iZombie Wraps. ByeZombie. Bye stir-fried brains. iZombie has wrapped five seasons of filming in Vancouver. Wrap party last weekend. We’ll miss zombie Liv Moore (Rose… Read More »BYE ZOMBIE: iZOMBIE With Rose McIver Has Wrapped Filming in Vancouver
Correction: Told Frankenstein on first set only. Frankenstein was on set at Once Upon a Time in Burnaby’s Central Park today. The Doctor (David Anders)… Read More »SHOOT: ONCE UPON A TIME in Burnaby’s Central Park With David Anders as Frankenstein
Update: Turns out, the one and only time I saw Zombie Blaine at Meat Cute was for the iZombie season finale. And next season, Blaine… Read More »SHOOT: iZOMBIE’s David Anders & Aleks Paunovic Film at Big Lou’s Butcher Shop in Downtown Eastside
TCA NEWS: iZOMBIE Panel With Showrunners Rob Thomas & DiZombie, loosely based on the DC Comics property, has been adapted by Veronica Mars’ Rob Thomas & Diane Ruggiero & Cast Rose McIver, Malcolm Goodwin, Rahul Kohli, Robert Buckley & David Anders
[sz-youtube url=”https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWCyqJv6q7g” /] iZombie panel at the TCA winter press tour….From the brains behind Veronica Mars…Tuesday March 17….Dead is the New Living. Meet Liv. She’s… Read More »TCA NEWS: iZOMBIE Panel With Showrunners Rob Thomas & DiZombie, loosely based on the DC Comics property, has been adapted by Veronica Mars’ Rob Thomas & Diane Ruggiero & Cast Rose McIver, Malcolm Goodwin, Rahul Kohli, Robert Buckley & David Anders
COMIC-CON: iZOMBIE with Showrunner Rob Thomas & Cast Rose McIver, Malcolm Goodwin, Rahul Kohli, Robert Buckley & David Anders
iZombie ended up not screening its full pilot at Warner Brothers TV’s Preview Night because it’s not complete. Some re-casting has been done since showrunner Rob Thomas… Read More »COMIC-CON: iZOMBIE with Showrunner Rob Thomas & Cast Rose McIver, Malcolm Goodwin, Rahul Kohli, Robert Buckley & David Anders
START DATES: It’s American TV Pilot Season – AGENT X, THE FLASH, SEA OF FIRE, WARRIORS, PROOF, EXPOSED, iZOMBIE, BLOODLINES, ONLY HUMAN & BACKSTROM Reshoots
[sz-youtube url=”http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0ukYf_xvgc” /] Are TV pilots a waste of time and money? Kevin Spacey (Netflix’s House of Cards) challenged American TV networks in his keynote address… Read More »START DATES: It’s American TV Pilot Season – AGENT X, THE FLASH, SEA OF FIRE, WARRIORS, PROOF, EXPOSED, iZOMBIE, BLOODLINES, ONLY HUMAN & BACKSTROM Reshoots
- Sunday, May 5th – Red Widow finale The Hit 1×08 Convinced that Schiller (Goran Visnjic) murdered her husband, Marta (Radha Mitchell) asks for help with a revenge plot. But it turns out Schiller didn’t make her a widow. Her own father did because he didn’t want to lose his grandkids. Unfortunately no one tells Natalie (Erin Moriarty) who pulls a gun on Schiller in the final scene of the finale filmed at the Guiness Tower downtown last year.
- Sunday, May 5th – Continuum 2×03 Vancouver-cop-from-the-future Kiera (Rachel Nichols) investigates a new street drug she recognizes because her sister was hooked on it in the future. The scenes of Kiera finding her sister in a shanty town for the “emancipated” were filmed on a parkade rooftop in Gastown. In present day, Alec Sandler (Erik Knudsen)’s friends drop the drug on the CBC Plaza and rival Liber8 operatives and former lovers Sonya and Travis go to war using gangs as their weapons.
- Sunday, May 5th – Once Upon a Time 2×21 Young Baelfire (Dylan Schmid) is befriended by the Darling family of Peter Pan fame. Grownup Baelfire/Neal (Michael Raymond-James) intervenes in his father (Robert Carlyle)’s attempted stomping of Dr. Whale (David Anders( to impress Lacey (Emilie de Ravin); much needed talk between Emma (Jennifer Morrison) and grownup Baelfire/Neal takes place on Third Beach in Stanley Park, Meanwhile, Greg (Ethan Embry) and Tamara (Sonequa Martin Green) torture Regina (Lana Parilla) in Steveston cannery buildings.
- Sunday, May 5th – Feature film Robocop with Joel Kinnaman, which shot last summer in Toronto, films in SFU Woodward’s underground parking and later at Granville and Dunsmuir.
- Sunday May 5th – Words and Pictures with Clive Owen and Juliette Binoche scheduled to wrap filming in Vancouver, according to latest B.C. Production List.
- Friday, May 3rd – Falling Skies screens first half of its 2-hour premiere at EW’s Capetown Festival in Hollywood, followed by a Q&A with showrunner Remi Aubuchon and cast members Noah Wyle, Moon Bloodgood, Drew Roy and Maxim Knight. Season 3 scoop.
- Friday, May 3rd – EW has exclusive video of J.J. Abrams, Joel Wyman and John Noble talking about bringing closure to Fringe. One of the extras on the blu-ray/DVD for sale on Tuesday, May 7th.
- Friday, May 3rd – Robocop films on farm on Dyke Road in Richmond. Camera on crane spotted.
- Friday, May 3rd – Cedar Cove films in Deep Cove with Andie MacDowell walking on beach and on dock.
- Friday, May 3rd – Continuum films inside CBC Vancouver.
- Friday, May 3rd – ABC movie Christmas Bounty films at University of British Columbia.
- Friday, May 3rd – New poster for Man of Steel features Henry Cavill in Superman suit and cape.
- Friday, May 3rd – Tim Burton film Big Eyes with Christoph Waltz and Amy Adams scheduled to film here from July 8th to August 23rd, according to latest BC Production List.
- Thursday, May 2nd – Film accelerator Cinecoup‘s Top 15 announced. Vote to finance one of these films with $1 million. 6 from Vancouver: Alien Abduction, Bad, Grade Nine, SCAM, The Fall and The Mill and the Mountain.
- Thursday, May 2nd – Vancouver whydunit Motive 1×11 Brute Force airs on CTV, with Jarod Joseph as The Killer and Adrian Holmes as The Victim, Read More »WEEK: April 29 – May 5, 2013
So Rumplestiltskin/Mr. Gold (Robert Carlyle) is escalating his bad behaviour in Storybrooke to woo Belle’s cursed self Lacey (Emilie de Ravin). As I’ve said before, this is not RumBelle. More like The Dark One and the Tramp. How nasty will it get? An ABC.com preview of the first eight minutes of next Sunday’s penultimate episode shows us. The scene below opens with Dr. Whale (David Anders) on the ground outside The Rabbit Hole. looking up at the sole Mr. Gold’s boot. Whale’s crime: “You stared at her and I know how you think,” Mr. Gold pronounces as Lacey giggles, dressed in her signature barfly style of short dress, fishnets and heels.
David Anders (Once Upon a Time and Alias) is the next cult guest star to drop by Arrow. We’ll meet him next Wednesday night as infamous Starling City criminal Cyrus Vanch, who plans to take on Stephen Amell’s The Hood to re-establish his reputation as a leading crime lord. Something tells me it won’t work out.
But the theme of the episode is betrayal and there seems to be plenty of that to go around. In the Island flashbacks, Stephen Amell’s Oliver Queen meets Manu Bennett’s man-behind-the-Deathstroke-mask who claims there are two masks..
Flash forward to Starling City where the major betrayals are parental. Katie Cassidy’s Laurel is betrayed by her father who uses her as bait to capture The Hood, filmed in the rain on top of the Bentall parkade in front of a gaggle of visiting American TV journalists. Afterward Laurel angrily tells Colin Donnell’s Tommy about it but he’s not thrilled she kept her meetings with The Hood secret from him.