Bridge Studios in Vancouver.
- Friday, July 12th – Northern adventure series Arctic Air season 3 starring Adam Beach, Pascale Hutton and Kevin McNulty has an August 6th start date for filming via BC Production List.
- Friday, July 12th – The CW mid-season series The 100 starring Eliza Taylor has an August 26th start date for filming via BC Production List.
- Friday, July 12th – TVLine’s Michael Ausiello reports Virginia Madsen cast in recurring role on Witches of the East End.
- Friday, July 12th – Cyclist writes letter to editor of Vancouver Courier calling $100-million movie Godzilla “trash” for delaying his ride up Cypress Bowl Road in West Vancouver for several minutes.
- Thursday, July 11th -Vancouver whydunnit Motive 1×05 Public Enemy airs on ABC with talented BC Film guest stars: Molly Parker, Camille Sullivan and Cameron Bright.
- Thursday, July 11th – Psych season 8 films Shawn (James Roday) & Gus (Dule Hill) talking smack to Tom Arnold’s character Read More »WEEK: July 8-14, 2013
Legendary Pictures shared a set photo of apprentice Tom Ward (Ben Barnes) and Master Gregory (Jeff Bridges) in dark fantasy Seventh Son ahead of the release of a new trailer. Adapted from Joseph Delaney’s The Wardstone Chronicles series, it’s about a Falcon Knight, Master Gregory, who imprisoned an evil witch Mother Malkin (Julianne Moore) years ago. When she escapes, Gregory has until the next blood moon to train apprentice Tom — the seventh son of a seventh son — to fight her dark magic.
Gozilla returned to Oceanic Plaza dressed as San Francisco in Vancouver’s Business District on Sunday to film more scenes of Elizabeth Olsen doused by rain… Read More »SHOOT: Elizabeth Olsen Drenched by Rain Tower at GODZILLA in Downtown Vancouver – Day 2
King & Maxwell crew turned the Stanley Park Pavilion into the Leavitt Inn, the site of an attempted assassination at a Washington D.C. press conference. Today was the day for all the exterior scenes including one on the other side of former secret service agent Michelle Maxwell (Rebecca Romijn) coming around the side of a prop catering van with her gun extended after shots are fired. Crew called out “Bang Bang” as a signal for the background performers to scatter on each take. Tomorrow production moves inside for gunfire scenes in the ballroom and maintenance tunnel. Catherine Bell is guest-starring in this episode, one of several this season, but I haven’t heard how her character fits in.
For locals, Godzilla‘s Golden Gate Bridge set is Rise of the Planet of the Apes redux on the vast Kent Hangar gravel field at the Vancouver/Burnaby border. Rust-red street lights and railings. Giant greenscreens. Motorists and buses trapped on the bridge. Soldiers. Cop cars. Only this time the showdown is between the military/police and Godzilla not empowered apes. Plus the giant greenscreens are inflatable, something we haven’t seen before.
Lieutenant Ford (Aaron Taylor-Johnson)’s son and schoolkid extras are on one of the Oakland, Alameda and Freemont school district buses evacuating San Francisco, as tanks with soldiers rolled by yesterday.
Update: Janjira is the name of the Japanese nuclear power plant in the Godzilla reboot
Godzilla crew remade Steveston’s Japanese Cultural Centre/Martial Arts Centre into the Jankira International School for filming on Wednesday, adding fake pink cherry blossoms to the east side of the trees outside and parking a prop Japanese school bus and giant blue screen on the west side where the camera would focus. Dozens of child extras dressed in school uniforms practiced running out of the centre into the bus or towards Moncton Street. And had fun doing it. It’s not clear where the monster is in this scene because it’s unlikely they would run towards it. [Update: this evacuation might have more to do with an earthquake and potential nuclear disaster at the Janjira reactors nearby]
Godzilla star Aaron Taylor-Johnson (Lieutenant Ford) filmed a scene last Tuesday in a closed intersection in Steveston south of Vancouver with 200 military extras and… Read More »SHOOT: GODZILLA Lead Aaron Taylor-Johnson Films in Steveston
Feature film Godzilla invaded Steveston last week. Two hundred U.S. military extras stormed the village to protect it from the wrath of the Japanese monster. Ahead of the Tuesday shoot, crew turned Moncton Street into a different American town instead of the familiar Storybrooke, Maine, of Once Upon a Time. They covered up the Steveston Marine & Hardware with Tall Pines Tools and Fasteners rather than Welcome to Storybrooke. Turned the Cannery Cafe into Taqueria Bosque. instead of Granny’s Diner. Dressed Splash Toys as the Wood Eagle Bar rather than Neighbour’s. And so on.
U.S. military backgrounders outside what used to be Mr. Gold’s Pawnbroker in Storybrooke.