Photos by Larry/@BastardSonVan. For an action-packed show, Arrow sure boasts a lot of “shipper” fan groups. And they want to know what’s happening with the… Read More »YOUR SHOOT: ARROW’s S2 Love Triangle Gets Complicated
Saturday, July 20, 2013. 5:15 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. Ballroom 20.
- A surprise guest appearance by John Barrowman (The Dark Archer/Malcolm Merlyn) on stage wearing an Arrow t-shirt. But it appears his character is dead although Stephen Amell (Oliver Queen/The Hood) left an opening: “From what everyone tells me, it’s pretty much impossible to kill you.” Barrowman joked that if he had been invited back for season two of Arrow it would be bigger than Doctor Who’s 50th Anniversary show (to which he famously wasn’t invited).
[sz-youtube url=”http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nkl8cmfXEOo&feature=youtu.be” /]
- Opening and closing sizzle reel shows the highlights of season one and gives us a glimpse of season 2 premiere titled City of Heroes with an introduction to Summer Glau’s character and some footage filmed in Vancouver’s Downtown Eastside of someone who looks a lot like the Black Canary. But it is only the beginning of that character’s story, producers say. This must be the epic overnight fight scene the Arrow Stunt Department spoke of. Meanwhile, Laurel Lance (Katie Cassidy) is going to start kicking butt, too. Where will this intersect?
- Everyone seems to be shipping #Olicity — Oliver and Felicity as a couple. Emily Bett Rickards (Felcity) told the crowd that “shipping” was never part of her vocabulary before. Read More »COMIC-CON NEWS: ARROW Panel With Surprise Guest John Barrowman
- Sunday, May 19th – RoboCop starring Joel Kinnaman wraps its fourth & final day (May 16-19) in the Washington Building at Vancouver Shipyards in North Vancouver, Standoff between heroes and villains with simulated gunfire. You could hear the pop, pop, pop sound nearby.
- Saturday, May 18th – Lexus commercial films in downtown Business District.
- Friday, May 17th – Amanda Tapping directs Continuum on Cambie St. and Arch Alley downtown. First a scene with Stephen Lobo and Magda Apanowicz on Cambie. And then a scene with Victor Webster and a corpse in the gravel parking lot off Arch Alley.
- Friday, May 17th – Globe and Mail: Election upset has BC Film industry reeling over lost taxbreaks
- Friday, May 17th – Lifetime series Witches of East End,starring Julia Ormond, back on BC Production List. New filming dates: July 16 to October 21.
- Thursday, May 16th – Godzilla terrorizes Steveston for third night shoot on docks dressed as San Francisco’s Fisherman’s Wharf.
- Thursday, May 16th – Vancouver whydunnit Motive season finale airs on CTV with Amanda Tapping guest starring as hot psychologist. Crime scene filmed in David Lam Park in Yaletown.
- Thursday, May 16th – YVRShoots Series – Four filmed-in-Vancouver American pilots Once Upon a Time in Wonderland, Almost Human with Karl Urban & Michael Ealy, Intelligence with Josh Holloway and The 100 make it to series. But Intelligence will film its series in Los Angeles not Vancouver.
- Thursday, May 16th – The CW Upfront: The CW becomes the Amell network with cousins Arrow star Stephen Amell & Tomorrow People star Robbie Amell on stage and sharing a childhood photo to a chorus of Awwwws from the audience. The network plans to break up Supernatural and Arrow on Wednesday nights by moving the Winchesters to Tuesdays at 9 p.m. and replacing them with Tomorrow People, a new show which may shift production to Vancouver. But picked up series The 100 is not expected to air until 2014. Here’s a trailer filmed in local forest.
- Thursday May 16th – Continuum films inside CBC Vancouver. Episode directed by Amanda Tapping.
- Thursday, May 16th – The Killing films at Riverview.
- Thursday May 16th – Falling Skies showrunner Remi Aubuchon announces he’s stepping down. David Eick from Battlestar Galactica will take over for season four.
- Wednesday, May 15th – Godzilla in Steveston. Night shoot on docks dressed as San Francisco’s Fisherman’s Wharf.
- Wednesday, May 15th – Supernatural season eight finale. Angels fall from Heaven.
- Wednesday, May 15th – Arrow‘s epic season finale. Throughout the taut episode almost every character looked like he/she was about to sacrifice themselves but ultimately Tommy (Colin Donnell) was the one who did, sacrificing himself to save the woman he loved, Lauren (Katie Cassidy). Archer showdown between Emerald Archer (Stephen Amell/stunt double) & Dark Archer (John Barrowman/stunt double) on Hudson’s Bay roof downtown. Read More »WEEK: May 13-19, 2013
Two Men. Two Bows. One Roof.
Emerald Archer vs Dark Archer for the season finale.
A late April rehearsal of Hudson’s Bay rooftop fight scene at dusk in downtown Vancouver, part of Arrow’s final shoot of the season.
Arrow has been building to the ultimate showdown between Oliver Queen (Stephen Amell) and Malcolm Merlyn (John Barrowman)’s alter egos for much of the season. Is this it? If so, who will be victorious? It didn’t look good for The Hood from my vantage high above in the Vancouver Lookout at Harbour Centre (often featured in Arrow cityscapes).
Update: The slumped figure near the open door turns out be Diggle (David Ramsey) in the season finale.
Rehearsing catching one of the Hood’s arrows.
- Sunday, May 12th – Once Upon a Time season two finale. Hook (Colin O’Donoghue) rescues young Baelfire from the water in Neverland. Back in Storybrooke, Rumple (Robert Carlyle) and Henry (Jared Gilmore) learn from the Charmings (Ginnifer Goodwin, Jennifer Morrison & Josh Dallas) in the Kuno Garden that grownup Baelfire/Neal (Michael Raymond-James) is lost. Greg (Ethan Embry) and Tamara (Sonequa Martin-Green) activate the trigger in the curse. Hook sails away from Storybrooke on his ship after stealing a magic bean. Back in Neverland, Hook gives Baelfire to the Lost Boys. In Storybrooke, the Charmings and Regina (Lana Parrilla) stop the trigger but Henry is captured. They rush to the docks in time to see him taken through a portal to Neverland. Hook comes back with the Jolly Roger and magic bean and they set off through a portal too to rescue Henry. Meanwhile, the Lost Boys row young Baelfire ashore but let him live because he’s not the right boy. Who is? Turns out Peter Pan wants Henry. Oh and grownup Baelfire/Neal is alive.
- Sunday, May 12th – Vancouver-cop-from-the-future series Continuum 2×04 Kiera (Rachel Nichols) races to track down what she thinks is another time traveler and finds her but that’s not who’s wearing a high-tech suit from the future. SGU’s Patrick Gilmore is but as a costume.
- Sunday, May 12th – Leo Award Nominations: Film Becoming Redwood with 14 & TV series Continuum with 16 top the nominations. Arctic Air picks up 14; Arrow, 8 and Primeval: New World, 6.
- Sunday, May 12th – Movie Robocop fims inside the Vancouver Convention Centre dressed as OmniCorp. and has night shoot in alley off Victory Square downtown.
- Saturday, May 11th – Movie Robocop films inside the Vancouver Convention Centre dressed as OmniCorp in night shoot.
- Friday, May 10th – Joel Kinnaman as Robocop on his motorcycle near Olympic Cauldron at Vancouver Convention Centre dressed as OmniCorp in night shoot.
- Friday, May 10th – Bates Motel evening at Paley Center — Reimagining a Cinema Icon – with cast Vera Farmiga, Freddie Highmore, Max Thieriot, Nestor Carbonell, Nicola Peltz and showrunners Carlton Cuse and Kerry Ehrin.
- Friday, May 10th – Aaron Taylor-Johnson & Elizabeth Olsen film Godzilla in Massey Heights house in New Westminster.
- Friday, May 10th – The Killing films on Terminal Avenue and Station Street near Pacific Central Station.
- Friday, May 10th – Psych films on private property between Whiterock and Crescent Beach.
- Friday, May 10th – ABC orders Once Upon a Time in Wonderland to series with John Lithgow now voicing the White Rabbit but passes on pilot Big Thunder and Read More »WEEK: May 6-12, 2013
- Sunday, May 5th – Red Widow finale The Hit 1×08 Convinced that Schiller (Goran Visnjic) murdered her husband, Marta (Radha Mitchell) asks for help with a revenge plot. But it turns out Schiller didn’t make her a widow. Her own father did because he didn’t want to lose his grandkids. Unfortunately no one tells Natalie (Erin Moriarty) who pulls a gun on Schiller in the final scene of the finale filmed at the Guiness Tower downtown last year.
- Sunday, May 5th – Continuum 2×03 Vancouver-cop-from-the-future Kiera (Rachel Nichols) investigates a new street drug she recognizes because her sister was hooked on it in the future. The scenes of Kiera finding her sister in a shanty town for the “emancipated” were filmed on a parkade rooftop in Gastown. In present day, Alec Sandler (Erik Knudsen)’s friends drop the drug on the CBC Plaza and rival Liber8 operatives and former lovers Sonya and Travis go to war using gangs as their weapons.
- Sunday, May 5th – Once Upon a Time 2×21 Young Baelfire (Dylan Schmid) is befriended by the Darling family of Peter Pan fame. Grownup Baelfire/Neal (Michael Raymond-James) intervenes in his father (Robert Carlyle)’s attempted stomping of Dr. Whale (David Anders( to impress Lacey (Emilie de Ravin); much needed talk between Emma (Jennifer Morrison) and grownup Baelfire/Neal takes place on Third Beach in Stanley Park, Meanwhile, Greg (Ethan Embry) and Tamara (Sonequa Martin Green) torture Regina (Lana Parilla) in Steveston cannery buildings.
- Sunday, May 5th – Feature film Robocop with Joel Kinnaman, which shot last summer in Toronto, films in SFU Woodward’s underground parking and later at Granville and Dunsmuir.
- Sunday May 5th – Words and Pictures with Clive Owen and Juliette Binoche scheduled to wrap filming in Vancouver, according to latest B.C. Production List.
- Friday, May 3rd – Falling Skies screens first half of its 2-hour premiere at EW’s Capetown Festival in Hollywood, followed by a Q&A with showrunner Remi Aubuchon and cast members Noah Wyle, Moon Bloodgood, Drew Roy and Maxim Knight. Season 3 scoop.
- Friday, May 3rd – EW has exclusive video of J.J. Abrams, Joel Wyman and John Noble talking about bringing closure to Fringe. One of the extras on the blu-ray/DVD for sale on Tuesday, May 7th.
- Friday, May 3rd – Robocop films on farm on Dyke Road in Richmond. Camera on crane spotted.
- Friday, May 3rd – Cedar Cove films in Deep Cove with Andie MacDowell walking on beach and on dock.
- Friday, May 3rd – Continuum films inside CBC Vancouver.
- Friday, May 3rd – ABC movie Christmas Bounty films at University of British Columbia.
- Friday, May 3rd – New poster for Man of Steel features Henry Cavill in Superman suit and cape.
- Friday, May 3rd – Tim Burton film Big Eyes with Christoph Waltz and Amy Adams scheduled to film here from July 8th to August 23rd, according to latest BC Production List.
- Thursday, May 2nd – Film accelerator Cinecoup‘s Top 15 announced. Vote to finance one of these films with $1 million. 6 from Vancouver: Alien Abduction, Bad, Grade Nine, SCAM, The Fall and The Mill and the Mountain.
- Thursday, May 2nd – Vancouver whydunit Motive 1×11 Brute Force airs on CTV, with Jarod Joseph as The Killer and Adrian Holmes as The Victim, Read More »WEEK: April 29 – May 5, 2013
What is The Undertaking? We’ll find out more in some Starling City flashbacks on tomorrow night’s Arrow. After the death of his wife in The Glades, did Malcolm Merlyn (John Barrowman) plot with Robert Queen (Jamey Sheridan) to destroy the ghetto?
Arrow filmed other Starling City flashback scenes on the docks of Harbour Cruises & Events in Coal Harbour. Are we going to see Robert Queen and his son Oliver (Stephen Amell) depart on their fateful voyage aboard the family yacht, Queen’s Gambit? That would explain Moira Queen (Susanna Thompson)’s presence on set. And why Laurel (Katie Cassidy) seems to be kissing her beloved Ollie goodbye for three weeks that will turn into five years.
Meanwhile, in present-day Starling City, Oliver turns to IT gal Felicity Smoak (Emily Bett Rickards) for help with his vigilante mission. Here she is looking very not-IT-gal in a striking red dress on the gaming floor of Hastings Park race track.
Of course something goes wrong and Oliver’s vigilante alter-ego The Hood has to fight to save Felicity from an armed gunman, wrecking the casino in the process.
What will it take for Oliver Queen and his vigilante alter-ego The Hood (Stephen Amell) to stop The Undertaking and save Starling City, as well as defeat the archer who last put him in hospital? The Big Bad of the final episodes of Arrow’s first season is nefarious Starling City businessman Malcolm Merlyn and his alter ego The Dark Archer (John Barrowman).
Everyone wants to see the next showdown. So when John Barrowman tweeted the view from high up in an unidentified office tower in downtown Vancouver three weeks ago Saturday and then Stephen Amell indicated he was filming there too, local Arrow fans hunted down the Telus Tower in time to see both men down in the lobby dressed in business suits. No bows. No arrows.
Meanwhile, Roy Harper (Colton Haynes) and girlfriend Thea Queen (Willa Holland) are trying to find The Hood too. Fans and photographers pressed up against the glass to see a rehearsal of how close they get as Roy and Thea run into her brother Oliver (but not his alter-ego) in what [turned out to be the lobby for Merlyn Global Group].
Update: In the scene, Oliver tells Roy sternly that it’s a bad idea to seek out the vigilante which makes Oliver a wimp in Roy’s eyes. Roy might change his mind about Oliver when he finds out who the Hood really is.
Update: And what was Felicity Smoak (Emily Bett Rickards) doing in the lobby dressed in a red Big Belly Burger jacket?
- Sunday, April 7th – Feature film Words & Pictures with Clive Owen & Juliette Binoche spends weekend filming at St. George’s private school in Vancouver.
- Saturday, April 6th – Once Upon a Time season two wrap party attended by showrunners Adam Horowitz & Eddy Kitsis.
- Saturday, April 6th – Arrow films 1×22 in the Telus Tower with Stephen Amell, John Barrowman, Willa Holland, Colton Haynes, Colin Donnell, Paul Blackthorne, Emily Bett Rickards on set.
- Saturday, April 6th – CBS pilot Backstrom films in The Regent Hotel in the downtown eastside and in the Vancouver Art Galley downtown with star Rainn Wilson on set.
- Saturday, April 6th – Early edition of Deadline’s Primetime Pilot Panic features six Vancouver-shot pilots: I Am Victor with John Stamos, Human with Karl Urban, Intelligence with Josh Holloway, Backstrom with Rainn Wilson, Big Thunder and The 100.
- Friday, April 5th – Once Upon a Time wraps filming of its second season in Vancouver very late Friday/early morning Saturday.
- Friday, April 5th – Dawn of the Planet of the Apes films in Golden Ears Park with Andy Serkis as Caesar, Jason Clarke, Keri Russell and motion-capture apes spotted on set.
- Friday, April 5th – Video of Godzilla in Golden Ears Park filming military rappelling down from helicopter to recover nuclear missile after Godzilla wrecks train carrying it.
- Friday, April 5th – TNT series King & Maxwell wtth Jon Tenney & Rebecca Romijn films driving scene near the Queen Elizabeth Theatre and more scenes inside The Centre.
- Friday, April 5th – CBS pilot Backstrom wraps three days of filming (Wednesday to Friday) inside the old Pappas Fur building downtown.
- Friday, April 5th – BC Production List says ABC pilot Big Thunder and CW pilots The 100 and Blink wrapped filming in Vancouver.
- Friday, April 5th – Cult 1×07 airs on The CW. Contains scene of Billy Grimm (Robert Knepper) speaking at Vancouver Art Gallery while Kelly Collins (Alona Tal) inspects his signature red car looking for evidence of an abduction.
- Friday, April 5th – Paul Reubens, aka Pee Wee Herman, cast as White Rabbit on Once Upon a Time‘s pilot presentation OnceWonderland, joining Sophie Lowe as Alice, Peter Gadiot as Cyrus, Michael Socha as the Knave of Hearts and Emma Rigby as the Red Queen. Filming is scheduled from April 8th – 12th.
- Thursday, April 4th – Vancouver whydunit Motive 1×09 airs on CTV with a young art lover as the victim.
- Thutsday, April 4th – Supernatural‘s Jensen Ackles & Jared Padalecki film an establishing shot with the Impala at the Holy Trinity Cathedral in New Westminster after filming scenes inside and then at the law courts.
- Thursday, April 4th – TNT series King & Maxwell films Jon Tenney & Rebecca Romijn at The Centre.
- Thursday, April 4th – CBS pilot Intelligence with Josh Holloway, Marg Helgenberger and Meghan Ory wraps filming in Vancouver.
- Thursday, April 4th – FOX pilot Human with Karl Urban, Michael Ealy, Minka Kelly & more wraps filming in Vancouver overnight in the Terminal City Ironworks complex in Read More »WEEK: April 1-7, 2013
[sz-youtube url=”http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7m657-K0hyk&feature=youtu.be” /]
- Sunday, March 10th – Red Widow 1×03 The Consignment starring Radha Mitchell and Goran Visnjic has scene of youngest cast member Jakob Salvati doing own stunt near Victory Square dowtown.
- Sunday, March 10th – Motive 1×05 Public Enemy about murder of health food guru starring Kristin Lehman and Louis Ferreira.
- Sunday, March 10th – Once Upon a Time 1×16 The Miller’s Daughter. Emma, Bae, Henry and the dying Rumple sail from Manhattan to Storybrooke, aka Steveston pirate ship set. Big sword fight showdown — Good vs Evil — inside Mr. Gold’s in Steveston. Who will die? #onewilldie.
- Sunday, March 10th – TV movie Window Wonderland with Chyler Leigh of Grey’s Anatomy films outside Holt Renrew downtown for 3rd day in a row.
- Saturday, March 9th – Arrow panel at PaleyFest with Stephen Amell, Katie Cassidy, David Ramsey, Susannah Thompson & executive producers. From panel: Amell cast with his shirt on! Malcolm Merlyn (John Barrowman) is “evil Bruce Wayne”. Expect slow build to Black Canary and Speedy (Colton Haynes). Mysterious genre guest star coming. Not as much as VFX as you’d think except for the arrows — all CGIed.
- Saturday, March 9th – Stunt rehearsals with Josh Holloway on Fraser River for CBS pilot Intelligence.Photo from @SidneySewell.
- Saturday, March 9th – TV movie Window Wonderland with Chyler Leigh of Grey’s Anatomy films outside Holt Renfrew downtown
- Friday, March 8th – Arrow‘s David Ramsey films in The Pinnacle hotel and then at night Paul Blackthorne and Colton Haynes on The Pier aka Burrard Dry Dock Pier in North Vancouver.
- Friday, March 8th – The Killing films a night shoot in Gastown.
- Friday, March 8th – Cult airs on its new night. 1×03 has big stunt of train on Langley tracks hitting a car plus scenes of Matt Davis & Jessica Lucas at UBC.
- Friday, March 8th – Movie Robocop to do reshoots in Vancouver not Toronto this May to accomodate star Joel Kinnaman who is filming season 3 of The Killing here. Via latest BC Production List.
- Friday, March 8th – Isaiah Washington (Dr. Burke from Grey’s Anatomy) joins cast of CW pilot The 100.
- Friday, March 8th – TV movie Winter Wonderland with Chyler Leigh of Grey’s Anatomy films outside Holt Renfrew downtown
- Thursday, March 7th – Once Upon a Time films Fairy Tale Land scenes in Robert Burnaby Park with Lana Parrilla Read More »WEEK: March 4-10, 2013