FOX summer TCA panel, August 1, 2013. Showrunner J.H. Wyman confirmed what was suspected in Vancouver. The pilot that people have seen in screeners and… Read More »TCA NEWS: ALMOST HUMAN Reshot Some of its Vancouver Pilot This Summer
- Sunday, July 14th – Vancouver-cop-from-the-future series Continuum 2×10 Second Wave airs on Showcase: Kiera (Rachel Nichols) attends one of Julian (Richard Harmon)’s anti-corporate rallies filmed in Gastown’s Blood Alley Square with 250 police/protester background performers.
- Sunday, July 14th – The Killing 3×08 Try airs on AMC: Pastor Mike (Ben Cotton) abducts Sarah Linden (Mireille Enos). Bullet (Bex Taylor-Klaus) makes a choice to save Lyric (Julia Sarah Stone). The Province’s Glen Schaefer interviewed Julia Sarah Stone about her street kid role last month.
- Sunday, July 14th – Falling Skies 3×07 The Pickett Line airs on TNT: Tom (Noah Wyle) and sons Hal (Drew Roy), Ben (Connor Jessup) and Matt (Maxim Knight) leave Charleston to look for Anne (Moon Bloodgood) and baby Alexis, who have been captured by Karen (Jessy Scram). And the mole is revealed.
- Sunday, July 14th – Legendary Pictures releases a pre-taped message from Godzilla director Gareth Edwards about San Diego Comic-Con viral campaign.
- Saturday, July 13th – Glee star Cory Monteith, age 31, found dead at the Fairmont Pacific Rim Hotel. My brief post.
- Saturday, July 13th – Dinosaurs-run-amok-in-Vancouver series Primeval: New World 1×06 Cleanup on Aisle Three airs on Syfy in the U.S. Filmed in a Canadian Tire store and directed by Amanda Tapping.
- Friday, July 12th – Arrow Season 2 films overnight near Hastings Overpass in east Vancouver. Crew celebrated Colton Haynes’s 25th birthday with a cake. Stephen Amell on set in full costume as The Hood. And his stunt double Simon Burnett did stunt which hoisted him up in the air for three takes. Nearby Raymur Street was dressed as The Glades post-earthquake.
- Friday, July 12th – Continuum 2×11 airs on Syfy in the U.S.: Kiera (Rachel Nichols) sees the work of a future serial killer in a murder.
- Friday, July 12th – The CW airs Cult‘s the final final episodes 1×12 and 1×13 , starring Matt Davis, in a two-hour block.
- Friday, July 12th – Once Upon a Time films season 3 on its sound stages at The Bridge Studios in Vancouver.
- Friday, July 12th – Northern adventure series Arctic Air season 3 starring Adam Beach, Pascale Hutton and Kevin McNulty has an August 6th start date for filming via BC Production List.
- Friday, July 12th – The CW mid-season series The 100 starring Eliza Taylor has an August 26th start date for filming via BC Production List.
- Friday, July 12th – TVLine’s Michael Ausiello reports Virginia Madsen cast in recurring role on Witches of the East End.
- Friday, July 12th – Cyclist writes letter to editor of Vancouver Courier calling $100-million movie Godzilla “trash” for delaying his ride up Cypress Bowl Road in West Vancouver for several minutes.
- Thursday, July 11th -Vancouver whydunnit Motive 1×05 Public Enemy airs on ABC with talented BC Film guest stars: Molly Parker, Camille Sullivan and Cameron Bright.
- Thursday, July 11th – Psych season 8 films Shawn (James Roday) & Gus (Dule Hill) talking smack to Tom Arnold’s character Read More »WEEK: July 8-14, 2013
Vancouver-shot pilots have dominated San Diego Comic-Con’s Preview Night for years, largely because Warner Bros. Television has such a big presence here. 2013 is no exception with pilots Almost Human and The 100 and the New York-shot pilot The Tomorrow People — which has shifted production to Vancouver — all to be screened in Ballroom 20 on Wednesday night, July 17th.
Almost Human — Part-robot human Detective John Kennex and part-human robot Dorian are a buddy cop duo in future Los Angeles, where all cops must partner with androids known as synthetics. The pilot was filmed all over in Vancouver this past March in some familiar Fringe locations. It stars Karl Urban (John Kennex), Michael Ealy (Dorian), Minka Kelly, Mackenzie Crook, Michael Irby and Lili Taylor and is produced by uber-producer J.J. Abrams, Fringe showrunner J.H. Wyman and others. And if you miss the Wednesday night screening, you can catch the pilot at the Almost Human panel on Friday, July 19th, followed by a Q&A with cast and showrunners. The series begins filming in Vancouver after Comic-Con and FOX plans to debut it on Monday nights after the World Series, starting November 4th.
Panel: Friday, July 19th – 4:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. in Ballroom 20.
The 100— A nuclear apocalypse kills humanity on Earth but fortunately not everyone is on the ground. Twelve space stations are in orbit and come together to form the Ark. Read More »COMIC-CON SKED: Sneak Peeks of Pilots & Panels for ALMOST HUMAN, THE 100 & THE TOMORROW PEOPLE
Dates subject to change. Big American network and cable TV series return to Vancouver this summer, with out-of-the-box hit Arrow scheduled to start filming of its… Read More »START DATES: Vancouver Filming of American 2013-14 Season TV Shows – Revised
- Sunday, May 19th – RoboCop starring Joel Kinnaman wraps its fourth & final day (May 16-19) in the Washington Building at Vancouver Shipyards in North Vancouver, Standoff between heroes and villains with simulated gunfire. You could hear the pop, pop, pop sound nearby.
- Saturday, May 18th – Lexus commercial films in downtown Business District.
- Friday, May 17th – Amanda Tapping directs Continuum on Cambie St. and Arch Alley downtown. First a scene with Stephen Lobo and Magda Apanowicz on Cambie. And then a scene with Victor Webster and a corpse in the gravel parking lot off Arch Alley.
- Friday, May 17th – Globe and Mail: Election upset has BC Film industry reeling over lost taxbreaks
- Friday, May 17th – Lifetime series Witches of East End,starring Julia Ormond, back on BC Production List. New filming dates: July 16 to October 21.
- Thursday, May 16th – Godzilla terrorizes Steveston for third night shoot on docks dressed as San Francisco’s Fisherman’s Wharf.
- Thursday, May 16th – Vancouver whydunnit Motive season finale airs on CTV with Amanda Tapping guest starring as hot psychologist. Crime scene filmed in David Lam Park in Yaletown.
- Thursday, May 16th – YVRShoots Series – Four filmed-in-Vancouver American pilots Once Upon a Time in Wonderland, Almost Human with Karl Urban & Michael Ealy, Intelligence with Josh Holloway and The 100 make it to series. But Intelligence will film its series in Los Angeles not Vancouver.
- Thursday, May 16th – The CW Upfront: The CW becomes the Amell network with cousins Arrow star Stephen Amell & Tomorrow People star Robbie Amell on stage and sharing a childhood photo to a chorus of Awwwws from the audience. The network plans to break up Supernatural and Arrow on Wednesday nights by moving the Winchesters to Tuesdays at 9 p.m. and replacing them with Tomorrow People, a new show which may shift production to Vancouver. But picked up series The 100 is not expected to air until 2014. Here’s a trailer filmed in local forest.
- Thursday May 16th – Continuum films inside CBC Vancouver. Episode directed by Amanda Tapping.
- Thursday, May 16th – The Killing films at Riverview.
- Thursday May 16th – Falling Skies showrunner Remi Aubuchon announces he’s stepping down. David Eick from Battlestar Galactica will take over for season four.
- Wednesday, May 15th – Godzilla in Steveston. Night shoot on docks dressed as San Francisco’s Fisherman’s Wharf.
- Wednesday, May 15th – Supernatural season eight finale. Angels fall from Heaven.
- Wednesday, May 15th – Arrow‘s epic season finale. Throughout the taut episode almost every character looked like he/she was about to sacrifice themselves but ultimately Tommy (Colin Donnell) was the one who did, sacrificing himself to save the woman he loved, Lauren (Katie Cassidy). Archer showdown between Emerald Archer (Stephen Amell/stunt double) & Dark Archer (John Barrowman/stunt double) on Hudson’s Bay roof downtown. Read More »WEEK: May 13-19, 2013
One Broken Man. One of a Kind Machine. Their Future. Is Definitely. Unwritten.
Almost Human showrunner Joel Wyman shared the official trailer for the new filmed-in-Vancouver series shown at the FOX Upfront in New York today. The look and style of this pilot is even better than expected. Especially the dry humour and banter between this buddy cop duo of part-robot human and part-human robot.
[sz-youtube url=”http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykwxg534yAw” /]
Almost Human is scheduled to air on Mondays at 8 p.m. on FOX this fall after the World Series.
- Sunday, May 12th – Once Upon a Time season two finale. Hook (Colin O’Donoghue) rescues young Baelfire from the water in Neverland. Back in Storybrooke, Rumple (Robert Carlyle) and Henry (Jared Gilmore) learn from the Charmings (Ginnifer Goodwin, Jennifer Morrison & Josh Dallas) in the Kuno Garden that grownup Baelfire/Neal (Michael Raymond-James) is lost. Greg (Ethan Embry) and Tamara (Sonequa Martin-Green) activate the trigger in the curse. Hook sails away from Storybrooke on his ship after stealing a magic bean. Back in Neverland, Hook gives Baelfire to the Lost Boys. In Storybrooke, the Charmings and Regina (Lana Parrilla) stop the trigger but Henry is captured. They rush to the docks in time to see him taken through a portal to Neverland. Hook comes back with the Jolly Roger and magic bean and they set off through a portal too to rescue Henry. Meanwhile, the Lost Boys row young Baelfire ashore but let him live because he’s not the right boy. Who is? Turns out Peter Pan wants Henry. Oh and grownup Baelfire/Neal is alive.
- Sunday, May 12th – Vancouver-cop-from-the-future series Continuum 2×04 Kiera (Rachel Nichols) races to track down what she thinks is another time traveler and finds her but that’s not who’s wearing a high-tech suit from the future. SGU’s Patrick Gilmore is but as a costume.
- Sunday, May 12th – Leo Award Nominations: Film Becoming Redwood with 14 & TV series Continuum with 16 top the nominations. Arctic Air picks up 14; Arrow, 8 and Primeval: New World, 6.
- Sunday, May 12th – Movie Robocop fims inside the Vancouver Convention Centre dressed as OmniCorp. and has night shoot in alley off Victory Square downtown.
- Saturday, May 11th – Movie Robocop films inside the Vancouver Convention Centre dressed as OmniCorp in night shoot.
- Friday, May 10th – Joel Kinnaman as Robocop on his motorcycle near Olympic Cauldron at Vancouver Convention Centre dressed as OmniCorp in night shoot.
- Friday, May 10th – Bates Motel evening at Paley Center — Reimagining a Cinema Icon – with cast Vera Farmiga, Freddie Highmore, Max Thieriot, Nestor Carbonell, Nicola Peltz and showrunners Carlton Cuse and Kerry Ehrin.
- Friday, May 10th – Aaron Taylor-Johnson & Elizabeth Olsen film Godzilla in Massey Heights house in New Westminster.
- Friday, May 10th – The Killing films on Terminal Avenue and Station Street near Pacific Central Station.
- Friday, May 10th – Psych films on private property between Whiterock and Crescent Beach.
- Friday, May 10th – ABC orders Once Upon a Time in Wonderland to series with John Lithgow now voicing the White Rabbit but passes on pilot Big Thunder and Read More »WEEK: May 6-12, 2013